This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FTL: Faster Than Light

Comments

• Finally beat normal. Only scored 17 more points than my failed crystal ship run. Still don't have the slug ship or the rock type B. 5580 as the Mantis Type B.
  • O2 room on fire WITH A BOARDER IN IT defending the fire for some reason (he wouldn't leave). Running out of oxygen from a previous doors-open venting removal of the other three boarders. Suddenly, a new boarder appears and takes out my door control.

My crew died well that day. Died like heroes.
  • I wish venting rooms actually sucked borders out of the ship, like opening an airlock actually would.
  • Welding technology is incredible in the FTL universe.
  • Well, I'm pretty sure you could weld on the moon.
  • The Jonas Brothers set out on their intergalactic tour following the release on their most recent movie Camp Rock 3: You Thought Camp Rock 2 Was The Final Jam. They load their instruments aboard their space tour bus and take off across the universe.

It'd have to be arc, though. I don't think gas-fueled or -shielded welding would work.

It'd have to be arc, though. I don't think gas-fueled or -shielded welding would work.
    Nah, I think you could MIG in space. One thing is for sure, though, you'd need a fucking long earth lead.

• edited October 2012
    I just want to unlock my stupid rock ship and get my new slug ships.

Then I can play it as a leisure activity just to show that I "think" I know how to beat the boss relatively consistently. Relatively...
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Merely occupying the pilot doesn't appear to be enough. I had an away team on an enemy ship and the ship jumped away with them on it. Thankfully this was in Sector 1. #RestartedLikeABoss
  • YES! I beat the Boss on Normal with the Type B Crystal Ship, nicknamed The Cavity Creeps! I almost lost to the third form because I only had a breach bomb to take out the Zoltan Shield, then I quickly teleported people into different parts of the ship and won the war of attrition!

May the brave souls of Decay the Crystal, Plaque the Crystal, Laugini the Human, and Felicia the Mantis rest in peace. They took the enemy down knowing they couldn't teleport back.
  • Well I reached and beat stage 1 of the (easy) boss on my 6th play-through, but apparently I misinterpreted the map and warped past the flagship instead of intercepting it, causing it to reach the base and lose.

Silent rage quit.
  • I've finally gotten around to playing it. And you know what? Being boarded sucks ass.
  • But inflicting that pain is delicious!
  • Final ship unlocked.
  • And now you must win with every ship on normal difficulty.
  • I reach the final boss 9 out of 10 times, I get shot down in less than 5 minutes every time.
  • I have gotten it to the point where I usually beat the boss should I reach him, which I do maybe half the time. I tend to really ride the edge of the rebel advance to maximize my scrap so i often get trapped and die terribly.
  • Last night is the first time I killed the boss by blitzing him down as opposed to methodic removing of enemies. I was playing the Nisus and had the starting dual laser, 2x Heavy Laser 2s, and the Nisus beam weapon. I was scared at how quick I was taking it down.
  • Yeah, once I fucked up the boss so easily I thought I might have broken the game. I didn't even have to use cloaking at all.
  • I had a run last night with the Mantis ship (attempting to unlock its B side) where I didn't take a single point of hull damage the first 2 modes and I only took 4 points on the third wave. Fucking burst of heavy laser fire.
  • Beat the game on easy mode last night. I got a Glaive Beam onto my Kestral and ripped everything up.

When I won some kind of victory screen appeared but I skipped past it because my brain told me I ought to press space to pause the game to read the message. Damn it.
  • When I won some kind of victory screen appeared but I skipped past it because my brain told me I ought to press space to pause the game to read the message. Damn it.
    Same thing happens to me every time!
  • edited November 2012
    HOLY SHIT. I finally beat it (on easy). 3x Burst Laser IIs with pre-igniter and automated reloader, 3 shields, and a bunch of last-minute evasion. I don't think they hit me with almost any missiles, and only one of their drones got on board. I basically targeted almost all weapons on the boss's shields, took them down, and tried to do as much hull damage as possible before they launched weapons at me.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I've beat it two more times since then using my newly unlocked ships from the first victory.

It's like winning once opens to floodgates to winning over and over again.

I might even take a stab at normal mode.
  • Got to the next to last system before the boss system (#9 I think?) on normal with the Kestrel B. Got an event that was basically all your fuel or hull damage and a fight. Took the hull damage which put me down to like 3 points and died to missiles.
    I've found normal isn't that bad once you've got the hang of the game. It's just that a ship that cant kill 2 shield enemies is fucked fast.
  • Got the game a couple days ago, made it to the flagship on my 5th try, got promptly fucked in the ass. Good lord, the damn thing shot up my hull like it was nothing.
  • Fucking huge FTL update incoming 2014.

The Too Lazy; Didn't Read of it: New weapons, new sectors, new events, new systems, new enemies, new places, and two huge new mechanics: Hacking and Mind Control.
  • Man I never even got the Crystal ship, so much RNG to get the outpost after the shard.
  • sK0pe said:

Man I never even got the Crystal ship, so much RNG to get the outpost after the shard.

There are save files abound that just unlock that shit for you.