This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Brilliantly well played.
    *slow clap* Well $)_(ing played.
  • Muse are coming to Berlin in June and I already have tickets. I hope their show will be as awesome as my favourite live performance of theirs.

They will not force us,
    They will stop degrading us,
    They will not control us,
    We will be victorious
    So come on

• Hey, I would like a copy of those hobo comics. I loved those!
  • The big ol' #60

• No, Laugh-Out-Loud Cats isn't mine. I used to draw a serialized comic about a little guy named King Hobo trying to make his way in the world. It was much, much funnier than Laugh-Out-Loud Cats. I really ought to get back to that.
    Walker, would you have the time to make Hobotopia a regularly updated webcomic? I, like so many others on this thread, love those comics and would like you to continue making them.

• No, Laugh-Out-Loud Cats isn't mine. I used to draw a serialized comic about a little guy named King Hobo trying to make his way in the world. It was much, much funnier than Laugh-Out-Loud Cats. I really ought to get back to that.
    Walker, would you have the time to make Hobotopia a regularly updated webcomic? I, like so many others on this thread, love those comics and would like you to continue making them.

I've picked some ambitious creative projects to fill the time I have for them. Hobotipia won't be on the list for a while, but he probably isn't gone forever.
  • I'm started to design a boardgame. I don't know how I feel about this.
  • I'm started to design a boardgame. I don't know how I feel about this.
    I hope it's not too boaring.
  • OzOz
    edited January 2013
    http://www.spiegel.de/static/360grad/kamtschatka/
    A zooms in, Z zooms out, arrow keys rotate.
    Post edited by Oz on
    Probably more like Boston never decided to redesign their streets when automobiles became popular.
  • New York tricks you though. It likes to make you think it wants you to know where you are and how to get where you're going... it lures you in... but then throws in enough edge cases to fuck you up royally. Boston looks like it makes you think hard before setting off anywhere.
  • As a Brit, when I came to America, the grid system was amazing, made remebering where your hostel was so much easier.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm started to design a boardgame. I don't know how I feel about this.
    Beware. I divulged a similar project and got jumped on. Protip: Listen to everything the Rubin says on the matter.
    Post edited by Dromaro on

I'd watch this show. I'd watch it everyday.
  • So what happens when the vote the first guy off? Do they just say he was gay and move on?
  • They say there's still a straight man in the house and continue the competition.
  • edited February 2013
    For you Archer fans + Linux admins out there wondering... what happens when you execute the top command on the ISIS mainframe?

Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Pretty much exactly that.
  • An excellent example of how to handle a home invasion.
  • Just your daily reminder that Polandball is the best thing to come out of 4chan.
  • House of Cards is awesome, and anyone with a Netflix streaming account should go watch it.
  • Just your daily reminder that Polandball is the best thing to come out of 4chan.
    I love how Armenia is getting a kick out of the situation.
  • Dude tries to take off and land a plane with only flight simulator experience. I haven't read to the conclusion, but I kind of want to make this bet against someone.

Churbs, what chance do you give him? I kind of just assume you know about this sort of thing.
  • If he's not doing the pre-flight checks, taxi-ing, or talking to ATC, it isn't a complete take off. He automatically loses the bet.
  • edited February 2013
    Churbs, what chance do you give him? I kind of just assume you know about this sort of thing.
    Chances of doing it right and winning the bet? Depends on the conditions on the day, but assuming a clear day, and assuming he's been flying that aircraft in simulators...low to fair, depending on how much sack he's got.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • assuming a clear day
    This was one of the stipulations.
    If he's not doing the pre-flight checks, taxi-ing, or talking to ATC, it isn't a complete take off
    This was not.
  • And that is why FlashHulk got banned into submission.