This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• check out this card storage kit - fits in the box with dividers to keep everything in one place

http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1573860_md.jpg
  • That's dope. I was looking at those boxes that were in that video Scott posted. I didn't end up getting any though.
  • That looks nice, but it's too big. It's all about minimizing space usage.
  • edited March 2013
    But he's using the box that the game came in originally. He's maximizing the space of the box to fit the current card sets along with making space for future cards sets.

Other than sleeving all the cards, that's a pretty good set up. I understand the need to sleeve all the cards if you plan on making decks for each faction/corp, but I only have 2 decks right now so I don't plan on needing more sleeves.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • The girl I had talked to at Card Kingdom suggested only buying enough to sleeve your deck and a few swapout cards but it was just bugging me too much that I ended up getting enough sleeves for all my cards.
  • FFG just announced the first deluxe expansion for Netrunner: Creation and Control
  • FFG just announced the first deluxe expansion for Netrunner: Creation and Control
    Three copies each of 55 individual cards! No need to buy more than one copy!
  • HO LEE SHIT THOSE CARDS
  • edited March 2013
    HO LEE SHIT THOSE CARDS
    *drool*

Those identities! They are pushing this game in directions I never imagined.

Somebody fucking slap me. No wait, I don't want to wake up.
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
    Three copies each of 55 individual cards! No need to buy more than one copy!
    After the initial starter box, the FFG LCG model has always been to give you three copies of all additional cards. The only time they don't do this is when they first release a new game and limit the cards in the starter.

And yes, the new cards are pretty awesome. I don't know if I like the fact that the new deluxe expansion only focuses on HB and Shapers, but they're also giving you new neutral cards, and you can always use any of the new cards in other factions as long as you follow the rules.

Overall, I am very excited and surprised at some of the directions they're taking the game.

• CHAKANA! FUCK YOU FAST ADVANCE! Gonna do nothing but run R+D. Splash that mofo into Anarch. What? What? What? What?
  • edited March 2013
    The art... Fuck.

Edit: Oh shit.. Escher can rearrange ICE across ALL servers??

So you can move Hadrian's Wall, Archer, Tollbooth etc onto one server you never plan on attacking and put all their weaker ICE in front of their remote, HQ or even R&D?

Nasty. Even just moving the Archer or Hadrian's off a remote is a big hit. That 5 deep remote you were hoping to use for advancing? Yeah, it's now 2 Pop Up Windows, 2 Wall of Static and a Chum bringing up the REAR.. hahahahaha
  • Escher doesn't let you expose any ice. You also have to keep the same number of ICE on each server that it started with. So a server that started with two ice, ends with two ice.

Still crazy powerful. If they put one archer protecting a server, just swap it with a crappy ice you can break easily, then nail whatever was behind it.
  • Escher doesn't let you expose any ice. You also have to keep the same number of ICE on each server that it started with. So a server that started with two ice, ends with two ice.

Still crazy powerful. If they put one archer protecting a server, just swap it with a crappy ice you can break easily, then nail whatever was behind it.
    Still very powerful. Oh, You've got Chum protecting your Neural Katana? Why don't I just reverse the order of your Ice for you. There, that's much better...

• edited March 2013
    Escher doesn't let you expose any ice. You also have to keep the same number of ICE on each server that it started with. So a server that started with two ice, ends with two ice.

Exactly this.

Moving an Archer to their archives is as good as killing it. Assuming they have 1 ICE on archives. Love cards like this. Late game, you could just WRECK the corp. Early game? Not *so* much but still very useful to move just 1 good piece of ICE out of the way. Ie Criminals weakening HQ.

• It's not book club time, but this passage from Player of Games makes me think Gurgeh would enjoy Netrunner:
    ...the three of them played a complicated card-game of the type Gurgeh liked best; one that involved bluff and just a little luck.
  • edited March 2013
    FINALLY. Amazon got What Lies Ahead back in stock so I ordered a copy.

EDIT: Just checked again, Amazon doesn't have it anymore but they are selling for another game store. Its $5 more than it should be and there is no Prime on it. That went fast.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Yeah, What Lies Ahead reprint is slowly getting out to stores nowish.
  • Truest of the all the cards.
  • New cards are pretty crazy. I really want to use Hourglass and Uroboros in a replicating perfection deck.
    making progress...
    making progress...
    You got a lot more card types to go.
  • There's a lot of copy-paste.. and I pretty much just started. Can't find my tablet though ):< ):< ):< ):<
  • New cards are pretty crazy. I really want to use Hourglass and Uroboros in a replicating perfection deck.
    Is there a visual spoiler? Where did you see the new cards??

• What Lies Ahead and Trace Amount have been reprinted and are in stock in many places now.
  • Does each player require a Core set or can one core set be used for two player match?
  • Does each player require a Core set or can one core set be used for two player match?
    The game is asymmetric. There are corp cards and runner cards that are completely separate and are even different colors on the back (red/blue). In each game one player is the corp and one is the runner. The core set has enough cards to make multiple runner decks and corp decks. You can easily play with two people and just one core set. Buying more cards only increases the possible decks you can make. If you want to be able to make every possible tournament legal deck you will need three core sets and one copy of each expansion.
  • The game is asymmetric. There are corp cards and runner cards that are completely separate and are even different colors on the back (red/blue). In each game one player is the corp and one is the runner. The core set has enough cards to make multiple runner decks and corp decks. You can easily play with two people and just one core set. Buying more cards only increases the possible decks you can make. If you want to be able to make every possible tournament legal deck you will need three core sets and one copy of each expansion.
    That does sound awesome. Now to blind buy or try and find a way to play it... I'll assume CTCon will have sets to play but tempted to go into NYC for one of those meetups to try it.
  • Buy it blind. Don't wait. Buy it now.