This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• It's very easy to count how much influence is on the table, just count it. Not like you have to remember like Blackjack. You can look at archives any time as well to count some more. Run archives if there is something face down. The hard part is remember how much influence other things cost, but ICE is pretty easy. Just about every ICE is 1 or 2. Woodcutter, Janus, and Hadrian's Wall are the only ICE that have 3 influence. The only ice that are 1 influence that can be scary are Wall of Thorns and Rototurret.
  • Ooh. I just saw a local tournament in April that isn't so far away. Methinks I shall go.
  • Well, I usually do probe runs early in the turn so getting ambushed by HB ice hasn't really happened to me yet. I suppose people who use my logic are the reason Hourglass was printed.
    Also Enigma. Also, E3 feedback implants. Also if you know the ICE and how many creds the corp has, you know what ICE can be rezzed. If you count influence points, you can eliminate lots of possible ICE. This is why only nubs need to expose ICE with Snitch and such. The #1 way to get good at running is to learn the cards so well you don't ever need to expose anything. Then your deck is full of deadly weapons and not crap like infiltration.
    You sound exactly like every MTG player above the noob level I've ever heard.

Anyway, I'm starting to build my own decks. I'm thinking of Jinteki with a splash of Wayland to try to make an oddly aggressive Corp and then a Mac Shaper deck for speed.
  • Well, I usually do probe runs early in the turn so getting ambushed by HB ice hasn't really happened to me yet. I suppose people who use my logic are the reason Hourglass was printed.
    Also Enigma. Also, E3 feedback implants. Also if you know the ICE and how many creds the corp has, you know what ICE can be rezzed. If you count influence points, you can eliminate lots of possible ICE. This is why only nubs need to expose ICE with Snitch and such. The #1 way to get good at running is to learn the cards so well you don't ever need to expose anything. Then your deck is full of deadly weapons and not crap like infiltration.
    You sound exactly like every MTG player above the noob level I've ever heard.

Anyway, I'm starting to build my own decks. I'm thinking of Jinteki with a splash of Wayland to try to make an oddly aggressive Corp and then a Mac Shaper deck for speed.
    Kate is average speed. Chaos Theory is the fast one.
  • I would say Chaos Theory would be faster because of the 40 cards. While I lose the link and credit bonus from Kate, I can easily get my Magnum Opus out with Test Run. If I can't get out Magnum Opus, I also have Armitage Codebusting just in case.
  • edited March 2013
    How is she faster? All she grants is an extra Memory Unit? Is it just cus you don't have to waste clicks dropping a Mem Chip? Cus I don't see how +1 MU is faster than -1 Cred on things you install.

EDIT: Ah, didn't see that she has a smaller min deck size.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited March 2013
    40 cards > 45 cards. Run 3 Test Runs in your deck along with 2 Magnum Opus and 2 Armitage Codebustings. Use first Test Run to get Magnum Opus. Use others to get Icebreakers like Crypsis or Femme Fatale.

Also have Personal Workshop to spend down thinks like Dinosaurus or Femme Fatale.

Also Magnum Opus cost 2 MU, so hosting Crypsis or Yog on Dinosaurus helps out with the +2 strength free MU cost. Even if you didn't have anything on Dinosaurus yet, having the MU bonus is better because you don't have to worry as much about running with more Akimatsus or Toolbox.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah. I've been dealing with M:TG long enough to know that smaller decks are better than bigger decks. Less variance is a good thing. :3

I just wish there were a better Gatherer-equivalent than CardGameDB.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Just use 3 magnum opus and no armitage.
  • I was thinking about that, but then I worry about not being able to get them out for some reason. So should I just get rid of both Armitages add a MO, which will then give me another slot for a card. Hmm...
  • edited March 2013
    I was thinking about that, but then I worry about not being able to get them out for some reason. So should I just get rid of both Armitages add a MO, which will then give me another slot for a card. Hmm...
    With three test run and three magnum your odds of getting one are over 80%. Mulligan if you don't get one. Also 3 diesel. MATHS
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Yeah, I always mulligan if I don't have Test Run in my hand. I am running with 2 Diesels ATM. I was thinking of putting the other All Nighter to run 3 of them.
  • hosting Crypsis or Yog on Dinosaurus helps out
    Can't Crypsisaurus.
  • hosting Crypsis or Yog on Dinosaurus helps out
    Can't Crypsisaurus.
    Wyrmasaurus is also illegal. No AI icebreakers. Subtypes matter! Learn them.
  • Dammit. Well it's a good thing I have those Personal Touches in there. Well I'll just Dinosauraus the Femme Fatale, Yog, or other non AI Programs.
  • WuB and I are trying to figure out how to work Android: Netrunner via Google Glass. Out-of-the-box G+ Hangouts don't quite work because you need to be able to privately look at your own cards, but there's gotta be a way to do it.
  • G+ works ok. Just focus your camera on the layout of the cards you are playing while on screen you have vice versa for your opponent. Announce the cards you play and do the honor system.

Worked for Scott and myself.
  • We're talking about Google Glass, where the camera is attached to your face.
  • Ahh, well I'm no help here. Maybe a command to turn camera off?
  • edited March 2013
    It has accelerometers, right? Maybe when you tilt your head down to look at your hand, the camera turns off.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • It has accelerometers, right? Maybe when you tilt your head down to look at your hand, the camera turns off.
    And then your opponent can't see your cards on the table anymore.
  • https://github.com/db0/Android-Netrunner-OCTGN

You guys seen this yet? I just found it so I haven't actually tried it out.
  • I believe this was mentioned on the first few pages. You can transfer your deck lists from cardgamedb to OCTGN to start playing, but I haven't bothered.

Scott says the interface is poop, so I won't even bother.
  • OCTGN is SO MUCH POOP. One of the worst softwares ever. I'm amazed it even works.
  • Ah that's a bummer.
  • Ah that's a bummer.
    Tons of people use it. If you can tolerate the horribleness, go for it.
  • I just hope Fantasy Flight doesn't do what Dominion did and go through Goko to enable online play.
  • edited March 2013
    I just hope Fantasy Flight doesn't do what Dominion did and go through Goko to enable online play.
    If/When they make a Netrunner iOS app similar to the Ascension app, I'll quit my job and play 18 hours a day.

Edit: Anyone listen to Agenda 7, or the first episode of Breaking News, Netrunner podcasts?

Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • Ro was admiring someone's playmat at PAX. Here is how you get a custom playmat.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/82297/annr-play-mat-set-corprnnr-gencon-style
  • I remember a pile of us were looking for deckboxes good for A:NR at PAX. Everything is either generic fantasy or M:TG specific. I just ended up emptying out some of the intro deckboxes that they were throwing at people and shoving my decks into them.

That's one kinda side issue with Netrunner right now: There's no real accessory products available yet.