This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How much would you pay for this forum?

Comments

• I would pay top dollah for the goddamn link to beta GeekNights.
  • I'll pay at least a dollar when I have a job. Besides any subscriptions or pledge drives, you could just add a Paypal donate button to the forum and/or main site.
  • I'd prefer zero benefits for anyone who contributed money, except the benefit of everyone having a better forum. Merch is fine, with profits going to help the geeknights fund, but I don't particularly care for merch, and I do care about a better forum.
  • cam shows?
  • That's not a bad idea. Make trillbies with the My little pony main cast on them, call them Pony fedoras, rake in profit hand over fist, done and done.
  • I'd prefer zero benefits for anyone who contributed money, except the benefit of everyone having a better forum. Merch is fine, with profits going to help the geeknights fund, but I don't particularly care for merch, and I do care about a better forum.
    I am in this boat too. We have enough STUFF. However, you could always sell merch as a fundraiser for the forum. Anyone who doesn't want the merch can just donate.

• edited September 2013
    I have more than enough coffee mugs, but that isn't a bad idea if it's inexpensive.

I say GeekNights Dice with the GN being the 6 on a D6, kinda like the PAX 10 dice I gave you guys from TT. That would be cool.
    YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH COFFEE MUGS!!! Actually I'm getting quite a few. I just like that idea because everyone has use for a cup.

I do like the dice idea as well. I've been needing some dice.
    Not a polo. Good god. I live in Southern California and it is currently 106 degrees. Tshirts.
    How is a polo worse than a tshirt for hot weather? I've always found them cooler to wear, collars keep the sun off your neck and ultimately your body cools because of that. Also most of my shirt wearing goes on at work and I don't wear hugely branded tshirts to work which is why I suggested polos. Polos usually have small logos instead of huge graphics on them. Not opposed to tshirts of course, but like I said before they would need to be designed well for me to consider buying one.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Polo and/or button shirt will ALWAYS be better than a T-Shirt.
  • Plus with a polo shirt you can pop that collar and show off your swagger.
  • Cosplay as Yolo Swaggins.
  • edited September 2013
    I could easily do something special for the people who pay the $1. Maybe some small and tasteful flair? I could also create a members only thread category,
    Oh sure. The rich kids get better treatment than the rest of us. That's both sad and typical. Sadly typical. Typically sad.

We are the 99%.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I could easily do something special for the people who pay the $1. Maybe some small and tasteful flair? I could also create a members only thread category,
    Oh sure. The rich kids get better treatment than the rest of us. That's both sad and typical. Sadly typical. Typically sad.

We are the 99%.
    If this happens I promise to pitch a tent in Scott's apartment until the bankers are brought to justice.
  • edited September 2013
    "Pitch a tent" in Scott's apartment. There's GOT to be a gay joke in there, somewhere.

- You know how I know you're gay?
    - You pitched a tent in Scott's apartment.

No, that's not quite it.

- Yeah, you wouldn't need your own, because Scott pitches a tent every morning.

No. Maybe a little closer, but still not there.
  • We are the 99%
    Holy shit, HungryJoe sighting! That's an avatar I haven't seen for a while ^_^
  • edited September 2013
    We are the 99%
    Holy shit, HungryJoe sighting! That's an avatar I haven't seen for a while ^_^
    Frankly, I've been simply too sad to post anything for a long time, but I'm beginning to snap out of it.

I couldn't resist the obvious Occupy-joke this thread was screaming for someone to post. We can't let the corporate-ocracy take over this forum! We can't let the 1% own this ivory tower!
  • edited September 2013
    "Pitch a tent" in Scott's apartment. There's GOT to be a gay joke in there, somewhere.

- You know how I know you're gay?
    - You pitched a tent in Scott's apartment.

No, that's not quite it.

- Yeah, you wouldn't need your own, because Scott pitches a tent every morning.

No. Maybe a little closer, but still not there.
    We can support the forum with money or with deeds; I'll be giving Scott a hard time. Fire, music, scary stories, beans, and the whole nine yards.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited September 2013
    I shall support the forum by planting a tiny tree and only drinking free trade coffee.
  • Friggin hippies...
  • edited September 2013
    I shall hold a candlelight vigil for the forum and sing "Michael, Row the Boat Ashore" while burning my draft card.
  • I just find it ironic that Scrym (aka we have the most awesomest jobs and make so much money that we would gladly pay more money in taxes) are asking for money to host the forum. It's just weird.
  • 120 dollars a month to host a forum is a lot of money for anyone. Would you be willing to pay over a thousand dollars a year to support other people's hobbies?
  • 120 dollars a month to host a forum is a lot of money for anyone. Would you be willing to pay over a thousand dollars a year to support other people's hobbies?
    I already do.

• edited September 2013
    You guys have a way more visible site than ours, so maybe you wouldn't get the same results, but we were getting dozens of spam applicants a day and all I had to do was make a verification question. Now we get maybe one a week.
    Post edited by Dave on
    I already do.
    Fair enough.
  • You guys have a way more visible site than ours, so maybe you wouldn't get the same results, but we were getting dozens of spam applicants a day and all I had to do was make a verification question. Now we get maybe one a week.
    The verification question was defeated.
  • The spam bots have adapted. You will be assimilated.
  • Get an intern or pay someone to deal with your spam. Gotta be cheaper than that hosting cost.
  • And by intern he means cabana boy.