This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How much would you pay for this forum?

Comments

• I am willing to be the FRCF intern. My qualification is that I have spent too much time on here and am an expert Papers, Please player, so I should be good at this.
  • I would be willing to pay as well... Even $5 a month. I am sure you guys can come up with some creative things for people who are paying...
  • NO "premium" forum members.

NO perks.

NO bullshit.

Sell some shirts/mugs/mousepads/goods to cover the costs, but do NOT step onto the slope downwards to SomethingAwful. It'd also be quite silly to watch you guys rail against other forum software making those communities terrible, which is true, and then turning 180 and suggesting to actually sell snob-features. People who don't participate on the forums, but enjoy reading (however that can be possible) all the bullshit nonsense all of us idiots write out on these digital pages, would also have a much easier time supporting the site if they could buy merchandise. Don't do pledges, don't do subscriptions, stick to actually selling physical merchandise and donations.

Or stick some Google ads on your MLP videos. Surely enough MLP fans watch that to make it worthwhile.
  • I'd pay nothing. I haven't been around in months and months, and don't see that changing by any meaningful degree. Life has been good, career is going better than ever, and I've moved on to other things.

For those that do enjoy hanging out here, I like BGG's model. Generate revenue for ads, but offer an option to pay $$$ to shut off the ads. The major flaw in that model is a little thing called Adblocker, so maybe it wouldn't work on a geek forum.
  • HungryJoe & Kilarney post in the same week/month?

We all know that ScRym can easily afford it, but do they want to? You should raffle off shit you guys don't want or need in regards to comics, manga, animes, games, or whatever. Or even Forbidden Island you got from PAX.
  • I could probably cough up under $10 a month for this forum. I want a Poccner t-shirt though.
  • edited September 2013
    HungryJoe & Kilarney post in the same week/month?
    Well they can't let the other one win, can they? Next thing you know Thaed and Kenjura will be back up ins.
    Post edited by Starfox on
    Well they can't let the other one win, can they? Next thing you know Thaed and Kenjura will be back up ins.
    This is more evidence that Joe and Kilarney are, in fact, the same person.
    This is more evidence that Joe and Kilarney are, in fact, the same person.
    It's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, except more political.
  • If I had a job, I'd totally throw in $5 a month. But I don't. Until I do, I can't commit to paying for services that are ultimately a luxury.

People suggesting ads... come on. Most of us use some form of Adblock. The income from ads would be trivial at best.

+1

Also I do like the sound of T-shirts. How about hats?
    Lanyards? Mouse mats? Mugs with Rym's face on it? Front row crew game to subsidise the site?
  • I'd be fine with setting up Paypal to automatically send $5 per month, but I don't want or need swag. (Also, the work involved in doing that is more than I imagine Scott wants to do). That being said, if Rym wanted to print and sell some Stink Bean Mafia sets and use the proceeds for forum hosting stuff, I'd be into that.
  • This forum catalyzed a lot of beautiful and necessary changes in me. I love this place and you people! But, I'm also poor. Consider me in Nuri's boat for now.
  • edited September 2013
    HungryJoe & Kilarney post in the same week/month?
    Someone needs to bring back FlammingGeek for, like, a day.

EDIT: I've been a member of this forum for eight fucking years.

Holy shit.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • i LIVE IN JAPAN. i am looking at tokio tower right Now.. Why you dont think i live their?
  • I would certainly buy merch and things like that.
  • i LIVE IN JAPAN. i am looking at tokio tower right Now.. Why you dont think i live their?
    5/10, should have gone all the way by creating a sockpuppet account.
  • We could flash back and I could start mentioning religion again, if you all are that nostalgic.
  • We could flash back and I could start mentioning religion again, if you all are that nostalgic.
    Nah, that would shatter their strawman Christian.
  • edited September 2013
    We could flash back and I could start mentioning religion again, if you all are that nostalgic.
    I don't think you were here for those days. Good days. (Not really)

Post edited by Axel on
    Well, I hold all supernatural beliefs in basically equal contempt, so the only "christian" that wouldn't catch argument fire is a purely cultural one who is actually atheist. ;^)
  • edited September 2013
    I could go back to watching Fox News and Limbaugh and then jump on the forum spouting bat shit crazy stuff?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
    Well, I hold all supernatural beliefs in basically equal contempt, so the only "christian" that wouldn't catch argument fire is a purely cultural one who is actually atheist. ;^)
    But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
  • I could go back to watching Fox News and Limbaugh and then jump on the forum spouting bat shit crazy stuff?
    Or we could go for a real blast from the past and see Rym and Scott return to 4 nights a week.

• I could go back to watching Fox News and Limbaugh and then jump on the forum spouting bat shit crazy stuff?
    Or we could go for a real blast from the past and see Rym and Scott return to 4 nights a week.
    Unlikely; they've been at it for so long I can't see them being able to get magic right for four whole nights a week anymore.
  • hello it is 2008 and how do i girl???
  • hello it is 2008 and how do i girl???
    That's not a blast from the past; that's a blast from five minutes ago. :P
  • Hey now, my romantic life may still be a perpetual Jovian storm, but at least I ask people on dates these days :P
  • It's not necessarily you, but it still continues to sum up the Dating thread in a nutshell.
  • The Dating thread has come a long way. There is much less "WAHH Girls don't like me" and much more "This thing happened... am I crazy to react this way?"

The second is much more productive. Congratulations on leveling up, FRCF. :)
  • Ding!
    FRCF leveled up! FRCF is trying to learn "self-reflection", but can't know more than four moves! Forget a move?

FRCF forgot "fedora"! FRCF learned "self-reflection"!