This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2014

Comments

• okeefe said:

Matt said:

For all of the bad news we've been hit with regarding PAX East, the antsy factor is ramping WAY up today. Still gonna be a PAX. Still gonna have a great time.

I just want to know how much their bag check is going to ruin my mornings. That's the one unknown that's pissing me off.

Even if it's terrible, PAX!
    Dress warm.

• edited April 2014
    My siblings and I are pretty stoked, even if we only managed to get Saturday passes... that's probably the ideal day anyway. Only a few days now!
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • I'm in Main Events night shift, there better be some sweet ass party to go to when I get out at midnight.
  • Enforcer schedule is up! Tabletop morning shift represent!
  • I shall Condor it up in the mornings.
  • edited April 2014
    Greening (Expo) in the afternoons, joy.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Tabletop Night shift son!
  • Morning shift Tabletop as well. Pleased to meet you, Mr Pence. I say we both wear Glass that morning and freak people out that there are 2 of us.

Also, I won the Enforcer betting pool on when the schedule would be posted? Yay. I'm not one to turn down free stuff.

Only downside to schedule is that my good friend and main PAXing buddy Jon (CorvusRex) did not get his first pick of TT but is instead working Main Theater. He is mega tall though and equipped with a booming voice, so he will serve well there, and get to half-watch some rather cool events like storytime and make-a-strip.

PAaaaaaaaaaaax
  • Matt said:

I say we both wear Glass that morning and freak people out that there are 2 of us.

Everyone would probably have trouble remembering the names of the two guys with short, dark hair and Glass who are working that shift. Nice to meet you, as well. :D

Don't see Rym on that schedule, but I assume that means he's transcended schedules and is working all three shifts in all departments. We'll need to get games in Thursday afternoon before the con. Not sure if afternoon tabletop or evening hotel gaming will be my thing this year; depends on the bag check situation, and whether I want to get out and about after working TT all morning.
  • Anyone making a Group Me so we can coordinate the gaming in/outside of PAX.
  • I dunno, but installing Group Me now so consider me down for whatever. In theory I should be a lot more free up this year to hang around and play games, but we all know how that always goes. I have a much smaller group of friends & family in tow this year (just 3 people), and I'm not actively writing at the moment, so no interviews to go do or people to schmooze.

I'm pretty anti-committal with my PAX hours though. After so many years of going to the same place, it's kinda staggering to think of how many people you know at these events that you only get to see once or twice a year. Like always I'm just gonna ride the wave and see who I bump into.
  • Tabletop pony shift. This should be easy. PAX all day, enforce a few hours at night.
  • You will do a great job at telling people to pack up their games and GTFO at 11:30PM.
  • Matt said:

You will do a great job at telling people to pack up their games and GTFO at 11:30PM.

Looking forward to it.

• Apparently my shift is just going to be listening to concerts in Main events.
  • edited April 2014
    Oh mans. Cookie Brigade is upping the variety of confections:

https://twitter.com/cookie_brigade

Today's #PAXEast2014 #cookiebrigade baking achievement: "Scotch eggs" - Cadbury mini cream eggs and Rice Krispies! pic.twitter.com/NRpxIWaPfR

— Pam (@cavecibum) April 7, 2014

Cookies Are Coming! #GameOfThrones #PAXEast2014 #cookiebrigade pic.twitter.com/40l7zoflnG

— Pam (@cavecibum) April 6, 2014
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • It's not too late to book a flight, Ro.
  • Heh. As much as I'd like to make an impromptu PAX trip, the monies have gone to the diabetic cat. :(

Also, I need a weekend to not have any plans and veg the fuck out and get my knit on.
  • Burning Wheel shared this map of tabletop. Note that it's dated 26 March, so contents may have shifted.

I will be running games off and on at Games on Demand, which is conveniently near TTT but not part of it.
  • yeah he probably wasn't supposed to share that (the only place I'd seen it previously was the Enforcer boards) but personally I do think it is RIDICULOUS that they can't finish a map of the Tabletop area in time to put it in the Guidebook and the program. This absolutely SHOULD be out to the public, and people should be able to see what vendors are coming to the TT area.
  • Welp, I've had shit happen, and can't make it to East this year. It looks like it's going to be another year before I can PAX again.
  • I'm Deputy for the Live Streaming Team. Where I'm going, we don't have schedules.
  • Rym said:

I'm Deputy for the Live Streaming Team. Where I'm going, we don't have schedules.

Ditto, but for PC Freeplay. That being said, I'll mostly be working in the evenings on Friday and Sunday, and the morning on Saturday.
  • Any Thursday evening plans? I'm wondering if it's worth heading over.
  • okeefe said:

Any Thursday evening plans? I'm wondering if it's worth heading over.

Get to hotel. Get badges and [E]nforcer shirts. Eat a good dinner. Sleep.
  • Apreche said:

okeefe said:

Get to hotel. Get badges and [E]nforcer shirts. Eat a good dinner. Sleep.
    No Thursday night pre-PAX gaming? Such sadness.
  • okeefe said:

What Scott said, but I'm undecided on dinner. Open to options on a nice dinner though, FRC knew where the good places in Seattle were. Possible tabletopping.
  • Legal Test Kitchen, that Mexican place with all the tequila on other side of big bridge, and..

Wow. I forgot most of everything around there. Well there is that really good greek place on the other end of the city next to the Hynes.
  • Rochelle said:

Legal Test Kitchen, that Mexican place with all the tequila on other side of big bridge, and..

Wow. I forgot most of everything around there. Well there is that really good greek place on the other end of the city next to the Hynes.

Everything good is near the Hynes.