This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX EAST 2015

Comments

• Coldguy said:

Wow...I actually never got that email and I applied the day of...this doesn't bode well.

To the United system or to the roll call?

• Rym said:

Coldguy said:

Wow...I actually never got that email and I applied the day of...this doesn't bode well.

Roll call
  • Coldguy said:

Rym said:

Coldguy said:

Roll call
    There's another system you have to sign up for now. Check the forum.

• That United system blows hard.
  • Enter the Gungeon looked very good from seeing the footage play at the Twitch booth at PAX South.

Just Shapes and Beats was my favorite game from PAX South. Looking forward to playing it again.

I really want to know when Nuclear Throne will be out of early access. Had a frustrating convo at the Vlambeer booth at South about this: "it's out already" - "but when will it be done?" - "it's done!" - " But it's in early access?" - "we keep adding and changing stuff weekly, but it's done, just buy it!" Time is more precious than money for me right now. I want to know when I should give it the few hours I plan to spend on it.
  • Just Shapes and Beats the last two PAXes. Why not a third?
  • Everyone should try and checkout the Crescent Bay demos at the Oculus booth this year!
  • [E] schedule is up. Main Theater, morning shift. Maybe time to relive years spent as stage crew in school.
  • edited February 2015
    Tabletop night shift again, as expected. It's midnight, so GTFO.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Not sure what my shift will be yet. If I have the choice, I'll go night
  • Rym said:

Not sure what my shift will be yet. If I have the choice, I'll go night

Since you'll be in PC, that's right next to tabletop now. We can make stuff happen.

• I'm in the Take This lounge, middle shift.
  • Table Top night shift for me as well.
  • I likely have two 3-day badges that I can provide at face value if anyone needs them.
  • Rym said:

I likely have two 3-day badges that I can provide at face value if anyone needs them.

Do you have matching hotel accommodations to go with them?
  • Hahaha, have fun in Boston with all that snow, suckers. ;)
  • Nuri said:

Hahaha, have fun in Boston with all that snow, suckers. ;)

Hahahaha, not driving a car. No problem for me.
  • Apreche said:

Nuri said:

You're riding in a car. It's a car vs train fight.
  • Rym said:

Apreche said:

Nuri said:

You're riding in a car. It's a car vs train fight.
    A bus is not a car.
  • Apreche said:

Nuri said:

There are enough jerks who didn't shovel properly that it make affect pedestrian traffic. It will make busy sidewalks much narrower.
  • Apreche said:

Nuri said:

There are enough jerks who didn't shovel properly that it make affect pedestrian traffic. It will make busy sidewalks much narrower.
    Yeah, all that snow inside the convention center is going to be a huge pain.
  • Snow in NJ/NYC area keeps looking worse: the forecast has been upped, and there could be 8" on the ground when you wake up on Thursday.
  • So far the snow seems to cause trouble for mostly for people driving, biking, taking public transportation, or walking. (The commuter rail has been especially screwed.) So if you can avoid those you're good. People staying at the Westin should be very happy.

Seriously though the situation has improved a lot. And we're just expecting a couple small storms between now and PAX so conditions probably won't change that much.
  • I'm not worried about Boston at all (and I am in the Westin, which helps). I'm more concerned about dealing with snow while trying to get to Boston, so I just changed my train to a red eye. Will leave while it's still raining and sleep on the train.
  • My flight lands at noon on Thursday - my worst case scenario is that it takes a bit longer to get to the hotel.

If you'll be there early, we can game and grab food.
  • Have fun without me, if things go well with the vendor wish list I will be at anime boston instead.
  • Rym said:

I likely have two 3-day badges that I can provide at face value if anyone needs them.

I, too, have two extra 3-day badges. Bring your friends, I don't need these!
  • If I could get a room on site I would take a pair of badges off your hands.