This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX EAST 2015

Comments

• I think after this year I'm not bothering trying to get badges for people anymore. You're all on your own. ;^)
  • HMTKSteve said:

If I could get a room on site I would take a pair of badges off your hands.

I can't help with the room, but badges I can do. Let me know if you get something last-minute :P
  • jtvh said:

(The commuter rail has been especially screwed.) So if you can avoid those you're good.

Sucks for me. I couldn't afford a room this year.
  • pence said:

My flight lands at noon on Thursday - my worst case scenario is that it takes a bit longer to get to the hotel.

If you'll be there early, we can game and grab food.

I'll be in TT doing setup until whenever. Down for whatever after that.
    Rym said:

I think after this year I'm not bothering trying to get badges for people anymore. You're all on your own. ;^)

The usual friends and friends-of-friends that leech badges and transportation off of me all dropped out this year. One came in handy, helping out a game designer friend who decided to come at the last minute because he'll be running a Kickstarter. The rest of the badges I wound up having to pawn off on randos.

• Matt said:

I'm not worried about Boston at all (and I am in the Westin, which helps). I'm more concerned about dealing with snow while trying to get to Boston, so I just changed my train to a red eye. Will leave while it's still raining and sleep on the train.

Don't worry unless you have to drive through Connecticut. Massachusetts believes in plowing. CT, not so much.

• I was thinking more "the tracks are iced up so we are going to stop the train for 4 hours and not tell anyone anything." At least if that happens now I'll just keep sleeping or watch more House of Cards.
  • I'll take on the responsibility of bringing Pandante and poker chips. I'll also take requests for tabletop games...
  • pence said:

I'll take on the responsibility of bringing Pandante and poker chips.

This is literally a weight off my back! I don't mind bringing poker chips, but I just don't have any place to store them at PAX.

I'm up for gaming and dinner on Thursday.
  • I'm deciding what to bring this evening.
  • I want to take X-COM, but it's too big. Probably just netrunner.
  • I keep seeing a lot of FB posts from friends looking to get rid of 3 day passes. My guess is that they are all people who didn't get hotels close by.
  • Really wish I could just grab a badge and go, butttt I got responsibilities :-p
  • Cremlian said:

Really wish I could just grab a badge and go, butttt I got responsibilities :-p

• XCOM might be reboxable, the board is the only big part.

I will likely bring Navegador and Roll for the Galaxy - I also managed to fit Tzolk'in in the same box as Navegador.
  • pence said:

XCOM might be reboxable, the board is the only big part.

I will likely bring Navegador and Roll for the Galaxy - I also managed to fit Tzolk'in in the same box as Navegador.

Yeah, it's very reboxable, but I don't have time for that now.
  • I reboxed Splendor and X-Wing. That is all I will be bringing.

I still have yet to play any Pandante. That will be fixed this PAX.
  • edited March 2015
    Lots of flights getting cancelled.

JetBlue still hasn't cancelled my flight. We'll see how that goes.

Edit: new flight is 6:15PM. It begins.
    Post edited by pence on
  • 2015... The PAX that wasn't?
  • I'm bringing:

1. Wizard decks (probably two)
    2. Hansa Teutonica (quick to teach, known by many of us, known to be good and relatively quick)
    3. Modern Art (small, quick to teach, quick, fun)

I'd like to bring Zendo, but I can only do that if Scott will agree to bring it home with him. I can't lug that to London.
  • Andrew, that's a really smart idea (especially partnering with Guidebook).
  • Thanks. I snagged a 10:30AM on Friday. I'm surprised they didn't fill up early. Looks like it has been up for over a day.
  • Rym said:

2. Hansa Teutonica (quick to teach, known by many of us, known to be good and relatively quick)

Someday we may even play the East expansion ;P
  • Hansa Teutonica aka Scott bitching about going last for two hours.
  • pence said:

Rym said:

Someday we may even play the East expansion ;P
    I have it in the box. We'll play it.

• Andrew said:

Hansa Teutonica aka Scott bitching about going last for two hours.

That's what happens when he signs up for some chickenshit outfit and then displays exemplary nominative determinism.

• Can anyone procure for me some of the free League of Legends codes?
  • One of my roommates this year actually works for Riot and has promised us some swag so I'll see what I can get.
  • Jordan O. said:

One of my roommates this year actually works for Riot and has promised us some swag so I'll see what I can get.

My child would be thankful beyond words.