This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Ikatono said:

I somehow ended up at this site, which itself is crazy but not ToYD worthy. If you scroll down to comment #6 (currently) by Gubbler Chechenova, it's one of the craziest things I've ever seen on the internet. The length, the random YouTube videos, the consistent use of "pooter", it's something else. I legitimately can't tell if it's a troll and I'm not actually sure that would be better.

Yeah that whole thing is a, well I wanna say clusterfuck but that's probably not appropriate considering the content. For the comment itself, I get the feeling its a troll but there are people that believe things like that but usually not using the word "pooter." I think its normally more of a fetish or fantasy than anything else. The way its written as some faux-social justice rant sets off some alarm bells.

• A pretty interesting article from the API about how US politics is responding to media scrutiny and fact-checking.
  • Last time I posted some photos of my truck being picked up in Europe, well, now I have it in the USA, here it is.

Importing the truck wasn't to bad, it just took a long time for the ship to reach the west coast. It also unexpectedly stopped outside of LA for 5 days which really threw off the schedule. Thankfully when I was finally able to get it, all it needed was a jump and it fired up right away!

Here it is at it's first gas station in the USA.

There is a fair amount of surface rust, which is very light. There is also a lot of red oxide primer visible in the pictures, something I at first confused for rust.

The roll bars are designed to fold and the windshield folds down in order for the missiles launcher to work (or earlier versions had a 90mm rifle)

I'm taking all the parts off that I can in order to sand, prime and paint them as well as the truck

I took the truck on a short jaunt up to a field with some deep ruts left over from people mudding when it was wet. The truck kicks ass, it automatically locks the 4x4 when in low, or you can shift it with a push button. It also has diff lockers, which I tested as well. In 4x4 it just pulls and pulls and pulls.
  • Normally I'm not impressed with "Greatest trolls on the internet" claims, but Ken M truly is a trolling genius. Had me in stitches.

http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/24-pics-prove-ken-m-greatest-troll-internet
  • ThatGent said:

I'm in love with these, thanks for sharing. pahaha

• Is there a disproportionate percentage of Asians in New York? They're all Asian except for the Middle Eastern creeper and one black guy.
  • Is there a disproportionate percentage of Asians in New York? They're all Asian except for the Middle Eastern creeper and one black guy.

It's probably the case that those people are the friends of whoever made the film.
  • If guns sounded like this war would end in a second and the NRA would go bust. I mean you can't be cool if your gun squeaks can you.
  • Amp said:

If guns sounded like this war would end in a second and the NRA would go bust. I mean you can't be cool if your gun squeaks can you.

Drill Sergeants will question your masculinity even when you're holding a 249 (make you shout "I'm a pretty princess!" as you fire in bursts). I honestly doubt changing the sound of a gun would turn anyone off to them.
  • Can't stop watching this.

• edited October 2015
    I love perfect loop vines.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Amp said:

If guns sounded like this war would end in a second and the NRA would go bust. I mean you can't be cool if your gun squeaks can you.

I would legitimately buy a suppressor that made guns sound like that. Actually, some .22 suppressors are practically silent, so if you could get something like the internals of a squeak toy on the end...

Also, if guns actually did sound like this I could see unintended consequences like police being called for hearing baby or dog toys being played with.
  • No, no. See, the baby and dog toys would sound like guns.
  • "There was an officer-involved shooting at the mall today after a three-year old discharged a rubber ducky near an officer..."
  • Australia finally has a reality show about what's truly important to Australians. Not bullshit house renos, or conspicuously pretty people trying to figure out which other conspicuously pretty people they want to become famous with.

No, it's about Kebabs.

• No, no. See, the baby and dog toys would sound like guns.

I mean that is the only logical answer to it really.

They looked American to me.
    Americans labelling each other is so weird and simultaneously fucked up.
    Churba said:

Australia finally has a reality show about what's truly important to Australians. Not bullshit house renos, or conspicuously pretty people trying to figure out which other conspicuously pretty people they want to become famous with.

No, it's about Kebabs.

This should be really interesting based on all my Kebab shop visit experience.
  • sK0pe said:

This should be really interesting based on all my Kebab shop visit experience.

Judging by that trailer, there's a lot of drunk people, and people acting like knobs, so they've got that part accurate at least.
  • edited October 2015
  • I just really like this frag video.