This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX South 2016

Comments

• Three-Day badges just sold out.
  • Here's hoping we get some panels then. For once, I didn't buy any badges.

I mean, PAX has never even once not given us a slot or three. And our stuff is always popular. But I still can't just assume... ;^)
  • Guess it was good that I slapped down some placeholder reservations. Turns out I will be back at PAX South this year.
  • edited November 2015
    Since I'm not going to AAAI'16 now, I'm probably not going to PAX South either. :(

I guess that means the badge I paid for will simply be lost in the ether.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Since I'm not going to AAAI'16 now, I'm probably not going to PAX South either. :(

I guess that means the badge I paid for will simply be lost in the ether.

Dude, sell it. You can at least make your money back.
  • I ordered it for international pickup, though, so I'm not sure how that would work.
  • I ordered it for international pickup, though, so I'm not sure how that would work.

Hm. I'm not sure how international pickup works, so no advice there.

You might be doomed, but it can't hurt to email them that you can't make the trip and ask for a refund.
  • More than likely shit out of luck. The policy is no refunds on international. My wife thought it would be sweet to surprise me with tickets to the first PAX AUS. She didn't realize how expensive and long flights were (I knew there was 0% chance of attending). I wrote in asking for a refund anyway, and reached out to Heels, who said it wouldn't be a problem and he'd hook me up. Never heard another word, never saw a cent. Didn't press the issue.
  • No worries.

I don't regret the purchase, I still think it was the correct decision given that I had a solid chance of going at the time.

That being said, if I had known that Fri/Sat/Sun passes would still be available at this point in time I would have held off on it.
  • Will they let you delegate someone to pick up for you so they could sell them?
  • Is not possible to just change the delivery and have the passes mailed to you directly?
  • Is not possible to just change the delivery and have the passes mailed to you directly?

Unless it changed, international badges are will-call only.
  • edited December 2015
    It looks like Games on Demand is happening for PAX South. This reminds me that I should book my flights.
    Post edited by okeefe on
  • We're getting there by early afternoon Thursday. Let's pregame.

I'm flying out Sunday right after our second panel for the ski trip.
  • One of my reasons for attending BGG.CON was by request of PAX Tabletop to act as outreach to some publishers who don't have PAX on their radar. Could have as many as 10 new big players join the PAX scene, and some as early as this coming South.
  • Matt said:

One of my reasons for attending BGG.CON was by request of PAX Tabletop to act as outreach to some publishers who don't have PAX on their radar. Could have as many as 10 new big players join the PAX scene, and some as early as this coming South.

w00t
  • I arrive at noon on Thursday. After I take care of some setup stuff and hotel stuff, I should be around.
  • Two months!
  • I am getting mixed answers on this but anyone know if they panels have been choosen yet?
  • Coldguy said:

I am getting mixed answers on this but anyone know if they panels have been choosen yet?

We got emails about that very recently. They could still be working on it.
  • We are doing two panels. Tentative schedule is one Saturday and one Sunday.
  • RymRym
    edited December 2015
    Generally, they make a schedule, then email everyone who's on that schedule to confirm. I assume there is a second round of replacement or filling in holes based on those confirmations or lack thereof.

I had to confirm our attendance before December 4th, which is only in a few days.

Not too long after that, the send a bulk email to everyone who had any panels rejected.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I guess my "Demystifying BoardGameGeek" lecture didn't make the cut. It was a last-minute idea when I saw they extended the call. Silly idea at first, but the more I thought about it and started taking down some notes, it might actually be useful for PAX tabletop audience.
  • I think they are in the second round at this point since I have not heard of anything back on rejection on my Panel. Just going to do the waiting game.
  • This weekend I learned apparently Tresi is running some kind of RPG for us at South? ;]

I want to play some newer board games this con. The Voyages of Marco Polo, Grand Austria Hotel, and Food Chain Magnate would make a good menu. I also want to play more Amun-Re if Rym finds a way to bring it.
  • pence said:

This weekend I learned apparently Tresi is running some kind of RPG for us at South? ;]

I want to play some newer board games this con. The Voyages of Marco Polo, Grand Austria Hotel, and Food Chain Magnate would make a good menu. I also want to play more Amun-Re if Rym finds a way to bring it.

Make a big sacrifice to the gods and things may go your way.
  • That is something that Mendes would say.
  • I am down with the Food Chain Magnate. I can try to bring Mombasa to South.
  • I want to try Mombasa. I missed my chance at an Essen copy, but if you bring it, that's an opportunity to try at PAX before deciding whether I want it. I also want to try 504, but I'm almost certain I have no need for my own copy.