This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• Patriots pulled it out.
  • From now on...

• Giants should have had that one. Their time management was horrible at the end. Throwing so many goal line passes instead of running and eating up more time. Instead we gave Brady nearly two minutes to work with!
  • Patriots pulled it out.

They pulled it out in the final game of the regular season in 2007 as well. Do you remember what happened after that?
  • My hair turned gray during the Patriots game. Brady is the GOAT. 16-0 this year. Lock it in.
  • PyreKing said:

My hair turned gray during the Patriots game. Brady is the GOAT. 16-0 this year. Lock it in.

18-1
  • Apreche said:

PyreKing said:

My hair turned gray during the Patriots game. Brady is the GOAT. 16-0 this year. Lock it in.

18-1
    8 years ago. :P
  • I remember. Their 16-0 regular season was the first time I really paid attention to the NFL in a meaningful way. Now I always keep my eye on the winning streaks at the start of the season, no matter the team, and in that way this year had a bumper crop of lossless teams. 9 weeks and there are still 3 left!
  • It looks like I picked a good year to get on the Bengals train!
  • THANK YOU BASED RODGERS

• This video won't be taken down.
  • If Peyton is done, could he become the OC of the NYG?
  • Right then. Panthers vs Giants. This is probably the last serious challenge in the Panthers 16-0 regular season run.

Side A. Panthers last week were utterly dominant, and have scraped through against their previous serious opposition. The whole team is solid, the defense somehow just keeps working, and Cam Newton has a lot of options.

Side B. I watched Monday Night Football with the Giants vs Dolphins. Eli Manning and Odell Beckham looked the only two players on the team. They were incredible, but they were only on the field half the time.

This is a coin-flip prediction situation for me. I think Panthers will get the win, but it'll be close, and they'll be relying on a deficient Giants defense to do it. Should be a good one though!
  • The Giants are not a serious challenge. They're awful. Our entire division is awful. Panthers will see a challenge in the playoffs.
  • Okay, the most serious of the non-serious opposition of the regular season. Still, I think it will be a one possession victory either way, not a blowout.
  • I want at least one part of history to repeat itself: The Giants defeating an undefeated team. The part about the Super Bowl, I don't want that happening.
  • how about that Browns @ Seakhawks game =)
  • Once again. G-Men fans know the G-Men best. Anyone who said they had a chance today: We told you so.

We beat the Patriots in the big dance twice. Both of those times we had a key ingredient that made us look like world beaters. That ingredient was defense. It's been absent for quite a few years, if you haven't noticed. Sure, OBJ can catch a couple TDs, but that's not enough to actually win a game. We need to prevent the other team from scoring, and also have more than one offensive option. At least Washington will take the NFCE, and not the other two piece of shit teams.
  • Fine. I watched a bit of the match tonight, and even the offense isn't impressing as they were on Monday. You know best. I thought it would be a much more even contest.
  • Did you guys turn the game off?
  • Matt said:

Did you guys turn the game off?

Shhhhhh
  • Aha! Yeah. I watched the second quarter, then ate dinner and watched other TV. I'm happy to have called it... but what the hell happened in that second half?!?!?
  • Aha! Yeah. I watched the second quarter, then ate dinner and watched other TV. I'm happy to have called it... but what the hell happened in that second half?!?!?

Typical New York Giants football.
  • That was a fun series of highlights clips. A blocked field goal, a fumble, other craziness, then winning on a last second field goal. Well, you can't blame me for sitting out the second half based on the second quarter.

Tune in next week for another surprisingly accurate prediction from Luke.
  • I wanted the Giants to win so that the Panthers couldn't go 16-0. I think the perfect season is theirs, but they lose to Arizona or Seattle in the playoffs.
  • If I was coaching Vikings tonight, I'd tell the to lose to make sure they don't play Seattle in the wildcard game.
  • Bring on the Seachickens.
  • But Luke, what if you were coaching the Packers?
  • I would have tried to have lost too, and hopefully match up with the Vikings again in the next match. But, I guess the division title is more important than not losing to the Seahawks.