This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• I'll pick if it's free.
  • Yeah, it's free. Someone create a group. I can't. Work browser = poop.
  • haha, I've joined just to pick randomly and win.... .(well I did pick the Eagles each time just because I'd get knifed if I didn't)
  • Your failure to make clever names has disappointed me. That is the most important part.
  • edited September 2015
    I made one for the forums so people can easily search for it. Make up your own clever name. Perhaps I might be able to edit it or whatever.

Examples:
    Football is better than Hockey
    Scott Sucks
    You Don't Win Friends With Salad
    Gotta Pick 'Em All
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I'm bad with creating names. I'd glad steal a better one from someone. :P
  • PyreKing said:

I'm bad with creating names. I'd glad steal a better one from someone. :P

For fantasy sports teams and such the usual method is to take two names, one sports and one not sports. The last name of one should be the first name of the other.

For example:

Anderson Cooper Manning

John Wayne Gretzky

Tom Brady Bunch
  • Apreche said:

PyreKing said:

For fantasy sports teams and such the usual method is to take two names, one sports and one not sports. The last name of one should be the first name of the other.

For example:

Anderson Cooper Manning

John Wayne Gretzky

Tom Brady Bunch
    I'll go with Ty Law & Order.
  • PyreKing said:

Apreche said:

PyreKing said:

For example:

Anderson Cooper Manning

John Wayne Gretzky

Tom Brady Bunch
    I'll go with Ty Law & Order.
    Works every time.
  • Touchdownton Abbey and Brady Gaga were two good ones from my fantasy league last year.
  • http://nesn.com/2015/09/ben-roethlisberger-upset-at-patriots-for-violating-unwritten-rule/

People always be hating the Patriots because they win, but yet again they do something to make me respect them even more. They aren't cheating. They are playing to win the game. Do everything you can within the rules to get the trophy. If you other teams think it's such a good strategy, how come you aren't also doing it? You are either uncapable or unwilling to do what it takes to win. Stop whining and take your loss.
  • One of my favorite ways to get some sweet, sweet schadenfreude is to search the hashtag ‪#‎cheatriots‬ during football season.
  • edited September 2015
    Yeah, that shit is getting old. Just stop. Seeing other Seahawks fans on my Twitter feed with that noise is just annoying.

However, that being said, I still hate the Patriots.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Also, if the center and QB were alert, they could have snapped the ball while the D-line was shifting, and then the o-line should smash into them in that moment while they are shifting, and then BOOM.

Catch them once, and they won't try a second time.
  • The Patriots are my favorite team.

I don't root for them to win: they're not a team I support.

But they're my favorite.
  • Well Scott, they do cheat.

They also seem to be the only team that really plays to win the game.
  • Starfox said:

Well Scott, they do cheat.

They also seem to be the only team that really plays to win the game.

In Fury of Dracula there is a cheating rule. If Dracula cheats, then X happens and the game continues.

In NFL football there are similar rules. If you tamper with the footballs you pay a fine. If you do this, you get suspended X games. If you do that you lose X draft picks. If you believe that doing something will give you a competitive advantage, and you want to win, and the only penalty is paying a fine, why wouldn't you pay?

Fines as penalties are functionally no different than pay2win mechanics in video games. But even better, you only have to pay if you get caught! Patriots are the only team that seems to realize this.

If the NFL wants to stop them, they have to have a real penalty. Vacated wins. You cheated? Then you LOSE THE GAME. Until that penalty exists, just keep on keepin' on.
  • Frankly, I want more trick plays and weird shenanigans in football. The best part of any game is when something crazy happens.

1. Onside kick
    2. Fat guy gets the ball and starts running
    3. Trick play
    4. Rando fumble > turnaround
  • Oh yeah, I'm totally on board. Receiver burns you deep? Better interfere the shit out of him, it's better than a TD.

They just need to sufficiently disincentivize things like "disguising your guys to secretly film" and "steal play sheets" so nobody risks it ever.
  • Starfox said:

Oh yeah, I'm totally on board. Receiver burns you deep? Better interfere the shit out of him, it's better than a TD.

They just need to sufficiently disincentivize things like "disguising your guys to secretly film" and "steal play sheets" so nobody risks it ever.

As I said. The penalty should be disqualification and game loss. Any other penalty, and they'll just keep doing it because they still win.
  • Rym said:

Frankly, I want more trick plays and weird shenanigans in football. The best part of any game is when something crazy happens.

1. Onside kick
    3. Trick play

I've seen this many times with the Seahawks. This may happen this Sunday vs. the Rams. They always seems to do something tricky when the Seahawks go to St. Louis.

I do enjoy trick plays as well. NFC Championships had some of those going on.

This is my current iPad background, because bless Jon Ryan. He's so amusing on Twitter & love how he sticks up for punters/kickers/special teams.
    Bless that play.
  • Rym said:

Frankly, I want more trick plays and weird shenanigans in football. The best part of any game is when something crazy happens.

1. Onside kick
    3. Trick play

1 and 2 only happen if a team is way behind and needs to take a huge risk to win.

2 and 4 only happen if someone fucks uuuuup.

If you want to see more of these things watch college football and/or shitty teams. You won't see it when good teams play.
  • Woohoo! I'm second to last on standings.
  • Damned Monday night games. I'm still in first but 3 misses is way better than 5.
  • I went 10-6 this week. All of the games that I missed were relatively close.

Also: lol Giants.
  • Always pick Super Manning Bros.

• Fuck you, "I broke the rules", you broke the rules. roos roos