This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• People make a big deal of the G-Men doing this, but I've seen it a few hundred times. Used to it.
  • edited September 2015
    The Patriots almost blew a 23 point lead against the Bills. I never want to see that happen again.
    Post edited by PyreKing on
  • And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Aaron Rodgers is the best in the business.
  • Dromaro said:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Aaron Rodgers is the best in the business.

No need to double check.
  • I never thought I'd say this but....

I love you right now, Richard Sherman.
  • Here's hoping everyone else fucked up as badly as me at this picking game. Raiders over Ravens, seriously?

Any given fuckin' Sunday.
  • Apreche said:

Here's hoping everyone else fucked up as badly as me at this picking game. Raiders over Ravens, seriously?

I got that one right raiders looming good this season.
  • My girlfriends parents were in town and I spaced on getting my picks in. You're all welcome.

And it's no revenge but it's a small bit of the world setting everything right...
  • Whew. Best week 2 win I can remember.
  • Apreche said:

Here's hoping everyone else fucked up as badly as me at this picking game. Raiders over Ravens, seriously?

You're not alone. I got 11 games wrong, yesterday.
  • We have to play tonight?

• I liked the stat a couple years ago where Nick Foles would have had to throw like 25 interceptions in a row to bring his passer rating down to Eli's.
  • Much better this week. I think I'm only getting three wrong.
  • So far 3 wrong. Pretty good chance it will still be three, unless Kansas City pulls something out their ass.

Stupid Ravens, Jets, and Chargers.
  • Bengals still undefeated. It's gonna be the Year of the Tiger!
  • I also really enjoyed watching NFL RedZone for the 49ers/Cardinals game seeing Kaep throw 2 pick 6's his first series. It was pure gold. At first, I thought the 2nd one they announced was just replaying of the first. Nope. It wasn't.

B'wahahahahaha. XD I almost feel bad for 49ers fans. Almost.
  • Florida State had a touch down. Normally the best play is by the quarterback or the receiving player. But in this one a blocker threw himself at the feet of two opponents' feet and wiped them both out. I'm not sure why that wasn't the focus of the play, because it's one of the best moments of football I've seen so far this year.
  • Florida State had a touch down. Normally the best play is by the quarterback or the receiving player. But in this one a blocker threw himself at the feet of two opponents' feet and wiped them both out. I'm not sure why that wasn't the focus of the play, because it's one of the best moments of football I've seen so far this year.

This is called Cut Blocking. It's not really used in professional level play, but college ball sees it a lot. My college team especially relies on the cut block because of it's extensive use of the triple option offense.
  • I'm not sure why that wasn't the focus of the play, because it's one of the best moments of football I've seen so far this year.

I fear we're not the target demographic. Relatively few people are interested in actually breaking down coverages and blocking schemes. So you get vanilla announcers who don't offend anybody, but don't offer much insight either.
  • Andrew said:

Florida State had a touch down. Normally the best play is by the quarterback or the receiving player. But in this one a blocker threw himself at the feet of two opponents' feet and wiped them both out. I'm not sure why that wasn't the focus of the play, because it's one of the best moments of football I've seen so far this year.

This is called Cut Blocking. It's not really used in professional level play, but college ball sees it a lot. My college team especially relies on the cut block because of it's extensive use of the triple option offense.
    I've seen it done before, but I don't recall it ever knocking out two defensive players so beautifully.
  • The G MEN
  • Everyone better get on the Tiger Train before it leaves the station, because the Bengals are still undefeated!

(I'm celebrating now because I probably won't be able to say that next week after they play Seattle.)
  • Dolphins are imploding. My condolences to Matt Morgan.

MNF. Oh man, this city is pumped.
  • Rochelle said:

Dolphins are imploding. My condolences to Matt Morgan.

MNF. Oh man, this city is pumped.

For an easy win?
  • My second team is the Dolphins. I'm in pain, too. Man, they need to fire all those coaches and put all the players except Landry on notice. Landry is the ONLY one playing like he wants to be in the NFL. Everyone else looks like they are just going through the motions.

They all seem to be a mirror of Philbin. Flat, energetic, and boring. I say get the biggest ra-ra-sis-boom-bah coach they can in there. Light a fire under these clowns! How the hell do you take a step back on D-Line pressure and sacks after adding the best D-Lineman in the game?! F'eh and double f'eh!
  • You say that. I don't discount anyone. Our Offensive Line is so vulnerable.

But MNF is always clutch time for the Seahawks. What's not to love or be excited about a home game on prime time?
  • Truly the Seahawks are smiled upon by the football gods. Every season for the last four the zebras seem to hand them a game.