This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Comments

• Apreche said:

Yes, Hearthstone does a very bad job of explaining its rules.

But at least you never have to argue how to apply the rules with another player. Computer just handles it.
  • Apreche said:

Yes, Hearthstone does a very bad job of explaining its rules.

But at least you never have to argue how to apply the rules with another player. Computer just handles it.
    And then you lose because you have no idea what just happened.

For example, I just played in this weeks brawl against someone who thought they were o-so clever. Warlock vs. Warlock. I'm rocking my Kel'Thuzad and getting ready to win. They kill off as many minions as they could. Then played Sylvanas with a Power Overwhelming to try to steal old Kel'Thuzad. Too bad! Kel'Thuzad's ability happens first. Enjoy your really bad odds and crappy minion.
  • Funny enough, I'm running a modified Handlock for Tavern Brawl to great success. Added Mind Control Techs and Lil' Exorcists to fight the deathrattles. You get so much value from 5 drops like Antique Healbot and Sludge Belcher.
  • Anyone get anything good in their Tournament packs?

I got thingy Darkbane and whatshername Lightbane.

I got 2x both the shaman epics which are Charged Hammer and Elemental destruction. I used them to remake my Shadowform Priest deck into a Shaman one!

I got 2x both the shaman epics which are Charged Hammer and Elemental destruction. I used them to remake my Shadowform Priest deck into a Shaman one!

Got a few legends, one gold. Good things come to those who save up their gold.
  • I snagged some nice Pally cards.

My 10th Pack had these cards. Bow before them!

• In the brawl this week my secret Paladin deck is 100% undefeated. As of this posting it is 14-0
  • Aaaaaaaand if you didn't believe in fate or karma I'm now 14-1 to some guy who had some perfect Murloc draw. I probably would have won if he didn't have the coin and I had a zombie to start instead of a secret.
  • Oops. In a moment of weakness I put in far too much money got pretty much all the cards. I'll have enough dust to craft any leftovers over a couple of weeks.
  • Oops. In a moment of weakness I put in far too much money got pretty much all the cards. I'll have enough dust to craft any leftovers over a couple of weeks.

Don't spend money on things that aren't real! Without spending any money and just always doing quests, I have almost every card that matters. Right now the only card I want that I don't have is Mal'Ganis.
  • I'm at 1600 Dust right now. Deciding between Tirion, Antonidas, Vol'Jin, Paletress, Jaraxxus/Mal'Ganis, Trueheart, Saarad...I'm missing a lot of legendaries.

^God, I love these videos.
  • edited October 2015
    Yeah, nerfed into oblivion. Nobody is going to run that card now.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • GreyHuge said:

Yeah, nerfed into oblivion. Nobody is going to run that card now.

Dead deck now. There's so many ways you could have nerfed the deck fairly without completely ruining it, but this really does kill it hard. (And no change to Patron, Frothing Berserker, or Emperor Thaurissan)

Prepare yourself. Secret Paladin, Face Hunter and other pure aggro decks are a lot stronger with Patron gone.
  • That's good, because I am secret paladin!
  • Has anyone checked out League of Explorers? They put more effort into creating the single player campaign this time around and many of the cards have proved to be surprisingly useful. Especially Reno Jackson and Brann Bronzebeard.

Extra note, Discover turned out to be a great mechanic. But part of that might be from the unmentioned fact that class cards are 4 times more likely to come up. (So Shaman, Hunter and Paladin really benefit from say Jeweled Scarab) Dark Peddler is pretty great too.
  • Yeah, I got it. It's alright. The only thing is that none of the challenges are crazy fun and replayable.
  • So this spring we're getting 9 additional deck slots, standard (core+latest expansion/adventure) and wild modes (any card), the classic core cards are being reworked, and you can no longer buy old adventures or expansion packs.

I'm not sure how I feel about all the changes. Yay more deck slots, but I'm concerned about how they're going to rework the core cards.

I was just getting the hang of my dreadsteed deck and now it'll be relegated to wild mode.
  • I didn't hear the part about no longer being able to buy old adventures or packs. That's crazy.

Rotation is the only method, so far, that ever-expanding customizable games have come up with for maintaining a rapidly shifting metagame and opening up the design space. Seeing it in Hearthstone is pretty much expected.

But preventing people from buying old packs that can still be used in wild mode is crazy. It's a digital game. It's not like you have to keep things in print. There is going to be a community of people who play wild mode, and allowing people who got in the door earlier to have an advantage in that mode is not cool.
  • You can still craft the old expansion cards or adventure cards.
  • You can still craft the old expansion cards or adventure cards.

Wow. Crafting only? That's harsh. I don't understand why they wouldn't continue to sell them. It's not M:tG where it costs money to keep old sets in print. It's just leaving free money on the table not to continue to sell every card ever.
  • Apreche said:

You can still craft the old expansion cards or adventure cards.

Wow. Crafting only? That's harsh. I don't understand why they wouldn't continue to sell them. It's not M:tG where it costs money to keep old sets in print. It's just leaving free money on the table not to continue to sell every card ever.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Blizzard has no fucking clue what they're doing, and they're just blindly copying WotC.
  • Neito said:

Apreche said:

You can still craft the old expansion cards or adventure cards.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Blizzard has no fucking clue what they're doing, and they're just blindly copying WotC.
    We have a fucking winner here.
  • Just hit Rank 4 for the first time. I'm playing an aggro Shaman deck which is a lot of fun, more so than any other aggro deck I've tried. Juggling overloads has become second nature to me :-p. The game says I'm in the top 1%. My former high score was rank 8 a few seasons back with my Shadowform Priest deck.
  • While aggro shaman is kinda popular and even dominant right now, I'm more interested in a shadowform priest as that was really never in vogue.
  • Much hype.

• Guess ill start playing again soon.