This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Comments

• I guess I should play Hearthstone again, if only to go through the single player stuff. I probably put 10 hours into it back in the original deck days, but dropped it right as the first expansion was hitting.
  • If you aren't my friend already, it's Apreche#1865

I will play my most random and crazy decks in friendly games that do not count for anything.
  • edited April 2016
    I think we are already BattleNet friends from when the game first came out. I've re-installed it once or twice along the way and played a few quick games. I think building a new deck is likely the mental hurdle for me to get back into playing it more regularly. I workshopped two mage decks back in the day and didn't have the inertia to start making a serious deck for other classes.

Do players generally pick a class or two and convert all of their class-specific cards for the other classes into card crafting currency? Or do you just hold onto everything.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • I meant that for everybody. It seems like there are more people in this thread than on my friend list.
  • edited April 2016
    Matt said:

I think we are already BattleNet friends from when the game first came out. I've re-installed it once or twice along the way and played a few quick games. I think building a new deck is likely the mental hurdle for me to get back into playing it more regularly. I workshopped two mage decks back in the day and didn't have the inertia to start making a serious deck for other classes.

Do players generally pick a class or two and convert all of their class-specific cards for the other classes into card crafting currency? Or do you just hold onto everything.

I hold onto everything since I have a lot of cards from playing so long. I'm not missing many of the important and powerful cards. If I go to Hearthpwn and get some deck lists, I'm rarely missing more than 1 or two cards for any of the top decks.

Don't dust cards you don't have extra copies of. You are just throwing away money and time.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I ended up picking up Blackrock adventure. I didn't realize that Naxx was going away so I should have bought at least the first part to it so I could possibly grab the others. But I guess it doesn't matter much.
  • MATATAT said:

I ended up picking up Blackrock adventure. I didn't realize that Naxx was going away so I should have bought at least the first part to it so I could possibly grab the others. But I guess it doesn't matter much.

It's going away entirely??? I mean, you can't use the cards from it in Standard, but that's no reason to not allow people to play the single player parts of it for fun, especially if they want to pay money.
  • That's ridiculous, the adventure itself is well worth the couple bucks it costs just for the puzzle element of figuring out novel ways to beat the bosses.
  • Also, since I just added Scott, I'm Naoza#1311. Having friends in this game can't be understated as you can occasionally get a free pack by watching a friend win. Which for me usually means waiting until the weekend so I can bug a friend in person to win a game on his phone, while I watch. Being able to do it then and there is good stuff for keeping your questlog empty and making it so I can leave the game a few days and lose less in missed quests.
  • Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

I ended up picking up Blackrock adventure. I didn't realize that Naxx was going away so I should have bought at least the first part to it so I could possibly grab the others. But I guess it doesn't matter much.

It's going away entirely??? I mean, you can't use the cards from it in Standard, but that's no reason to not allow people to play the single player parts of it for fun, especially if they want to pay money.
    Yeah looks like it. I'm kinda annoyed because I thought they gave away the first wing for it and they claim if you at least purchased the first wing you can purchase the rest even after they make it unavailable for purchase. So if you own part or all of it you can still go back and play it. But any new players cannot buy it. I was thinking about sending them a help ticket and complaining since I thought I had the first wing and would like to play the rest of it probably at some point. They have hinted possibly at bringing it back? But those seem to mostly just be rumor-ish comments.
  • I think it might be because they are trying to emulate the physical CCG. M:tG doesn't print Black Lotus anymore. If they kept it in print, but didn't let anyone use it, that would be kind of messed up. The one time they did reprint old stuff, Chronicles, it was a fiasco.
  • Yeah, it seems like they could at least sell it without the rewards for a lower price. You can still synthesize the cards for it for use in wild mode. But someone ran the numbers and the amount of money you would need to spend to get the dust to create them was much higher than just buying the adventure originally.
  • Apreche said:

I think it might be because they are trying to emulate the physical CCG. M:tG doesn't print Black Lotus anymore. If they kept it in print, but didn't let anyone use it, that would be kind of messed up. The one time they did reprint old stuff, Chronicles, it was a fiasco.

To be fair, they've done better reprint sets since (Modern Masters/MM2015, Eternal Masters this summer, 85% of each Commander deck, and reprints in various side sets such as Conspiracy and other product). That, and a (kinda) healthy secondary market, which Hearthstone completely lacks.
  • Hearthstone should absolutely allow card trading.

The reason they don't is simply that it would cost them money. Playing Mage and want to switch to Rogue? Maybe someone out there wants the reverse. You trade and Blizzard gets nothing. Whereas with the existing system both of you have to buy cards to switch.

Maybe you got (un)lucky with multiple copies of Rangaros. Need some Sylvanas? With trading you could find someone with extras and trade one for one. With dust and without trades your only option is to spend more to get the card you want.
  • In my first set of free packs I got a Golden Nat Pagle, The Darkfisher
  • edited April 2016
    Nukerjsr said:

In my first set of free packs I got a Golden Nat Pagle, The Darkfisher

I got a non-golden Darkfisher. Great card for those mill decks. I know Jared Sorensen loves to play a mill Rogue. I'm sure the Darkfisher has found his way onto that list. I'm afraid to play a mill deck these days. Super luck dependent. Maybe you can kill C'Thun by milling him when the opponent has a full hand. Maybe you just helped them draw C'Thun, and now you will die.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • One thing I hate about Hearthstone mill is that it's pure card advantage to the opponent, meaning that really, only Control decks get really slammed by it through overdrawing.
  • Neito said:

One thing I hate about Hearthstone mill is that it's pure card advantage to the opponent, meaning that really, only Control decks get really slammed by it through overdrawing.

Yeah, if you meet an aggro deck, you better have an alternate plan.
  • edited April 2016
    MATATAT said:

Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

Yeah looks like it. I'm kinda annoyed because I thought they gave away the first wing for it and they claim if you at least purchased the first wing you can purchase the rest even after they make it unavailable for purchase. So if you own part or all of it you can still go back and play it. But any new players cannot buy it. I was thinking about sending them a help ticket and complaining since I thought I had the first wing and would like to play the rest of it probably at some point. They have hinted possibly at bringing it back? But those seem to mostly just be rumor-ish comments.
    Is it already gone, or going away soon?
    Edit: last day was 2 days ago. Guess I'm never going to get to play the Naxx adventure!
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited April 2016
    Well, I talked to customer support about me not having the first adventure wing and they were able to return it to me. I was thinking I could just buy the other wings, which you apparently can, but it looks like they only let you purchase them with gold now.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

Well, I talked to customer support about me not having the first adventure wing and they were able to return it to me. I was thinking I could just buy the other wings, which you apparently can, but it looks like they only let you purchase them with gold now.

Oof, that's rough. Who wants to spend hard earned gold on that? Use money and get the newer adventures instead.
  • Yeah I dunno, 700 a piece is a decent amount of gold. I still might want to give them a go so I might save up a bit to buy them slowly.
  • I'm debating between four legendaries to craft from the set: Vek'lor, Xaril, Yogg, or Fandral Staghelm. It depends on what deck I'd want to craft between C'thun, Rogue, Druid or Mage. Maybe Vek for C'thun because I've seen a decent amount of C'thun amongst a few classes like how Justicar Trueheart really helped Warrior/Priest/Paladin.
  • C'Thun kinda seems like some Yugioh type bullshit. It's not absurdly powerful, but the "Blue Eyes White Dragon"-ness of it.
  • Don't you get Yog for free just for logging in?
  • Neito said:

Don't you get Yog for free just for logging in?

That's C'thun
  • How often does everyone else Disenchant cards? I only really play Shaman and I'm thinking of getting rid of cards from other classes.
  • Wyatt said:

How often does everyone else Disenchant cards? I only really play Shaman and I'm thinking of getting rid of cards from other classes.

I religiously press the blue button to dust extra cards. Sometimes I also dust gold cards if I already have 2x copies. I don't need a golden version, especially if I don't even use the card. I don't consolidate to a single class because I play all of them. Even if I did play just one, is it really worth it to dust a legendary mage card for an epic shaman card? Would you trade a rare M:tG card for an Uncommon?
  • If dusting is the only surefire way to get the card I want. It's worth it.

I can't borrow your card.
    I can't pay someone else or Blizzard to give me that card.
    I have to buy or earn packs and rely on luck to get that one card I want.

A legendary mage card doesn't help me if I don't use it. I rather put the effort into one good deck for ranked.

Arena and Tavern Brawl don't care about what cards I own. I only play casual if I'm trying something out or trying to do a quest.