This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX West 2016

edited November 2015 in Conventions
It's a bit early for this threat, but it appears that PAX Prime has been renamed to PAX West. OH SNAP.

Khoo also referred to it as PAX West in this video in which we learn that they are only marginally better at Mario than the awful Omeganauts.

Post edited by Apreche on

Comments

• Well, it falls in line with the naming scheme of the other PAXs.
  • Heh, are they thinking to moving to a City with a convention center :-p
  • edited November 2015
    Cremlian said:

Heh, are they thinking to moving to a City with a convention center :-p

Post edited by Apreche on
  • Cremlian said:

Heh, are they thinking to moving to a City with a convention center :-p

Like Los Angeles.
  • LA would be a hole. I'd still go, but I would rather it stay in Seattle and stay its current size than get bigger and be in LA.
  • But I liked the supercilious nature of having ours called Prime.
  • Just two more PAX erections until the end times...
  • So this means there will eventually be a PAX north in the near future.
  • Labor Day weekend confirmed. 9/2/2016 - 9/5/2016
  • Ticket sales soon. Keep the eyes open.
  • Apreche said:

Ticket sales soon. Keep the eyes open.

• Guess I'll just be buying a Friday then since I have Bumbershoot tickets. I kinda liked when it was the weekend before. Although I'm probably the only one who thinks that.
  • Was strongly considering making it out there this year, but it directly overlaps with my daughter's first day of first year of elementary school. They have to start a few days earlier on the first year, and there's parent orientation day and stuff. I could just send my wife but it'd be a dick move. Life!

Unless I buy 1 badge and get called for the Omegathon. Then my ass flies out there.

For 2017, though, we're looking at a family trip in late August to see Canada and Alaska. Hit Prime on the way home.
  • Can't go this year, overlaps with DragonCon :(
  • I am strongly considering Dev again, although I don't know if I got as much out of it as I would have liked last year.
  • edited April 2016
    I think I'm gonna skip PAX for PIX this year.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I so want to PAX Dev so hard but my budget is telling me no
  • Coldguy said:

I so want to PAX Dev so hard but my budget is telling me no

I am also interesting in going to PAX Dev this year, but I'm just not sure what I would get out of it. Yes, I'm in the industry, but I don't actually work on games directly, so would I get any information that I can apply to what I do? Maybe I'm not fully clear on everything that actually goes on there, but I would like to know that my money and time is well invested.
  • Look at past panel schedules. That's literally what happens there.
  • They announced it on Twitter. Seems strange they're selling South before Prime.
  • South will actually take time to sell out. Prime sells out in hours.
  • I went to the website which still had last years South page up and Fri/Sun single day never even sold out
  • A lot of people go to East who can't afford to travel far, but still want to go to a PAX. East has millions and millions of people within a day's drive. If there were a magic infinite convention center, I'd bet hundreds of thousands would attend.

Prime has the international appeal, and since it was the first one (and is still hands down the best one), it attracts people not only locally, but from around the world and the entire US. Money people who can afford to fly.

South isn't near anything, and the people who can afford to travel far are better off going to Prime. So all you get at South are diehards like us and locals.
  • I miss that restaurant in San Antonio at post PAX. Working all the OT.
  • Did PAX South sell out last year?
  • It did not completely sell out before the con as far as I recall.
  • Rym said:

It did not completely sell out before the con as far as I recall.

Pretty sure they sold badges at the door for at least some of the days.
  • It's not May 17th. My concern is minimal.