This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX West 2016

14567810»

Comments

• Eryn said:

Unfortunately have to cancel going to PAX at the very last minute due to an unforeseen financial emergency. :'( Have extra fun for me while you guys are there!

D:
    I wanted someone to talk with about Waifu Simulator: rhythm game edition!

But in other news, one day of work left before PAX! I'm basically checked out already.
  • I could use another hoodie possibly, but they seem to be gone within the first day or two usually.
  • Here is a list our games.
    As of right now, I am planning on bringing:
    Among the Stars, Between Two Cities, Agility, Sushi Go Party!, Camel Up, Nevermore, Mottainai, Tokaido, Takenoko, and a few others TBD, as well as my game, Magic Maze Mayhem.

Let us know ASAP if there is anything on the list that you want us to bring.
  • I am not at the PAX.
  • I have food poisoning at pax. This sucks.
  • My game of the convention this year was Sausage Sports Club. I've been calling it sausage party because I forgot the name. But it's a darn fun party game.
  • Just played Mario 3 for ten minutes on emulator using a real NES gamepad with USB adapter. No practice. I was a bit rusty. I still managed to

1) never die
    2) beat world 1
    3) get the white mushroom house by getting all the coins in the 1-4 autoscroller

All Omeganauts kiss my feet.
  • Right, I have to do that. As soon as I get home from SLC. No practice: cold run.
  • Apreche said:

3) get the white mushroom house by getting all the coins in the 1-4 autoscroller

You must have practiced this a lot as a kid. I remember it being kind of hard to pull off.
  • okeefe said:

Apreche said:

You must have practiced this a lot as a kid. I remember it being kind of hard to pull off.
    That is absolutely correct. My strategy for beating the game absolutely depended on getting that extra P-Wing from the white mushroom house. I reset the game if I didn't get it, but that was pretty rare.

I also get the card flipping game every time, including this most recent time. However, in my youth I memorized all the boards and could get every item after seeing just a few cards. I didn't get even one item this time.

I used to almost always get the coin ship (50%), but it wasn't ever necessary. Just crazy cool. I didn't reset if I missed it. Didn't get it this time. I'll work on that.

Also, I never knew how to get any white mushroom house other than the first two. The second one is really hard because you have to use the p-block and ride a floating block and jump for those last few coins before they turn back to bricks. Miss just one, and it's over. I don't think the item it gives you is worth it. I think it was a cloud or an anchor or something else useless.
  • Apreche said:

My strategy for beating the game absolutely depended on getting that extra P-Wing from the white mushroom house.

For the airship level in world 8?
  • okeefe said:

Apreche said:

My strategy for beating the game absolutely depended on getting that extra P-Wing from the white mushroom house.

For the airship level in world 8?
    Yes, that is one of the levels I traversed via P-Wing, but not the only one. I think with my method I ended up with a total of 3-4 wings. I could beat all the levels in world 8 without them, but why bother? Who has time for that. And also, backup wings. Sometimes you mess up and touch a canon ball.