This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokémon Sun and Moon

Generation 7 here we go! November 18th 2016.

While I've personally only been focusing on filling my Pokédex (which is about 60% complete at the moment [especially thanks to the 20th anniversary give-aways and wonder trade]), battling has especially difficult.

By the time Sun and Moon has arrived I hope to have completed my Pokédex and have some battle skills that can challenge you forum folk.

Considering each generation has added some new battle element, I can only wonder what this new generation will offer. Ultra evolutions? Na. Poké-fusions?

Comments

• 100% Owl. Fuck those other two garbage pokes.
  • The seal looks better in the concept art than it does on the screen, imo. It's kinda cute.
  • Neito said:

The seal looks better in the concept art than it does on the screen, imo. It's kinda cute.

It's a fucking clown. Shove it in the car with the other garbage pokes.
  • Orb Owl is a good choice.
  • Apreche said:

100% Owl. Fuck those other two garbage pokes.

• You can pre-order this shit on Amazon right now. So I did.
  • Also, my Twitter feed is full of magic all day.

• There's nothing like a new Pokemon reveal to inspire some pretty clever fanart.
  • edited May 2016
    If I actually buy new Pokemon, this will be the first time I've ever not gone for the water starter.
    But do I get Tuxedo Owl or Fire Kitty? I'm leaning Fire Kitty.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Pre-ordering Moon!
  • I hope spherical owl's evolutions aren't bullshit.

Because I'm all in on this owl business.

Owl bros!
    Squash & stretch.
  • Kitty or owl, but I'm leaning towards owl. I plan on getting the digital copy of one of them. Haven't decided.

Agreed, that was the fall of Bulbasaur and Snivy.

"Don't talk to me or my son ever again."
  • I'm definitely going digital this time around. eShop wasn't super-mature in X/Y era, and made the mistake of getting the physical cart in ORAS. Not again.
  • Why is physical cart a mistake?
  • I think this one is cool!
  • Apreche said:

Why is physical cart a mistake?

For the same reason any physical media is a mistake now-a-days?
  • Neito said:

Apreche said:

Except I can't trust Nintendo e-shop as much as I trust Steam. One day your 3DS will die, and you'll have to buy a new one. And then, games all gone.
  • Apreche said:

Neito said:

Apreche said:

Except I can't trust Nintendo e-shop as much as I trust Steam. One day your 3DS will die, and you'll have to buy a new one. And then, games all gone.
    Considering that afaik you can still download DSi/Wii stuff, I'm not super worried.

Plus, you know, PC backups are a thing.
  • Neito said:

Apreche said:

Neito said:

Apreche said:

Considering that afaik you can still download DSi/Wii stuff, I'm not super worried.

They let you backup entire games to the SD card and then your PC? There must be some DRM on that. Has it been cracked? If that allows me to transfer a game to a brand new 3DS I just bought, what keeps me from buying a game once and giving everyone a copy?
  • edited May 2016
    WHY DOES NO ONE WANT THE SEAL?
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Apreche said:

Neito said:

Apreche said:

Neito said:

Apreche said:

They let you backup entire games to the SD card and then your PC? There must be some DRM on that. Has it been cracked? If that allows me to transfer a game to a brand new 3DS I just bought, what keeps me from buying a game once and giving everyone a copy?
    I copied everything from one SD card to another on my old DS, and only didn't do so when I got my New 3DS because I didn't have a MicroSD reader. It's straight-up dog-standard FAT32, Windows-readable files.

AFAIK, they're tied to your NNID, but I'll admit to never actively trying the limits of the DRM.
  • It's tied to your handheld. So if it gets stolen all your digital games are theoretically fucked. You can use the transfer shit to reestablish then with a new console.