This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Non-Shit-Talk of Your Day

1121314151618»

Comments

• Dromaro said:

Any chance you know the people are San Diego UnPub? I've been wanting to go but the slots have all been filled instantly on day 1. The most irritating part of that is about half lf the slots are "unknown designer" and the game is "TBD".

Usually there is a point person that does the events. If it is who I think it is you want to talk to @sumfatkid on twitter, if it is someone else then contact the location and ask who is the contact. Once you get a hold of them then you can iron it out.
  • Apreche said:

Starfox said:

Is this the LEGENDARY ⚡ PROJECT ST ⚡ ?

Nope. That wasn't even a game.
    Did that ever get made? Or is it a Dread Project Roberts scenario, whatever you happen to be ST'ing currently becomes Project ST...
  • Starfox said:

Apreche said:

Starfox said:

Is this the LEGENDARY ⚡ PROJECT ST ⚡ ?

Nope. That wasn't even a game.
    Did that ever get made? Or is it a Dread Project Roberts scenario, whatever you happen to be ST'ing currently becomes Project ST...
    Was not made.
  • edited February 2016
    If you are at 15%, I would agree in not travelling to a prototype convention like an UnPub. The easier route is to reserve table space at the PAX East UnPub booth and get a few plays in there.

Edit: I think they book it in 4-hour blocks. Those are precious PAX hours. Your call.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited February 2016
    Matt said:

If you are at 15%, I would agree in not travelling to a prototype convention like an UnPub. The easier route is to reserve table space at the PAX East UnPub booth and get a few plays in there.

Edit: I think they book it in 4-hour blocks. Those are precious PAX hours. Your call.

I have more than enough resources for playtesting in NYC. Between friends, gamer acquaintances, meetups, game stores, NYU Game center, etc. I don't think I will have a problem getting people to play at least once. If the game has progressed far enough, I can even go to Metatopia. Not to mention the conventions I'm already going to like MAGFest, Connecticon, and all PAXes. I definitely don't need to go to Baltimore. And even at PAX, I don't think I need to reserve any space. I can just grab some people who went to one of my panels if I want strangers. I'll reserve space at a convention if the game is miraculously published, in a box, and I need to sell it. Also, hopefully some publisher will take care of all the selling for me.

Still, I'm very far away from the stage where a stranger should even be looking at it. First I actually need to just have a playthrough with like, Rym, to uncover the huge gaping flaws and to set a lot of numbers that are currently just X. Then maybe after we have FRC people playing it, enjoying it, no longer finding obvious problems, and all the numbers are reasonably filled in, I can trot it out.

Also, I think this game has a fundamental, unfixable, flaw in that only jerks will enjoy it. I'm even considering incorporating jerkiness into the theme, so people know what to expect. It's a straight up vote-who-wins game. You can't play it nicely or turtle up. You'll just be eliminated. You must dick the other players over, and hard, to even stay on the board, let alone win. At least, that's what I'm going for.

Unlike other vote-who-wins games that try to hide their true nature, this game embraces it. It has cubes and cards just to make the voting itself more interesting. Strategic decisions are only strong enough to change how much your vote counts relative to the other players, but just voting for yourself will never be enough. The person who is dicked over the least is almost certain to be the victor.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I spent an hour or two writing and sleeving up a deck of cards for this game. I guess that makes it 20% done?
  • edited February 2016
    Apreche said:

I guess that makes it 20% Cooler

FTFY
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Apreche said:

I spent an hour or two writing and sleeving up a deck of cards for this game. I guess that makes it 20% done?

Hah. Well, I like your end-goal. When you hit the point you want test subject groups I can offer up around ten games with a mixed group of people. Just let me know. I think I understand your goal, and I am totally down with that.
  • For what is most definitely NOT the last time, I rewrote the rules. The game can now actually be played, although it's still most definitely terrible.

MAGFest anyway!
  • Making serious headway on my Bruce Springsteen cover album. Three of eleven songs are ready for peer review. The rest won't be completed until certain repairs and modifications by professionals are made to the arsenal of strings, but I'm starting work on them anyway.
  • Apreche said:

For what is most definitely NOT the last time, I rewrote the rules. The game can now actually be played, although it's still most definitely terrible.

MAGFest anyway!

Go forth and suck proudly. Gotta suck a whole bunch before you're any good at it.

• Apreche said:

For what is most definitely NOT the last time, I rewrote the rules. The game can now actually be played, although it's still most definitely terrible.

MAGFest anyway!

Go forth and suck proudly. Gotta suck a whole bunch before you're any good at it.

Known as the Prom Queen Axiom, I believe.

New album on the way!
  • First review for the FF 12 for 12 challenge is up: http://www.christopherknox.net/home/2016/2/8/final-fantasy-i

I am a bit behind in terms of progress, but a lot of that has been due to lingering wedding stuff, but that's all done now. No more side stuff to distract me.
  • I built a barn today and am half way though my visa malarkey. Not to bad I think.

New album on the way!

All contracts signed and music files mastered and uploaded. The new album will be available on Apple Music, the iTunes Store, the Amazon Store and on Spotify next month!
  • I'm writing a Monsterhearts hack. It's gonna be done by tonight or I'm going to commit sudoku.

• This is definitely the opposite of shit-talk. My photo project is for reals. It's not the greatest now, but if I don't stop I'm sure it will level up just like GeekNights, Penny-Arcade, and everything else.

http://streetsports.nyc/

https://www.facebook.com/streetsportsnyc/

https://www.instagram.com/streetsportsnyc/

https://twitter.com/streetsportsnyc
  • Looks awesome!
  • Good stuff!
  • Released another new RPG. Finally. It's been forever! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/189603/Clerical-Error

• I'm as of this post T-Minus 2 hours and 9 minutes from performing my first set of stand up comedy. I don't feel like an artist, I don't think I'm creative, but I am funny.

I have that going for me at least.
  • edited November 2016
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Now, officially, not shit talk.
  • Does this mean Luke's review reviews are coming back too?
  • One can only hope.
  • My cello playing is starting to sound like actual music.
  • My cello playing is starting to sound like actual music.

Woo!