This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• Anybody want to group up for some competitive tonight, say around 10-10:30 PDT? I feel like I should do some de-ranking.

I really need to get to 25.
  • I started at 50, and I've remained at 51 despite playing solo queue.
  • I should be around after poodcasting.

I wouldn't mind doing some Brawl. Tanks and Ana. Had a really fun one defending Kings Row to the last second and they were 1 meter away from winning. I switched to Zarya and it was all kinds of fun and shields.
  • I might be on, although I'm more interested in quick play, at least until and if we develop an actual team with strategy and roles.
  • Part of the problem is that we both really like playing Zarya. :P
  • Might actually be watching Trump speak, depending on when he's on. Time to get some drinks, I guess.
  • I'm happy to play something else. Just let me know
  • There's no better feeling than starting Overwatch and seeing "You have 10 friends in-game".
  • When you kill everyone, and then some
  • Getting serious withdrawals for this game.
  • I didn't play much between travel, conventions, parties, and illness. But I played last night with Cremlian.

God damn I love this game. Let's bust out some competitive this weekend.
  • I did not realise this because it's not mentioned in the info screen, but Ana's gun is hitscan when scoped in. This changes everything.
  • edited July 2016
    Ana + damage Dva combo is pretty great as you can't miss healing Dva, making her tankier than usual.

Edit:
    Also new Dva is hilariously even easier to win with (I was already a competent Dva before the buffs).
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • edited July 2016
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Anyone up for some serious play in, like, an hour?
  • chaosof99 said:
    There are so many things wrong with what they are saying I don't even know where to start.
  • I thought the one equating being banned to a lynching was the most gold response, but then I saw a post writing in Comic Sans "Now my brother is gonna kill me."
    Choice.
    Although some of these are making me Poe's Law pretty hard.
  • I have yet to meet a single person who was banned for cheating in pretty much any post-Punkbuster game that was not actually cheating.
  • edited August 2016
    Apparently Blizzard will be releasing some special skins for the Summer Olympics, which will look something like this. That's okay I guess, other than the IOC is a horrible corrupt organization and that the Olympic events usually wreak economic havoc on a region rather than bring in the improvements hoped for.

However, the way Blizzard is making these available is pretty bad. The items will only be available in special lootbox which only drop within a certain timeframe, until August 22nd. You can also purchase them within that timeframe but considering it's only 3 weeks total it is ridiculously short. The boxes are randomized. While they will contain at least one of the new items, already existing items can also be in there and of course duplicates only give you a minimal amount of coins back. Oh, and you can NOT buy these items with coins.

Of course all of this is only cosmetics and don't influence the gameplay at all, and I'm fine in theory with developers add cosmetic items, the inability for users to acquire specific items they want if they so desire either via trade, crafting, direct purchase or purchase through an in-game system of rewards (e.g. the coin system in Overwatch) is a really terrible decision.

I think the original lootboxes are fine since they are only for cosmetics, you could eventually get everything if you play long enough and the stuff you desire most you can unlock directly by using the coins you get from duplicates (even if I think that the "buyback" amount of coins you get from duplicate items is ridiculously low).

These Summer Games boxes on the other hand are a complete joke.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I kind of like it. I like the idea of unique stuff actually being rare or impossible to get.

Otherwise, everyone has a gold baldric.
  • Rare cosmetics, I think, are fine when they are tied to some actual achievement. Like, if Blizzard had an official Overwatch tournament and winning team got custom skins/weapons/emotes, that would be cool. But this is Blizzard just saying "hey you have limited amount of time to get this potentially cool stuff, so to maximize your chances to get the thing you want, open your wallets".
  • Update is here. New Brawl is basically just a straight ripoff of Rocket League.
  • I'll take any new brawl after the last one.
    What's this, a marginally decent Zarya skin? Say it ain't so!
  • I really want that McGree America Fuck yea skin :-p
  • Cremlian said:

I really want that McGree America Fuck yea skin :-p