This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• I love sniping, but I find that when I do, I immediately draw all the fire from everyone on the opposing team, while simultaneously having one or more pick counters like Harambe.
  • Rym said:

Rochelle said:

I want to learn aggressive Reinhardt. The people we played against had some really good ones.

Always be firestriking. Trust the team to cover your butt and one flank (cover the other flank yourself). Ignore people who slip past you: let the team take them.

I rarely whip the hammer out except either post-charge or if the enemy DPS is dead/retreating.

It's surprising how rarely even good players expect you to charge them from far away. They'll reliably misjudge how fast you're approaching, and you can easily with practice pick and charge a far-back Mercy. Pulling her away from the team at a critical moment, then turning around and flamestriking from behind, is super effective.
    The aggressive Reinhardt in Competitive use their hammer A LOT and wreck people. The key is to realize when you are at a point where the attackers against you no longer can focus fire you.
  • I really need to get my rank up. I hate playing comp right now because I'm stuck in this weird no mans land where no one wants to communicate in any form other than to bitch at people.
  • I wish people would realize when they're shitty at calling out. I had a guy yell "Soldier, Hanzo behind you" at me, then get really mad when I don't see the Hanzo to my left, way above me on a building, and only visible when he peeked out to take a shot. Come on.
  • People also make the mistake with Reinhardt of doing the charge to end up behind enemy lines. Most effective Rein's I've seen (and I try to do this as well) is to do short range pins. Less time to evade and doesn't put you in a precarious situation.
  • Don't discount a Rein flank charge at a critical moment.
  • MATATAT said:

People also make the mistake with Reinhardt of doing the charge to end up behind enemy lines. Most effective Rein's I've seen (and I try to do this as well) is to do short range pins. Less time to evade and doesn't put you in a precarious situation.

I try this and miss and end up in extremely comical places :-p
  • Tonight on the refridgerator:

• edited September 2016
    Without my laughter and excitement:

And my first Zeny POTG, meh, but I'll take it. I'm getting a little better with him.

Even though we lost a bit, still fun.

And Twitter goodness:

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Let's schedule some 6v6
  • Yes, however I got stuff going on today, perhaps tonight. Seriously, Blizzard needs to have an app for Battlenet IM client and not just for WoW. Such garbage.
  • I am up for this later tonight, and definitely tomorrow.
  • edited September 2016
    send me a holler if you're on. I will only accept hollers.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • https://gfycat.com/AntiqueBigGerenuk
    Apparently Pharah was a pigeon in a previous life.
  • Scott, Nelson and I had a good run, finishing with cards in most of the rounds we played on Sunday.
  • Reaper isn't the only one that knows the Death Blossom
  • Up to date version of same thing.
    Interesting in that there are currently little less "always mandatory" heroes and more variety. At least so it seems from glancing that data, I don't actually follow Overwatch pro scene to see how it looks in practice.
  • When you know you're carrying in Overwatch - played Zen in a Volskaya game last night and at one point had gold in elims and damage. And we nearly lost that game twice due to really aggro DPS getting themselves killed way outside the chokepoints.
  • Zenyatta can really dominate solo que quick play games. Once got 5 golds as Zen.
  • That's been my competitive experience until Red team realizes they need to start focusing down support.
  • I still haven't finished my placement matches. But also haven't played much Overwatch in the last couple weeks. Been catching up on other games and just been busy in general.
  • Never competitive alone again... never again.
    How do four people engage a single Mei and lose? Why can't people do something about Apple products on their team?
  • MATATAT said:

I still haven't finished my placement matches. But also haven't played much Overwatch in the last couple weeks. Been catching up on other games and just been busy in general.

I absolutely wrecked in my first placement match, and I don't want to break that streak.
  • I have the day off of work tomorrow (all hail flexible scheduling and maximum 80hr two-week periods), and I am generally on top of all life responsibilities. Do I... do something super productive and/or create something? Or do I hole up and play all my Overwatch competitive ranking matches...
  • I'm going to be playing a lot the rest of this week and over the weekend.
  • I've been playing a lot of blightfall and taking time off from Overwatch. I've really been wanting to play comp but my usual team just hasn't been on.
  • So I recently got Overwatch, but I don't have anyone to play with. Anyone on here want to pass me their usernames so we can group up? I'm Valron#1306
  • If you scroll back through the thread there is a post that has all of our names. Add me.