This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• Maybe because it's a weekday, but I played about 10 games and I won once. A couple times I played Ana and was sitting back a bit (I'm usually midrange with her) and I just can't even keep up with healing at how much people were scattering and getting mowed down. There was one game with a Reaper/Mercy combo and no one was ever taking them down. The Reaper was just casually trotting around destroying people.
  • If and when I do the same, I get such lovely replies as "calm down, little girl."

I witnessed this happen to you! you shut him down.
  • Cremlian said:

If and when I do the same, I get such lovely replies as "calm down, little girl."

I witnessed this happen to you! you shut him down.
    That is not the only time.
  • Oh I know, this was after you made this post!
  • New patch is now live! Fantasy castles are in full effect!
  • I decided to actually give competitive a chance this time after only doing like 3 placement matches last season. First two were really close but lost. Won the next three. The first match I had was on the new map.
  • I want to do lot more competitive this time compared to the first season, but after playing quite a bit solo in the last few days, I feel like I might stay away from solo playing competitive. Solo playing overall can be kinda painful.
  • edited September 2016
    Played some comp, rolled first team, and then matchmaking put us against some pros. Lol
    Team attrition and randos being smart led to quite a losing streak, but I salvaged a gold rank
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Played the brawl a couple of times and did a placement match, the latter of which I won despite having absolutely atrocious connection problems all of a sudden. Eichenwald is fun.

Also bought D.Va's new Emote. ^-^
  • I take ritalin for classes and just played a game of Overwatch forgetting there was still a lot in my system, and holy shit I now understand why pro gamers use ADHD medication. My shit was on point.
  • Yeah, I've learned that. I try to only use my prescription for good and not for evil. Though, these days I really just don't use it at all.
  • Guess I got platinum. Looks like silver. Even had one loss to a dude somehow being afk the whole game (mercy, permalocked in, came in with two friends of his that were also confused). 7/3
  • Ugh Played comp with bm players. Joined a friend's group again, and he seems to have a collection of asshole friends, to the point where I may not group w him again. A teammate hassled me because i asked him for a turn playing Zarya, as she's basically my main. At a point in the game, I announced my ult and asked if anyone could combo. Someone said they had their ult, so I popped it. He proceeded to chew me out and shit on me, because no one had an ult up, and what the fuck kind of Zarya main was I. Meanwhile I'm 3 gold, so whatever he was doing as Reaper was ineffective. And the Mercy is demanding constant bubbles without stepping into my los. And while I'm doing my best, I'm an off tank and no one wants to play rein (other tank is a roadhog), and my bubble is best saved for specific needs. I know it sucks to be support and unprotected, but playing mercy on a very open map with no rein is suicide, or at least, going to be way more challenging. She could duck in and out of cover, but no, she wants me to tank like rein.

They were cluttering the comms so much and I quit the group after the game. My IG friend was made excuses saying the guy just wanted to make plat, and I'm thinking, you think I want to lose?
  • Hard to make Plat if you can't work with your team... lol
  • Cremlian said:

Hard to make Plat if you can't work with your team... lol

Right?
  • People who bring shitty friends are usually secretly shitty.
  • Definitely do not group with that person again.

I've actually been playing a few matches with a parent of another kid from my daughter's daycare, after Overwatch came up in a brief combo. I am keeping a close eye on his behaviour. I figure seeing if he is a tool online is a good way to evaluate the family as people I should/should not be inviting into my house.

Oh and Eichenwald is awesome.

I really want to dive back into competitive after some really good quick play (~10hrs) while I was on work travel with nothing to do, but I am employing self restraint and will wait for some group action.
  • Zarya non-combo and shitty players

FYI, when you bring up the score screen with tab, your teammates who have ultimate up will have a blue-white checkmark icon underneath their portrait.
  • edited September 2016
    I know, but usually when I'm really in battle, it's too risky to blink, much less press tab. I literally cannot take my eyes off the action or people will die.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • edited September 2016
    I remember someone getting upset with me as Zarya because they didn't get any bubbles as healer, yet they were constantly behind me and didn't seem to be actually getting shot at.

That's not how Zarya works :/

Also Zarya should almost always be complimented with another tank, doesn't 100% need to happen, but it's a good idea.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • i flew in the biggest passenger aircraft today. air emirates is an amazing airline. during my flight I was able to watch several movies I'd missed: deadpool, new starwars, civil war. was able to choose movies at my lesure. also had a nap. best flight I've ever enjoyed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A380#Improved_A380-800

Venice is kinda nice too, I guess.
  • I played in quick mode as Road Hog and ended a defense on Hollywood with an ultimate that was immediately charged by Ana's ultimate. I wiped 5 enemies who were on the point, then picked Phara out of the air with my secondary fire, getting a team kill and POTG. It was glorious.
  • Ana boosted uncharged Zarya makes me cry large tears of sadness, and wish the Ana understood the way of the bubble.
  • I sometimes boos uncharged Zarya, as she has big hitbox and keeps running around in front of me. At least, hopefully it scares the enemy. As a Ana what makes me truly sad is to boos someone and then see them get hit by three different ults, thus killing them.
  • Apsup said:

I sometimes boos uncharged Zarya, as she has big hitbox and keeps running around in front of me. At least, hopefully it scares the enemy. As a Ana what makes me truly sad is to boos someone and then see them get hit by three different ults, thus killing them.

MAH BAYBEE
  • edited September 2016
    Apsup said:

I sometimes boos uncharged Zarya, as she has big hitbox and keeps running around in front of me. At least, hopefully it scares the enemy. As a Ana what makes me truly sad is to boos someone and then see them get hit by three different ults, thus killing them.

For some reason, my clearest memory of anything with Zarya is Omnutia dropping his bubble right in front of a D.va Ult, and seeing him charge past me lit up like a christmas tree, while he's cackling and going "You fucked up son!" over our voice chat.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I think boosting solely on tanks is kind of limiting, last night on Eichenwald, (in the middle third of the map with the big tower at the top), Nano boosted a soldier who had his ultimate up, he jumped down behind the cart while nano boosted, he killed 3 players just on the descent and mopped up the rest while I healed and sleep darted from the top of the tower, instant POTG. Really liking the new map.

May just be because it's new but every character is viable on it and you really need at least one person flanking / playing assassin with all the side paths.
  • The thing about boosting Reinhart is that he doesn't even need to have ult up to charge in and start killing people by swinging around. With offense heroes I feel that there is greater risk of enemy bursting them down, but I'm totally willing to boost Genji or Soldier, especially if they are pulling out their ults. And other heroes too, if the situation seems suitable. Nice thing about Ana is that she gets ult super fast, just shoot in random directions during a firefight and lob some grenades and you are at 100%.