This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• What is legal vs. what is right.
  • Nomic. The game. If you rules lawyers ever liked a game, this is it.
  • edited May 2008
    Swimming, summers or childhood. Those are nice!

How would you make a podcast network?
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Favorite vacation spots
    Your favorite brick and mortar stores before you went 90% Amazon
  • How about Rym & Scott's Field Guide to the Internet? :)

There are a bunch of subcultures online that a cursory examination of the content of websites and messageboards will confirm are jammed to the brim with geeks, but that are thoroughly outside of the canon.

Why not have shows on these alternageekeries? (Ham radio, Society for Creative Anachronism, Bollywood films, vadding, tiki drinks, Barbie collecting, baseball statistics, model railroads, etc. etc. etc. into the distant realm of infinity)
  • RSS feeds and feed readers
  • How about an episode on Half Life?
  • RSS feeds and feed readers
    They're awesome ways to get news, and use Google Reader.
    Done.
  • How about an episode on Half Life?
    Has Rym played ALL of Half-Life yet to do a show? I know Scott has, but I'm not so sure Rym has.
  • What is wrong with MMORPGs and how they're a waste of time and not worth playing.
  • I'm pretty sure he's played the original Half Life and Half Life 2.
  • I've beaten everything with the name Half-Life on it, except maybe Blue Shift. Rym beat HL1, but isn't done with HL2 yet. Thus, he hasn't even touched any of the HL2 episodes.
  • Any chance of a show being made on it once Rym has finished the series?
  • I've beaten everything with the name Half-Life on it, except maybe Blue Shift. Rym beat HL1, but isn't done with HL2 yet. Thus, he hasn't even touched any of the HL2 episodes.
    How about you tell him you won't watch any anime until he finishes HL2.
  • What is wrong with MMORPGs and how they're a waste of time and not worth playing.
    Scott's Achievement Rant and a WoW thread.
  • How about trends in the anime fandom. Or just trends in anime.

Either of you watched or read Welcome to the NHK?

How about a show about your favorite J-music?
  • How about a Monday show on the gopher protocol? :)
  • How about a Monday show on the gopher protocol? :)
    It's just like http. However, it had a much stricter hierarchy, rather than a largely uncontrolled web, and it was mostly text, so it worked in old busted terminals. It was never really that popular, and it didn't last long.
  • I'd love the long since promised ''How to deal with Police'' episode.
  • edited May 2008
    I'd love the long since promised ''How to deal with Police'' episode.
    Seconded.
    I forgot about that promise till just now. Seems like a great idea for a Thursday ep.
    RSS feeds and feed readers
    They're awesome ways to get news, and use Google Reader.
    Done.
    Technology behind RSS? Origins/early years of RSS? Future of RSS? Alternative feed readers (which may or may not be better than Greader), such as desktop readers and readers built right into browsers?
    And if they really want to...what feeds they subscribe to, tips on Google reader (obviously not something that could fill a show with, but something they could talk about for 2-3 minutes), etc.

They could do a short episode on it if they really wanted to.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • What technology will really be like in 20 yrs.? Usually you used to hear "flying cars, time travel, etc.". What does the Scyrm think? We've had the Industrial Revolution and Information Age, what's next?
  • edited May 2008
    What's you beef with Forgotten Relms in detail? Just wondering.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Either of you watched or read Welcome to the NHK?
    BTW Viga, your podcast brought me to buy all of the NHK manga that is currently released in america. Now I hold you responsible for my brain being turned into corn stew. It's still an awesome series, although I watched the anime before.
  • I'd love the long since promised ''How to deal with Police'' episode.
    Oh man have I got some stories to tell when that topic gets done.
  • edited May 2008
    Either of you watched or read Welcome to the NHK?
    BTW Viga, your podcast brought me to buy all of the NHK manga that is currently released in america. Now I hold you responsible for my brain being turned into corn stew.It's still an awesome series, although I watched the anime before.
    NHK Fuck Yeah!
    I'd love the long since promised ''How to deal with Police'' episode.
    Oh man have I got some stories to tell when that topic gets done.
    Now I really hope they do it now. They should skype you in on the lounge.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Now I really hope they do it now. They should skype you in on the lounge.
    I'd be into that. The only problem is, one of these stories is so good that people probably won't believe it.
  • What's you beef with Forgotten Relms in detail?
    Actually, I love Forgotten Realms. ^_~

I think we'll do a Tuesday show on Fantasy Gaming worlds in general.
  • What's you beef with Forgotten Relms in detail?
    Actually, I love Forgotten Realms. ^_~

I think we'll do a Tuesday show on Fantasy Gaming worlds in general.
    I meant the books. :P
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2008
    Here are a few ideas I have

1: You did an episode about candy, why not one about ice cream (that is, if you eat it at all)?

2:How about have a geeknights person week. To be more specific: on each day, do a show about a person that in your eyes is very honorable on that specific day.

3: As mentioned in my most recent thread, an episode about Tintin.

4:Forums in general and why yours is more superior than every other forum out there.'

5: George Orwell... the man, the myth, the legend.

6: Fantasy novels you should read.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • 2:How about have a geeknights person week. To be more specific: on each day, do a show about a person that in your eyes is very honorable on that specific day.
    Seconded. I can pretty much already predict who the people would be, but their elaborations would be worth an episode. My guesses would be...
    Monday: Steve Jobs...ok, so no....not sure. There's a large pool that they can pick from.
    Tuesday: Luke Crane for tabletop, Miyamoto for video
    Wednesday: Alan Moore for comics, Tezuka for manga, and I'm not sure for anime
    Thursday: um...Barack Obama?
    4:Forums in general and why yours is more superior than every other forum out there.'
    Can potentially be an episode, considering they can talk about the certain types of forums and how they're run. Though a good short answer is that geeknights forums doesn't allow sigs, thus it's 100x better than any forum out there that allows sigs. It also doesn't show postcount (yes I realize you can view postcount by going to a user's profile), which is another plus.
    6: Fantasy novels you should read.
    I think they've already answered that....http://www.frontrowcrew.com/?p=554