This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Time Travel

Did you ever discuss the concept of time travel? If you did which episode was it.
    You have mentioned you are Doctor Who fans, so I would like to hear your take on Time Travel.

Funny thing, If it were possible I know that if I went back in time to tell younger me what not to do to avoid the stupid things I have done in life, He would tell me I am a crazy old man and take a hike. :)
    Some people in their teen years, myself included, think they are immortal and bullet proof and older people (30 and up) should not be trusted or listened to because they are too jaded.:)
    Post edited by Anubis on
  • Some people in their teen years, myself included, think they are immortal and bullet proof and older people (30 and up) should not be trusted or listened to because they are too jaded.:)
    And that's the way it should be.
  • Can you please make a show on Samurai Champloo(if you have watched it)?
  • Can you please make a show on Samurai Champloo(if you have watched it)?
    They did that already.
  • It's not available for download.
  • It's not available for download.
    Yes it is. In fact, the link is on that page. Every episode of GeekNights ever made is available for download.

Now, before you say, "No it isn't!" think a little bit and look at that page. Think about what each of those links might be. Even if there weren't a link, think about our filename format. There may be a pattern.
  • edited July 2008
    It's not available for download.
    Yes it is. In fact, the link is on that page. Every episode of GeekNights ever made is available for download.

Now, before you say, "No it isn't!" think a little bit and look at that page. Think about what each of those links might be. Even if there weren't a link, think about our filename format. There may be a pattern.
    Why did you do that to the early posts anyway? o_O
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Protip: The link to the episode is always in the word "Geeknights".
    edited July 2008
    Why did you do that to the early posts anyway? o_O
    That's the link feed readers see and download as podcast. The reason why there's a separate "MP3 Download" link accompanying every post nowadays is most likely because of people like Necro who couldn't figure out how to download the show from the website.

EDIT: Blue text is edited in for clearing that incomplete sentence up.
    Post edited by ... on
    edited July 2008
    Actually I downloaded the podcast from the website, but couldn't figure out wherehow to download this episode at first, since there was no downlaooad link.
    Again, there is a download link. I see now that my previous post was incomplete, I should've paid more attention when I wrote that post. Again, it's because of people like you that posts now have a second download link called "MP3 Download". Now shoo with that useless whisper.

EDIT: Rage rant version here for the sake of RAAAAAAAAGE.
    THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A BLOODY DOWNLOAD LINK! How else are podcatchers supposed to download the episode if there is none linked in the post?! Every post begins with "Tonight on Geeknights", where do you think that hyperlink will point to? Http://www.frontrowcrew.com/? To the same page you are most likely on? Practice thinking, perhaps then you'll connect and wire up the neurons that will allow you to connect these dots.
    That last sentence ("Practice thinking...") was not part of the original rage part, it is merely an attempt at trying to make a silly insult, do not take that one personally Necro, or anyone else. I was also thinking, instead of using that silly insult, about using an image of that Simpsons bully, with of course, in BIG, GARGANTUAN, letters, "HA HA!" on it. But seeing as I do not have that image, I couldn't do that. And yes, I fail for not being able to remember his name.
    Post edited by ... on
  • We need a full episode, with some crew members, about DDR. Stories, History, favorite songs, personal experiences.
  • A while back myself and several other Anonymous bumped into Rym in Bryant Park in NYC and he briefly traded emails with me about the possibility of doing a podcast on Anonymous. To be specific he emailed me on May 13th at skwoitalskwad@gmail.com and gave me the following message

"Hello,

I apologize for the somewhat late reply, but we've been terribly busy preparing for the summer convention season.

Some day in the near future, we'd like to put together a Skype roundtable about Anonymous. If you could select, aside from yourself, perhaps two or three additional, well-spoken, willing members, we'd love to have you all on for a dedicated Thursday show. It would just be your crew, plus myself and Scott.

I imagine we would talk first about what Anonymous is, where it came from, that sort of thing. From there, we could move into how you operate, what you're like, and so forth. We'll focus more on Anonymous itself, as opposed to Scientology specifically. (I'd like to save that for a separate, dedicated show).

Everyone involved could use a throwaway Skype account if they so wished.

Let me know what you think, and we can move toward setting a date.

Cheers,

-Rym
    GeekNights"

I have since tried to get in contact several more times but with no results. I have even offered up my phone number for contact convenience. I'd like to make this happen if at all possible. You can reach me at the address listed above or you can find many more of us from the NYC (who I am well aquainted with) at EpicAnon.com
  • I don't know how knowledgeable Rym and Scott are in the art of pinball, but I feel like it could make a good filler episode. (Also, it would fulfill the podcast's weekly nostalgia quota)

And I think the anonymous episode would be awesome! Pokeanon, just be patient. I'm sure Scrym meant to do the show in the fall/winter. Convention season takes up a lot of their time in the summer.
  • *Ehem*

Zombies.
  • edited July 2008
    I think zombies can fit into any day of Geeknights.

Monday: Zombie finding technology
    Tuesday: Zombie games
    Wednesday: Zombie anime
    Thursday: More zombie survival!

:P
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I think the fact that Rym and Scott aren't going to do another zombie show, but won't actually say it has become a joke for them.
  • *Ehem*

Zombies.
  • How to get out of a speeding ticket. Lately the "don't speed" method has been working well for me, but I'm curious as to how you've gotten out of said 60% of speeding tickets, Rym (or was it Scott?).
  • I really liked the Apollo's Song review. Do some more Tezuka manga reviews like Ode to Kirihito, Dororo, Black Jack, MW, etc.
  • I really liked the Apollo's Song review. Do some more Tezuka manga reviews like Ode to Kirihito, Dororo, Black Jack, MW, etc.
  • edited August 2008
    ...Ode to Kirihito...
    Already done and I believe that MW was done as a GeekBite. I may be mistaken, though.

How to not suck at living in a dorm.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • What about MS3TK, you guys are way overdue on that. Albert Vitti Permittee for the win!
  • What about MS3TK, you guys are way overdue on that. Albert Vitti Permittee for the win!
    You didn't write anything Agiv, what givs.
  • edited August 2008
    You didn't write anything Agiv, what givs.
    She was restating what you said because she agrees. -_- (*faceplam*)
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Concur on the MST3K episode idea, that would rock.
  • If they pass over MST3K, then at least do an episode about Satoshi Kon and his works.
  • High School. I really want a Thursday episode about high school. Sure, there has been a TON of info from other episodes in bits and pieces, but no whole episode. I'm sure the new freshman listeners (including myself) would benefit extremely from this. I really want one, at least.
  • High School. I really want a Thursday episode about high school. Sure, there has been a TON of info from other episodes in bits and pieces, but no whole episode. I'm sure the new freshman listeners (including myself) would benefit extremely from this. I really want one, at least.
    You have to be a little more specific than that. What about high school?
  • High School Pro Tip: Be yourself and always tell the truth, you will have an AWESOME experience if you follow those two rules.