This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Google Glass

1121314151618»

Comments

• Fresh off the rumor mill: Glass might be redesigned.
  • Daikun said:

Fresh off the rumor mill: Glass might be redesigned.

All I read from that was "blah blah blah GOOGLE IS MAKING DENNOU COIL GLASSES blah blah blah".
  • Dromaro said:

A real, practical use for Google Glass, demoed by Our Man Churba.

Teachin your police officers how to use military leftovers?
  • edited August 2014
    I just noticed that Glass is on sale in the UK now. It says connectivity is Wifi and Bluetooth. I assumed it'd be 4G or something given that it assists navigation. Would I need to link it to my phone (which is starting to really show its age)?

Edit: I just found the right help page. Looks like it bluetooths.
    Post edited by Totally Guy on
  • It bluetooth's to the phone, but also Wifi's independently.
  • It's not dead. They've moved it out of the explorer phase, out of Google X, and put the Nest CEO in charge. This says to me that they're going to be making it much much better.
  • Not dead. They got an immense amount of feedback from the Explorer trial, and have made organizational moves to support the next version. This is very different from the typical dead-on-the-vine Google product.
  • It's dead.

• There are many times in my life that I bought an expensive technology as early as possible not knowing whether it would be successful and useful, or garbage that sat on the shelf.

Sometimes making such a purchase, and getting it wrong, leads only to regret. You bought that expensive doohickey that you never use, and it's completely useless otherwise. /sadtrombone

Other times the thing you are buying is special. The best case scenario is that it is successful and useful. The worst case is that it fails, but is still awesome like a Virtual Boy or a Power Glove.

I bought the Nintendo DS and Wii on day 1 with this in mind, but they both turned into a success. I bought Google Glass day 1, and now it's a Virtual Boy. It's going to be way awesome when I still have it 10+ years from now.
  • I also still use my Glass on a semi-daily basis. The existing software and apps work fine, and it's already fully integrated with Andoid Wearables, so new apps will notify and interact just like old ones.
  • I know how the sausage is made, so to speak, when it comes to the glass project haha
  • edited January 2015
    Andrew said:

I know how the sausage is made, so to speak, when it comes to the glass project haha

By some crazy coincidence, you don't happen to know a Greg Priest-Dorman, do you? He is (or was, last I knew) on the Glass team and connected to GTech.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Andrew said:

I know how the sausage is made, so to speak, when it comes to the glass project haha

Out of crazy coincidence, you don't happen to know a Greg Priest-Dorman, do you? He is (or was, last I knew) on the Glass team and connected to GTech.

Unfortunately no, doesn't seem to ring a bell.

• that is getting closer to a product I would buy :-p
  • Also, the new Google Glass EE is foldable
    Oh hey, looks like the Geniuses at google finally figured out the advanced technology of hinges.