This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Official Friday Night Party Line Thread.

Comments

• If I didn't have to work every Friday, I would offer my ramblings from an old fart.
  • If I had a reliable internet connection, I would offer my ramblings as a 20-something city dweller who works with computers all day.
  • If you guys were willing to have me, I'd be happy to participate as a bored RIT student.
  • Victor posted episode 43.
  • Victor posted episode 43.
    AKA, One Host, Two guests, and the Idiot.
  • edited April 2011
    The upside, I researched and found out the exact frequency for the censorship tone is 1000Hz. I decided to use a less ear-splitting 800Hz. Also, I learned that reducing the number of frequencies analyzed in a Fourier transform can be much more effective in removing noise than more frequencies, which seem to cause distortions...

And now, after editing two podcasts in a row and yelling at my web host for their stupid servers constantly dropping FTP connections when moving big files downstream, I sleep.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The upside, I researched and found out the exact frequency for the censorship tone is 1000Hz. I decided to use a less ear-splitting 800Hz.
    Also, Dear Everybody, I apologize to your ears.
  • You missed at least 2 of Churba's F-bombs but I'm only 20 minutes in...
  • You missed at least 2 of Churba's F-bombs but I'm only 20 minutes in...
    To be fair, that's kind of like missing a typo in the Encyclopedia Britannica.
  • Oh nice, I just listened to the last one last night! It was so good (except the volume levels). I should get a good mic sometime so I can get in on one of these ^_^
  • No closing music!!!
  • edited April 2011
    WHAT?!!!!!!
    EDIT: I checked the session file. It's there. What the hell happened?
    EDIT 2: DAMMIT AUDITION! I Used to be able to trust you! Now I gotta check the other show too! FUCK
    EDIT 3: *Sigh* The other one is fine. But I guess I'm gonna have to use render selection from now on rather than leaving it to it's own devices.
    EDIT 4: Found the fucks and went through the rest of the show again. Didn't find any more, but I'm gonna add the explicit tag anyway just to be safe. Uploaded new version.

This was officially my biggest fuck up ever.
  • Don't beat yourself up on it dude. I listened to the episode that came out a few weeks ago and it was very entertaining. First 20 minutes or so kinda dragged and I almost tuned out but then I stuck it out and it hooked me. Great discussions. Will definitely download this next one.
  • Okay, I know it's not my biggest fuck up ever, but my sense of professionalism prevents me from feeling any other way.
  • That Jason is not me, FYI.
  • edited April 2011
    Itinerant biologist/pre-med student, dual-citizen, vagabond, and jack-of-many-trades offering viewpoints. Churba has me on Skype, but I think I have you in my contacts anyway, Sonic. I'd love to be on the show; I'll even buy a mic and pop-guard and bring it overseas if you'll have me. I've already got studio headphones.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Self correction - When I say Subcutaneous anchors, I mean sub-dermal. I knew what I meant, But I used the wrong word.
  • Is it just me or is this episode extra quiet?
  • The discussion on internet aliases in the previous episode was very good. I used to just use the internet to kill time, but just over a year ago I started being more of an active participant through blogging and forum participation.

I agree that it is not smart to have anything to hide on the internet. Nothing will stay hidden forever, so just take ownership of yourself. A few months ago I trashed my Twitter account and just started using my real name (@MattMorganMDP) as my username. Since this forum is flexible enough to allow username changes, I've done the same here!
  • Jeeze, I keep missing these. When the heck do you do them?
  • edited October 2011
    Alright! FNPL Episode #45 is done and uploaded. You guys will see it Friday Evening.

So much extra material... I may make a forum exclusive extras reel.
  • So much extra material... I may make a forum exclusive extras reel.
    Nooooooo!
    Nooooooo!
    Don't worry. I'm sure Sonic won't make you look completely psychotic. :P
  • So much blood.
  • So much blood.
    Luke needs a new avatar. I suggest:
  • You have to explain your manga references. I have no clue.
  • Alright! FNPL Episode #55 is done and uploaded. You guys will see it Friday Evening.
    The wha..?! Did I miss an email?
  • edited May 2011
    You have to explain your manga references. I have no clue.
    It's more for people who will get it, but it's a character from Escaflowne named Dilandau. You can Google the rest, if you're so inclined. :D Dilandau is also bat-crap loco.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
    Yeah, Why not? It'd be funny as, since you seem to get some crazy stuff in the pre and post show recording.
  • I just listened to the last episode, as I couldn't remember much of what happened due to being a little bit drunk. I apologize to everyone for my stupid ideas. The grandmother-sex-or-death dilemma was totally uncalled for.