This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• Don't worry Jason, I'm pretty sure at least two of those words were just Pokémon.
  • PICHAZO... I CHOOSE YOU!
  • Stephen Hawking as a Bond villain. Wow. Just wow.
  • Stephen Hawking as a Bond villain. Wow. Just wow.
    You talk about that when the one with Jeremy when Jason made the comment about Michael J. Fox and the movie Tremors?
  • Preview of the new episode due out mid-week and starring Joel, Dave, and Graz:
  • Oh man I apologize for the incredibly inside-baseball board game industry questions! You did get 10 points for not falling asleep though : )

Easier questions will come one day when I learn how to excercise self control.
  • Oh man I apologize for the incredibly inside-baseball board game industry questions! You did get 10 points for not falling asleep though : )
    That's ok. You're Game of Thrones questions were great, however that won't be aired until October for certain reasons. ^___~

I also forgive you more than Jason for completely forgetting about me! ; _ ;

This was also our first Omar-free episode. THE END OF AN ERA!
    That's ok. You're Game of Thrones questions were great, however that won't be aired until October for certain reasons. ^___~

I also forgive you more than Jason for completely forgetting about me! ; _ ;

This was also our first Omar-free episode. THE END OF AN ERA!
    Is it the ATW9K Halloween Special?!?!? You do guys do know that being in costume won't translate well over to podcast audio, right?

To be fair to Jason, it seemed hard to get a word in edgewise between the Dave-Joel-Graz trifecta. Awesome episode overall but it felt like a bonus episode since they are such a podcasting force.
    Revenge, my friends, is a dish best served with trivia questions. Step lightly.
    Ro, feel free to come loaded with impossible trivia at PAX.
  • To be fair to Jason,
    There is no being fair to Jason EVER! He's the one that makes most of the questions, but yes, it is hard to get a word in with Dave, Joel, and Graz. That's ok, but they are hilarious.
  • Is it the ATW9K Halloween Special?!?!? You do guys do know that being in costume won't translate well over to podcast audio, right?
    Let's just say I might be wearing O.R. scrubs.

@Ro: O.R. they?
  • edited August 2011

billmurraylaughing/chokingonfood.gif
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Is it the ATW9K Halloween Special?!?!? You do guys do know that being in costume won't translate well over to podcast audio, right?

I now get that joke, awesome movie.
  • Because I've been a slacker lately on the Facebook Daily Trivia, I'm making some special ones this week and next week.

Today's trivia is "Brad Pitt" movie collage. Whoever gets the bonus, will get a special shout-out on the podcast.

Next week, I'm only doing Monday - Wednesday, but I will say it will be in the spirit of PAX-themed. ^___~
  • Graziella Mozzarella is going to enter my regular rotation. :D
  • Graziella Mozzarella is going to enter my regular rotation. :D
    As long as you pronounce it like you're on a Chef Boyardee ad, we're cool.
  • So from some recent photo collage trivia I've been doing, we've decided to have it as a special trivia called Photo Friday.

So every Friday, we will be having trivia with photos. People who can answer the special trivia will get a shout out on the next recording of the podcast.

Today is Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?

Name the landmark on this image:

• 1. Stonehenge
    2. Eiffel Tower
    3. Coliseum
    4. the Great Pyramid of Giza
    5. the Burial Mound (not sure if it has a more specific name)
    6. Parthenon
    7. Angkor Wat
    8. Arc d'Triomphe
    9. Big Ben
    10. Empire State Building
    11. Forbidden Palace
    12. Cristo Redentor
    13. Grand Canyon?
    14. Great Wall of China
    15. Moai Statues
    16. Hagia Sophia
    17. Macchu Picchu
    19. Taj Mahal
    20. Sydney Opera House
    21. Kremlin
    23. Leaning Tower of Pisa

Thanks to Civilization for teaching most of those.

I don't recognize 18 and 22 for some reason.
  • Good answers, but #16 is incorrect and #21 I want something more specific.

For people to get the special shout out, I posted on the FB page that I also want the location of each landmark emailed to me. :P

So unless you're playing for fun, feel free to email me.

Also next week since I will be out possibly Wednesday, but definitely Thursday and Friday, I'm having (trying to at least) a special spirit of PAX related photo trivia for at least two days. So it's definitely gaming related.

I'm sure you guys will like it.
  • 18 is the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur. The only one I don't know is 22.
  • edited August 2011
    Well, I'm a big fat cheater, so I used Google to find most of the rest, but 22 has me at a loss.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur
  • 22 must be a European castle of some sort. The castle looks Germanic, but the flowers are tulips, so it could also be Dutch.
  • 22 must be a European castle of some sort.
    That part is correct. The others, not so much.
  • The problem is that there are SO MANY European castles that it's hard to recognize specific ones. Can we have a clue?
  • The problem is that there are SO MANY European castles that it's hard to recognize specific ones. Can we have a clue?
    Well you could say Scrooge McDuck may have been there. ^__~

Also I still need an answer for 16 & 21. Oh, I missed it but your answer for 5 is incorrect. It's a huge fucking rock.
  • I wonder if Google Goggles could identify these locations?
  • Well, Google has informed me that 16 is the Sultan Ahmed Mosque in Istanbul (so I at least got the city right), and the proper name for 21 is the Moscow Kremlin.
  • 21 is the Moscow Kremlin.
    Upon further research that is correct. I was thinking of the popular name.
  • Actually, we're all wrong, and should have done more research. The building in #21 is actually Saint Basil's Cathedral, which is right next to the Kremlin and associated with it, but it's not actually inside the Kremlin. Oh Wikipedia, the things you teach us...
  • That was my original answer! You guys confuzzle me so!

I'm sure Churba "should" know the answer to 5. :P