This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited October 2012
    At this point, this thread is roughly 0.01% Greg commenting on how I keep this thread off the second page.

Either way, as I've said before, I post pony content when I think it's worth posting, rather than simply whenever I feel the pony thread is falling behind too far.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • 1/(51*146)=x/100
    7446x=100
    x=0.01%

Bravo, Cheese, bravo.
  • Pinkie clones? Hell I've already seen that with F-list. This'll be interesting.
  • Also Season3 Ep3 has been confirmed I believe: Pinkie Pie clones herself because she gets bored. Can't wait for the epic shenanigans.
    Prediction of the story moral: Pinkie learns how intense she really is and decides to scale back a bit.
  • So, new ponies when?
  • November 10th
  • Sweet. Thanks.
  • 1/(51*146)=x/100
    7446x=100
    x=0.01%

Bravo, Cheese, bravo.
    Hey, it was approximate! I did say "roughly".
  • A friend of mine recently went to Japan, and at a local con there, got me this Doujin.

(Image is a link).

Unfortunately, i do not speak Japanese, nor can I write it. I would be extremely happy if someone could translate this for me. I thank thee in advance.

• (Image is a link).
    It's not working. Post pics! :(
  • edited October 2012
    *fluttercat*
    I am so confused by this picture. Catgirl costumes are supposed to be sexy, but Fluttersy is too adorable to be sexy. And she's obviously uncomfortable about the whole thing. And what is up with those eyes?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited October 2012
    While I partially agree on his extended points on the whole: challenging a jaded society and issues of escapism, I do believe more basic and plain reasons were the primarily ones for me liking and getting into this show.

Mainly the humor, character studies, and of course, as an artist, a huge sense of understanding and appreciation of the large efforts put into the show. I honestly did not co relate my liking to the show as escapism, nor saw it within the context of conflicting "gender interest". In fact this discourse did not exert itself until i started interacting online with the other bronies from the west.

It could be because I'm asian, and as westernized as my country is, old traditions of respecting the maternal figure, continued animastic superstitions and beliefs etc, played a role. We know of My Little Pony not as a representation of saccharine femininity but simply as a product from the west, and the western stigma of it never really translated.

In fact, I struggle to come up with childhood stories/products/traditions that neatly separated the audience into two groups: catering to the male stereotype vs catering to the female stereotype. For much of my life things were pretty homogeneous between what genders liked. Everyone pretty much played the same thing, or the next big thing.

Where gender lines were drawn in my case, is mostly centered around tradition and belief that we pay respect to on certain days or festivals of the year.
    Post edited by lifecircle on

• (Image is a link).
    Sorry, I made a link that's better.

• (Image is a link).
    Sorry, I made a link that's better.
    I have no idea what happened in that comic.
  • Give me a bit and I can translate the doujin. I have a game preview at 2, so it will be a bit later on.
  • OMG Rainbow Dash is a bokuko. That's adorable.
  • Haha, she would be.
  • edited October 2012
    Page 1

Panel 1
    -SFX- Wham!

Panel 2
    Twilight: For crying out loud, Rainbow Dash! When will you grow out of your nasty habit of bum-rushing everything?
    Dash: Ey, my bad! What can I say, speed becomes me.

Panel 3
    Dash: But forget that, we don't have time!
    Gilda's back! What's more...

Page 2

Panel 1
    Gilda: What's that you say about me?
    Dash: Augh, you followed me all the way here?

Panel 2
    Gilda: Dash! I told you if you said just one word of apology I'd forgive you everything that's happened up till now. Just one little word! If you want to hang with me again, I'm letting you off real easy.
    Dash: OH, COME ON! I'm telling you, nopony's asking you to!

Panel 3
    Dash: save me, Twilight! She's been like this ever since she suddenly showed up at my house this morning!
    Twilight: Umm...Gilda, didn't you break off your friendship with Rainbow of your own accord?

Panel 4
    Gilda: A lot of stuff happened between me and Dash, but I decided that rather than leaving it up to stubborn ol' Dash here, I'd be nice enough to make the concession. I guess you'd call it "acting like an adult?"
    *SFX* ahem!

Page 3

Panel 1
    Pinkie: HI TWILIGHT!
    Hey, I thought I saw something crash here a second ago and I thought maybe it was a falling star or...

Panel 2

Panel 3
    Pinkie: GILDA!
    (YAY!)

Panel 4
    Gilda: Pinkie Pie...
    (Ugh)

Panel 5
    *SFX* Bomp!
    PInkie: I haven't seen you in FOREVER!!!
    Gilda: OOOF!
    Dash SFX *Sneak*

Panel 6
    Gilda: Hey, Stoppit! I don't wanna be your pal, alright?
    Pinkie: Aww, you keep playing tough~
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Page 4

Panel 1
    Pinkie: You were really lonely without me, weren't you.
    Gilda *SFX* Shudder

Panel 2
    Gilda: STOP IT!
    *SFX* Raaar!
    Pinkie: Wow! A griffin's roar is so totally cool!

Panel 3
    Gilda: If you don't...
    *SFX*Swish
    Pinkie: Hooray, I love jump rope!

Panel 4
    Gilda: cut it out... *Mumph*!
    Pinkie: OMG, your eyes are totally sparkly and adorable.

Panel 5
    Gilda: Dash, you jerk! How could you call forth my greatest foe...!
    *SFX* Pry
    Dash: Dude, I didn't call her.

Page 5

Panel 1
    Pinkie: Oh gosh, that's right! Since Gilda's back we should totally have a PARTY!

Panel 2
    Gilda: eep...

Panel 3
    Gilda: NOooooooooooooooo!
    Pinkie: Ack! Gilda, wait!

Panel 4
    Pinkie: I wonder if she was disappointed it wasn't a surprised party.
    Twilight: So why did you come running to my place, anyway?
    Dash: Dunno, I thought maybe you could work some magic or something.
    Spike: You're lucky you had Stronger-than-Magic Pinkie Pie around to save your butt!
  • Gomily, you are the awesome.

• Page 6
    Pinkie: Let's play!
    Gilda: Go away!

Page 7

Panel 1
    Rarity: Oh, Fluttershy, how I absolutely adore taking these little strolls on our way to the beauty parlor. It's also perfect exercise.
    Fluttershy: Um, Yeah...Me too, Rarity!

Panel 2
    OC Pony: Hey look! That mare is so cute!
    The pegasus on the right!

Panel 4:
    Fluttershy: Oh, what's the matter, Rarity?
    Rarity: Oh, nothing...nothing at all.

Panel 5:
    OC Pony: That pegasus has such great hair.
    She must groom and style it every day!

Page 8
    Panel 1
    Rarity: Sniffle sniffle sniff
    Fluttershy: Um, Rarity, are you okay?
    Rarity: Yes I'm...

Panel 2
    Rarity: I'M NOT OKAAAAAAAAY!
    SFX: WAAAAAAAAH

Panel 3
    Rarity: When we walk down the street, You're the only one who gets to bask in everypony's admiration. After all, you are a graceful and charming little pony. If I compare the amount of attention I receive I might as well just be a pebble in the road for all they notice me!
    Fluttershy: That's not true...I...

Panel 4:
    Rarity: You're just lying to make me feel better!!!
    Fluttershy: B-but Rarity, let me say what I think...
  • edited October 2012
    Page 9

Panel 1
    Fluttershy: In my case, I've had experience as a professional model, which means ponies recognize me from the numerous magazines and advertisements they've seen me in, and I'd say most of these cases are just fad chasers making a fuss over sighting any sort of minor celebrity. I mean, I've always been very uncomfortable with standing out in public, and my personality has never been that of someone who makes an effort to put herself out in front, but of course, you know this, don't you?
    And Rarity, you keep talking about people admiring me, but there are definitely ponies praising your beautiful hair and impeccable style. You just seem not to have realized it. When you first overheard the whispers, you interpreted them to be negative slights against you, but if nothing else not a single critique of you was mentioned, so you shouldn't be so stressed out over this!

Panel 3
    Fluttershy: And I mean, when I want to be stylish, I get so much inspiration from you all the time!

Panel 4
    Rarity: You mean...

Panel 5
    Rarity: In other words, if I am the style inspiration for you, the target of everyone's affection, I must be absolutely fabulous! That's right! I am BEAUTIFUL!
    Fluttershy: I really like those bothersome aspects of you.
    Rarity: Huh? Did you say something?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited October 2012
    <3 Gomily
    I eagerly await further translation.

Also,
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Gomily just won at winning.

Guys. Guys. Grey De-fucking-Lisle. On MLP.