This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Who's that.
  • I'll get to work at inserting the dialog into the images.
  • Who's that.
    Leave.
  • Translated comic album. New pages will be uploaded as they are completed.
  • edited October 2012
    Gomily/Sonic 2012!
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited October 2012

Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I am having way too much fun with the font colors on this thing...
  • That Equi Magi Flutershy Magica opening is pretty decent, but Twilight Sparkle being in the transformation scene makes no sense to me. Wasn't the point of it to be a hint at the very last episode of the show?
  • It's a take on the Homura magica openning some other fan made, not the Madoka open itself.
  • Okay, I'm completely caught up with what Emily has translated so far. Link.

Sample:
  • The translation has soared to the top of the subreddit! Awesome stuff!
    MY KARMA! T_T
  • edited October 2012
    Who's that.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Grey+DeLisle

I did not know her but I definitely know a lot of her roles.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Who's that.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Grey+DeLisle

I did not know her but I definitely know a lot of her roles.
    I am Dutch and saw a lot of Disney (and cartoons) in Dutch. I'll assume she's good?
  • edited October 2012
    The translation has soared to the top of the subreddit! Awesome stuff!
    MY KARMA! T_T
    Your karma? My karma! T_T
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited October 2012
    I am Dutch and saw a lot of Disney (and cartoons) in Dutch. I'll assume she's good?
    She is good, especially in this type of show. Amusingly she was Pinkie Pie in this.
    Post edited by canine224 on
    MY KARMA! T_T
    Your karma? My karma! T_T
    ...What does karma mean?
    ...Also, uh...sorry for linking there. ^^;
  • As I understand it, karma is your score on reddit. When something you post to reddit gets popular, your karma goes up to do the upvotes the item gets.

Anyway, what do you think, Viga? You read more manga than I; does the type look good?
  • It fits the original, which is probably the best thing to aim for.
  • It's pretty decent. I can't see a real problem with it.
  • edited October 2012
    As I understand it, karma is your score on reddit. When something you post to reddit gets popular, your karma goes up to do the upvotes the item gets.

Anyway, what do you think, Viga? You read more manga than I; does the type look good?
    Your lettering is pretty good, except in the long paragraph Fluttershy is saying. You put in all in as if it's one big word bubble. It's actually 3. Separate it out into 3 parts centered if you can. The tension between the border and the last sentence is distracting too. Leave enough room around as well.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited October 2012
    I had wanted to do that, but there is just SO. MUCH. TEXT that if I had shrunk the font any more it would have been un-readable. Besides, in the original it's treated as a single bubble.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's on EqD.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • FRCF rules!
  • Yes. Yes we do.
  • Should have inserted a word bubble that said "By the way, listen to FNPL, it's great!"
  • Should have inserted a word bubble that said "By the way, listen to FNPL, it's great!"
    There's still time!
    Maybe I'll redo the dialogue on the whole thing as FNPL. I'm thinking I'll use the "suitcase full of blood" bit and have Luke be Pinkie, freaking us all out.
    Maybe I'll redo the dialogue on the whole thing as FNPL. I'm thinking I'll use the "suitcase full of blood" bit and have Luke be Pinkie, freaking us all out.
    I'm horrified, yet fascinated. If there's any pattern in the world, I think next, I'm meant to take you out to dinner and kiss you goodnight on the front steps.
  • Well, here's to entropy. <_<