This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• That's cute, but it's not at all "8-bit". It's pixel art, but most if it is at a much higher resolution than any 8-bit game ever was.
  • I fucking love this comic, thanks dude!

• Churba said:

I fucking love this comic, thanks dude!

No problem. image
  • This is pure gold. You're sitting on a gold mine here.
  • Rubble Bucket Challenge

• If there was ever to be a FRCF Cruise, it would be on this ship.
  • Sign me up.
  • Daikun said:
    I have to wonder what industries this does NOT happen in. I have honestly yet to talk to someone on the subject that has not been or seen people punished with more work and no gratitude (promotions) for doing the best they can. This is the very reason I left the delivery department. Upon asking why I was always given extra stops from other routes I was told because I could do them faster, so it cost the company less to give them to me then the person they should have been assigned to. I have seen countless people promoted because they were a inefficient worker so it helped the department to get them out of the labor force so someone better could be brought in.

Is there someone out there that does not see this happen?

• How can we get the most work and the best work done the cheapest?

Exploit workers.
  • Sounds like someone wants to play Puerto Rico.
  • That sort of seems like the shittiest thing possible, not so much a thing of the day.
  • Didn't think this was worth rezzing the Oppa Gangnam thread, and I didn't see it in there, so...
    Sp00ky scary style.
  • edited August 2014
    There's a guy in Chiba, Japan that's...well, they call him Chibatman.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • I am unreasonably happy that he decided to do the voice, too. He's not the hero Chiba needs, but it's the one they deserve.
  • He says that he's been doing it for ~3 years and just wants to see people smile. Mission accomplished.
  • I'll admit, I'm a tad worried about that cape on the trike. He gets that wrapped around a spinning part, and the joker wins, so to speak.
  • It looked like the two bottom corners of the cape attach to the Chibatpod in some way.
  • A live anime: Minari Diva.
    It's still not been translated, but it's not bad for what it is.
  • The Ghost in the Shell shirt on teefury right now makes me so happy.
  • edited August 2014
    Pegu said:

The Ghost in the Shell shirt on teefury right now makes me so happy.

That is super awesome and, if I had money, I would buy it.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Lacking a more appropriate place to put this coming to mind...

I've had dyslexia pretty much my whole life. To counter this, intuitively before I was diagnosed as suck only 6 years ago, I'd read voraciously as a counter to it. As I grew up and older, had to work more, had more pressures on my time, etc., I had to read far less than I was accustomed to. It's really had an impact on my reading speed.

I've decided it's time to change this. Henceforth, I'm spending at least an hour day reading, no excuses. Today, I began 2312 and got 41 pages in in my one hour. That's a pathetic speed, IMO, and I want to turn that ish around.