This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Rocket League

Comments

• MATATAT said:

Managed to get a legit aerial goal (as in the game recognizes it as an aerial goal). Part of it was just luck because I managed to hit it towards the goal and then two people ended up whiffing on it despite it kinda slowly going towards the goal. There's still plenty of times when I don't execute very well but I'm getting much better at managing aerial maneuvers.

I'm getting slightly more air over time. It's like learning to dunk a basketball, and jumping a little higher each week. I can reliably get somewhere between 7-10/10 on basic aerial training. Can't get much more than 1 or 2 on pro and 0 on All-Star.
  • Time to refuel. Huge patch being deployed now-ish.
  • Here are the major patch items I care about.

PC players can now filter PlayStation 4 players out of matchmaking search

Added “Find New Match” option to Ranked endgame screen

Season 1 has officially begun and all leaderboards have been reset
  • Played today and didn't suck! My team was consistently winning, and I was usually MVP or just below MVP point wise.

• I guess I didn't realize this but I was actually reading the patch notes for 1.05 and they made some changes to the Utopia Coliseum level, which was kinda jenky.

They fixed the lighting which is fantastic since it actually made issues IMO based on what side you started on. They defined the level boundaries better, which I personally never had issues with but I know at least my buddy would always get tricked up by it. They also apparently standardized the boost placements and starting positions more which is fairly significant since this was the one level that had really strange boost placements compared to the other levels.
  • Today's random rocket leauge tip from FNPL - Always aim with your center of gravity, the point the car rotates around in the air. Otherwise you'll miss, or worse, knock it in the wrong direction.
  • REALLY need my teammates boosting into me to try and beat me to my perfectly lined up shot.
    Literally every time I had a great shot lined up, some jackhole in a derpmobile with his boost levels set to hurrduur went blasting into my side or back, knocking the ball and I off course and ruining our point.
  • Does anyone else find themselves trying to do mario kart timing in the countdown?
  • Pegu said:

Does anyone else find themselves trying to do mario kart timing in the countdown?

• I swear they used the same sound effect or something.
  • edited September 2015
    Somehow I managed to win in a 3-on-1 game. My teammates for some reason left immediately. I think at first they kinda weren't trying but then when they realized they were gonna lose started trying to make up for it and failing miserably.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Got my ass back up to silver after a few shameful display games. Hopefully I can actually keep myself there and strive for gold soon.
  • Rocket_leauge.jpg

• edited September 2015
    Some top quality mashing here.

Post edited by Churba on
  • We now need the reverse: The Mad Max: Fury Road trailer with the Rocket League ball edited into it.
  • I pre-ordered a Steam Controller because of Rocket League. Apparently that gets you a free copy of... Rocket League. Also Portal 2. Obviously everyone already owns these two games, so what good are extra copies for gifting?
  • New kids are born every second and there are always those who do not yet have Portal 2 as unlikely as it seems.

Also even I don't have Rocket League. I've been thinking about it, but there are other games to keep me busy and if it truly is as good as it is, there are still players when the next Steam sale comes along.
  • I want free Portal 2.
  • I want free Portal 2.

You don't have Portal 2????
  • Never got round to it.
  • Never got round to it.

Get ready for SPACE
  • Thank you Rocket League for making all DLC packs purely cosmetic so I don't need to buy any of them, and so your game isn't ruined.
  • Also CS:GO!
  • I have a "lose team" (about 5 or so guys that play together) and would love for a forum bracket. We are anywhere from mid bronze to low silver. We are willing to help set it up.
  • I too have a Lose team. I call it "Any team that has the bad luck to have me."
  • Churba said:

I too have a Lose team. I call it "Any team that has the bad luck to have me."

Whoops, I meant "loose team". There is a another reason Swype sucks.
  • Churba said:

I too have a Lose team. I call it "Any team that has the bad luck to have me."

Whoops, I meant "loose team".
    Trust me, I didn't.