This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon Farming

edited May 2007 in Video Games
I'm starting this thread so the Pokemon players can request "farmed" Pokemon. The way I see it Railith and I will likely be the biggest Pokemon breeders on the forums so we might as well use this thread to request Pokemon.

I have one of everything from the pre-Pearl/Diamond pokedex. Some of the more rare ones are cracked copies I got from buying used games at the game store and raiding the cartridges. I also used Pokemon Box and two memory cards to store my massive Pokemon collection. Too bad for me my Pokemon Box is from England and requires a "cheat disk" to get my GameCube to run it. This means I can not use it in my Wii. I would buy the NTSC version but it often sells for $200+ on eBay. I got my British version for $20+shipping.

As to the "hacked" rare ones, I can at least trade it to you and then back again so that you can then try to get one via GTS.

In regards to Pokemon that can breed (I have Dittos) I can get you any "early" evolution you want. I do not have an unlimited supply of evolution items (stones, upgrades, metal coats, everstones, etc...) so don't expect evolved forms. It will be up to you to find the relevant evolution item.

At this point I have almost completed migrating all of the starter Pokemon from the various games to my copy of Pearl. I also have a wide selection of Eevees that I can trade away. I'm not looking for much but there are some things I am looking for:

1) All the different Unown letters.
2) The Burmies.
3) Male/female variants of many Pokemon.
4) Anything I have not imported from my other games.

See, I don't want to entirely empty out my older games (not that I could considering I have several thousand Pokemon in my Pokemon Box alone) and unless the new Wii Pokemon game has some sort of Pokemon Box feature I'll probably only migrate enough Pokemon to breed with.

So, if you need something just post what you want in this thread.

Comments

• Not currently, but I'm sure when I've completed my game and start building my team, I'll have some
  • I just realized something else. Some of you have not played the Ruby/Saphire/Emerald games and you need the three "Regi" Pokemon to unlock one of the Legendaries in the new game.

I think what I will do is take one of each from my vast collection and name them after three forum members. We can then trade these three Pokemon among us so we will all be able to unlock that particular legendary Pokemon.

Afterwards we can probably use them as "Trophies" In our Geeknights Pokemon battle tournaments!

You may be wondering, "How can he rename them? You can't rename traded Pokemon!" Well, I did restart my Ruby game recently (only three badges) and I don't think I bothered to catch them in my current Emerald game. So, they are there to be caught and given forum names!
  • Yeah I need to catch the Regis myself. It's really hard to go back to the GBA games after D/P.
  • So, do we have any nominations for the names of the three Regis?

Regiice
    Registeel
    Regirock
  • Hey, Steve -- do you like Pokemon? I was just wondering.
  • Hey, Steve -- do you like Pokemon? I was just wondering.
    No, I lurv them :)
  • Vanilla is the only apropiate name for Regiice.
  • Just call two of them Rym and Scott.
    Here, I'll send Scott over to you and you can send Rym.
  • I'm hatching three Chimchars today. Anyone want them?
  • I gotta say, I just finished my first wi-fi trade. It's kind of silly up in there. I traded a crappy Budew that I caught in a Pokeball and didn't train at all. In return, I got the HootHoot I wanted. Who the hell made that trade and why?
  • There are whole threads on the crappiness of wi-fi trades.

Some Pokemon that seem worthless are part of the "foreign" pokedex information project. Because of this they are more valuable on wi-fi than they might seem. Magikarp is the best example of this.

These Pokemon are as follows:

Ekans
    Pikachu
    Psyduck
    Ponyta
    Staryu
    Magikarp
    Wobbuffet
    Heracross
    Sneasel
    Teddiursa
    Houndour
    Wingull
    Slakoth
    Roselia
  • edited May 2007
    Probably a japanese. Pokemon with english names are considered "cool" out there ;)
    Post edited by Daven on
  • I got my Turtwig from a japanese trader, tha name was in japanese but once it evolved it was back into english :(
  • yes I had the same problem :(

My Dialga will always keep it though ! :)
  • So, you traded a Dialga, what did you give instead?
    I had to catch mine it was a pain, but I still like my Empoleon better.
  • edited May 2007
    I traded a Jirachi for it ;)
    I have Pearl so it was the only way for me to get it.

I had 3 I traded from the bonus disk by creating new games. If I have known at that time I would have kept the bonus disk, gave it to my nephew hehe.
    Post edited by Daven on
  • I wonder how can I get a Palkia if I am never gonna see one. Because as I know that in order to trade one you have to first see it.
  • I wonder how can I get a Palkia if I am never gonna see one. Because as I know that in order to trade one you have to first see it.
    The old lady in Celestic Town will show you a picture of it.
  • Oh sweet, I'm off to trade Magikarps and Psyducks for the other two starters!

If that doesn't work I might still be up for one of those Chimchar you're hatching, Steve.
  • edited May 2007
    I'm hatching three Chimchars today. Anyone want them?
    I'd like to get a chimbar if possible. Do u think you can hatch a ditto for me please? I'd really appreciate that :)
    Thanks
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited May 2007
    something weird happened on the previous post :P
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I can hatch a Ditto but it is not part of the Shinnoh Pokedex.
  • So it looks like the only way to catch a Ditto is to transfer it from a previous game :(

Also, thank you Daven I got the picture of Palkia, now it seems that I have to say goodbye to a rare pokeman in order to get it :(, my Empoleon maybe I hope it does not come to this.
  • So it looks like the only way to catch a Ditto is to transfer it from a previous game :(

Also, thank you Daven I got the picture of Palkia, now it seems that I have to say goodbye to a rare pokeman in order to get it :(, my Empoleon maybe I hope it does not come to this.
    Not true. I caught my Ditto in Pearl.

Not true. I caught my Ditto in Pearl.
    Awesome, so in what part of the map did you find it?
  • Awesome, so in what part of the map did you find it?
    ...To be honest, I completely forgot. I KNOW I caught it on Pearl, since I don't have the GBA versions anymore. I'd tell you if I knew, though. I'm incredibly sorry.
  • Ditto is a swarming pokemon that you have to talk to Dawn's sister to know if it's appearing or not if memory serves.
  • Awesome, so in what part of the map did you find it?
    ...To be honest, I completely forgot. I KNOW I caught it on Pearl, since I don't have the GBA versions anymore. I'd tell you if I knew, though. I'm incredibly sorry.
    Not to worry just got to you pokedesk and get the location from there :P
    If you would that for me it would be awesome :D
  • I just checked my pokedex for Ditto and they tell me Route 218, try it with the Poké Radar.

If it doesn't work they must be swarms like said earlier ;)
  • edited May 2007
    I'm breeding Bulbasaur today. Anyone want one?

One Bulbasaur gone. I've got three left.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on