This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So, what does everyone here look like???

Comments

I was one of the Cosplay MCs for Naka-kon. The job had its perks.
  • Indeed. A very perky job, it would appear.
  • Is the cameraman taking her picture, or your reaction?
  • edited March 2009
    Considering it was one of my friends who took this picture, he may have been going for my reaction. The cameraman in the photo was aiming for her, though.
    There were four 'stopping marks' for the entrants, and one happened to be behind my head. I did my best to turn around to face them when they walked out and also step out of the way for folks with cameras in the front row.
    EDIT: I just found the picture taken by the 'in-frame' photographer. It's here on Flickr.
    Post edited by ColdfireSerge on
  • Please excuse the extremely poor quality of the following images as they were taken from my crappy laptop intergrated camera. It's the best I've got so I had to make due with what I had.

imageHere is what I normally look like with my spectacles on. Note the big "stache" on my face which also explains why my mangatar has a mustache there too.

imageHere is what I look like sans glasses.
  • Umm.. Do you have a mullet?
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2009
    Umm.. Do you have a mullet?
    Actually, that was a mistake on my part. When I went for my most recent haircut, the barber got it wrong and I got into a pretty big disagreement, the results of which I don't care to discuss. I don't usually have a mullet, so this isn't normal. A better post will come someday.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I finally put a more recent picture of myself on teh Internets. Is it good?

Me
  • edited March 2009
    Try that again but light it from just one side, the light is so even it makes everything look flat and stand out.
    Edit: You could also try placing something matte black just off to the side.
    You could also try that smiling thing everyone seems to think is all the rage nowadays.

If all else fails, just do some stuff while the camera is set to take pictures constantly, you'll get one good one.
    Edit: Maybe, you could do so while recording.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • If all else fails, just do some stuff while the camera is set to take pictures constantly, you'll get one good one.
    That's what I did. I actually did it awhile ago, but didn't bother to look at the results until now.
  • Ok. Take a look at the other things and maybe get someone else to take the pictures and give you advice as they're taking them.
    You're SO clean cut like the guy a girl could take home to ma. :P You look nice.
  • edited March 2009
    I finally put a more recent picture of myself on teh Internets. Is it good?
    I know we've said this a lot before, but you look a hell of a lot like Rowan Atkinson. Well, Mr. Bean, anyhow.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • you look a hell of a lot like Rowan Atkinson. Well, Mr. Bean, anyhow.
    Not really. If you want to compare him to a celebrity, yes, Rowan Atkinson in the role of Mr. Bean is what Scott looks most similar too, but nothing 'a hell of a lot like'.

@Scott, it's a fine picture. That tartan blouse looks good on you.
  • for one and all
    Original author found here
    Take some time, think of the lighting, you don't need fancy lights to take a flattering picture just some time and some setup.
  • edited March 2009
    Here is what I normally look like with my spectacles on. Note the big "stache" on my face which also explains why my mangatar has a mustache there too.
    Someday you will meet a nice girl who, one summer at the Jersey shore, blurts out that she does not adore your big 70's mustache, and then, one by one, all your female friends will concur, since the silence has been broken. You will then shave it off, and leave the past behind, looking 10 years younger, but occasionally wistfully missing that big furry thing that used to adorn your upper lip.
    Not really. If you want to compare him to a celebrity, yes, Rowan Atkinson in the role of Mr. Bean is what Scott looks most similar too, but nothing 'a hell of a lot like'.

@Scott, it's a fine picture. That tartan blouse looks good on you.
    It's not a blouse. Blouses are for women. It's a regular dress shirt.
    People used to try to tease Scott by calling him Mr. Bean, but he thought it was funny.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited March 2009
    Such women are not worth your time. ^_Q
    If Scott can pull off a decent reenactment for Welcome to Hell, then looking like Rowan Atkinson will be well worth it.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    Nothing wrong with a stache
  • It's not a blouse. Blouses are for women. It's a regular dress shirt.
    Really? We just call them blouses, they're not only for women. It's probably related to the fact that we don't call clothing "dress ...".
    Nowadays, in colloquial use, blouse refers almost always to a woman's shirt that buttons down the front.
    Aha. Silly Americanish.
    Really? We just call them blouses, they're not only for women. It's probably related to the fact that we don't call clothing "dress ...".
    WRONG! we call them overhemdden.
    WRONG! We actually call them Camisas
  • WRONG! we call themoverhemden.
    One 'd', and they're the same thing. They are interchangeable, or at least, have been used that way in my personal experiences, and there is nothing wrong with said usage.
  • Well, "blouse" translated to Spanish is "blusa" and "shirt" is "camisa", at least in Spanish, blusa is a female garment, camisa is a male garment, camiseta is for both (meaning t-shirt). So I'd have to agree that blouse is a female garment.
  • edited March 2009
    Such women are not worth your time. ^_Q
    Yeah, I guess Rym shoulda dumped me, then. That's a personal anecdote.

Mustaches go on old men. I like them on old men. On young guys they make them look like a nascar scrub, or someone who should be wearing a polyester suit at the disco. They are not nice to kiss.
    If you MUST have facial hair go for a nicely trimmed beard.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Such women are not worth your time. ^_Q
    Yeah, I guess Rym shoulda dumped me, then. That's a personal anecdote.

Mustaches go on old men. I like them on old men. On young guys they make them look like a nascar scrub, or someone who should be wearing a polyester suit at the disco. They are not nice to kiss.
    If you MUST have facial hair go for a nicely trimmed beard.
    Facial hair is mostly something you can find a middle ground. I look god awful without a beard for example, but I've shaved off the mustache when asked to, it's no biggie, but you are also generalizing, some people like the facial hair as well.
    Looking pretty good, Scott. Not too shabby at all.
  • edited March 2009
    I finally put a more recent picture of myself on teh Internets. Is it good?
    Looking pretty good, Scott. Not too shabby at all.
    Agreed. Not to bad at all, although I liked the bug thingy better as your avatar.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • she does not adore your big 70's mustache, and then, one by one, all your female friends will concur,
    I grew a mustache on a dare once, and one of my female friends told me that she trusted me less.
  • she does not adore your big 70's mustache, and then, one by one, all your female friends will concur,
    I grew a mustache on a dare once, and one of my female friends told me that she trusted me less.
    Fine, I'll get rid of it. The stache will go away someday, maybe in a year or even half a year.
  • The 'stache would look better if your haircut matched it. It's also a noticeably lighter shade than the rest of your hair. You might consider dyeing either your head hair or the 'stache to match.