This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So, what does everyone here look like???

Comments

• For myself, I feel that when you where Uggs or boots like them, they are meant to keep your feet very warm. I feel it negates the whole outfit when you are wearing a dress, skirt, or shorts and you wear those boots.

I can never understand it. I understand the appeal for leg warmers with skirts and what not, but not Uggs.

I feel they should just go over jeans/pants and the setting should be in a cold area, likely with snow.
  • Uggs + skirt is effectively the same as leg warmers + skirt. I mean, they both succeed at keeping your calves warm.

Also, they're both really cute.
  • I know they can be, I just find them to not look right or aesthetically appealing to me.
  • Uggs have a time and a place. Crocs do not.
  • edited December 2011
    This is where we disagree. Crocs are comfy and I find them to look cute. I thought about getting the ones that are lined on the inside, but I don't really need them. But we've had this conversation before.

In the end, I am right, and you all are wrong. (*`へ´*)
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • This is where we disagree. Crocs are comfy and I find them to look cute. I thought about getting the ones that are lined on the inside, but I don't really need them. But we've had this conversation before.

In the end, I am right, and you all are wrong. (*`へ´*)
    Show me one picture of someone wearing crocs that isn't dorky tourist family on the beach.

Crocs do have a place, they're great shower shoes in college.

Just as a note: I have not, and will not ever own a pair of Crocs. My roommate has a pair and he can attest to the amazingness as shower shoes.

Uggs have no time and no place. Like Crocs, they're the comic sans of footwear!

• Show me one picture of someone wearing crocs that isn't dorky tourist family on the beach.
    I think it must be they only look good on Asians thing.

Crocs fashion show. =P

Popular in China.

Another asian girl wearing crocs.
  • All the pictures you showed of Crocs looking good were people wearing Crocs brand shoes that were not standard Crocs. All the people that were wearing the typical Croc were not looking so good.
  • Crocs are good for hanging out in your front yard. Living in a family of smokers I have seen the need for a shoe that's fast to just slip in your feet when you go out to have a smoke. But to take Crocs outside out your yard I don't encourage.
  • Living in a family of smokers I have seen the need for a shoe that's fast to just slip in your feet when you go out to have a smoke.
    I'd prefer a sturdy pair of flip-flops for that.
  • I feel they should just go over jeans/pants and the setting should be in a cold area, likely with snow.
    You can't actually wear those kind with snow or rain. They aren't waterproof and don't hold up to getting wet. It specifically tells you that on the website. Even the soles are shitty foam ones. You gotta get the good stuff for actual winter wear. My winter boots are Uggs, but they are the Snowpeaks.

Crocs also have a time and place. That time is summer 4 years ago and that place was anywhere you didn't need to run. Uggs' time and place is now when you're essentially spending the day at home but need to go outside to get the paper or walk the dog or something.

• I apologize if I have given offense. I just don't like the way Uggs look. I've seen some stunningly beautiful women wearing them and it just makes me >_< .
  • I apologize if I have given offense. I just don't like the way Uggs look. I've seen some stunningly beautiful women wearing them and it just makes me >_< .
    Could be worse. There are men's Uggs now, as modeled by Tom Brady.
    I have Ugg brand sliippers. They were highest rated on Zappos. They aren't Ugg style, but they are made by the same company. They are great.

I like big boots and short skirts. That's a cute fashion in my opinion.

• I like the look too, but I just don't like how Uggs look with it.
  • I have Ugg brand sliippers. They were highest rated on Zappos. They aren't Ugg style, but they are made by the same company. They are great.
    That's cool. Didn't know about those, but then again I don't wear slippers (except for maybe flipflops when I have to walk on a cold floor).
    I also find it cute on ladies.

And a long jacket.

• I didn't know Uggs had a name or were something I was meant to not like. Hence I really like the style of Anrild above.
    There was always Men's Uggs.
  • I didn't know Uggs had a name or were something I was meant to not like. Hence I really like the style of Anrild above.
    Yay~ someone who doesn't have an opinion of me based on the style of my shoes!

I started an argument over shoes I don't even take seriously. Shoe-trolling?
  • My slippers

http://www.zappos.com/ugg-ascot-charcoal
    >Sees US size 18.
    >Goes to find a converter.
    >Most converters can't handle UK Size 17/18
  • My slippers

http://www.zappos.com/ugg-ascot-charcoal
    >Sees US size 18.
    >Goes to find a converter.
    >Most converters can't handle UK Size 17/18
    There's a link to a size chart right there on the page. This is why I always complain at people like Rym being slow and not knowing how to use the Internets.
  • edited December 2011
    Scott, you didn't read properly, I have size 17 UK feet. That chart tops at 14 UK.

Y'know, don't worry about it.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Scott, you didn't read properly, I have size 17 UK feet. That chart tops at 14 UK.

Y'know, don't worry about it.
    Clown shoes are your only option.

• On a humorous side note: My mother (A teacher by trade.) has on more than one occasion taken my old shoes into classes to use as props under the guise of them being giant's shoes.