This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So, what does everyone here look like???

Comments

• It's true - Omnom's feet are of particularly impressive size.
  • Wow... And I thought my cousin Danny had trouble finding shoes here.
  • Jeebus, and I thought Jeremy's size 14s were ridonkulously huge. My condolences.
  • Did those feet come with any mutant superpowers? Can you walk on walls or something?
  • edited December 2011
    I apologize if I have given offense. I just don't like the way Uggs look. I've seen some stunningly beautiful women wearing them and it just makes me >_< .
    I like big boots and short skirts. That's a cute fashion in my opinion.

Something like a cowboy boot or riding boot or another kind of boot is fine. I don't know what it is but Uggs just make me cringe. You know how some people just don't like clowns, even though all they are are people with makeup and odd clothes and shoes? Same principle at play here.
    There was always Men's Uggs.
    Indeed. I was given a pair about.......9 years ago? They were ok, IMO. I'd rather have gotten a slipper a la what Scott mentioned but those didn't exist at the time.
    Yay~ someone who doesn't have an opinion of me based on the style of my shoes!
    My opinion of Uggs does not color my opinion of you. You're still adorbz! Downright cute, I'd say!
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • Yay~ someone who doesn't have an opinion of me based on the style of my shoes!
    I like to make all of my judgments based solely on footwear. It's nothing personal.

• I don't think anyone was judging you, just making a discussion on footwear preferences.
  • Yay~ someone who doesn't have an opinion of me based on the style of my shoes!
    I like to make all of my judgments based solely on footwear. It's nothing personal.
    I don't think anyone was judging you, just making a discussion on footwear preferences.
    I didn't think anyone actually was, I just think the extreme tendency of Uggs to strike up a conversation/argument is really amusing. They're silly slipper shoes and I can understand both the people who like them and the people who think they're stupid. It's funny to me that just wearing them starts discussions.
  • edited December 2011
    Uggs have a time and a place. Crocs do not.
    False. Crocs are useful a hospital setting and nowhere else.

Also, Uggs + short skirts = adorbz. Uggz+leggings+hoody = Not adorbz. The former is cute, the latter is like the U of I sorority uniform, and it's gross.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Uggs have a time and a place. Crocs do not.
    False. Crocs are useful a hospital setting and nowhere else.
    I thought that was just a Scrubs joke about how JD has terrible taste in footwear.

• It's funny to me that just wearing them starts discussions.
    Well, you looked really cute in your skirt and Uggs. You basically pulled off the Internet version of stopping traffic.

• It's funny to me that just wearing them starts discussions.
    Well, you looked really cute in your skirt and Uggs. You basically pulled off the Internet version of stopping traffic.

I came to this thread because there were 50 new posts and I thought people were dressing up as Santa or having some other form of costume contest/photo challenge.

Nope, just Anrild, being pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    I came to this thread because there were 50 new posts and I thought people were dressing up as Santa or having some other form of costume contest/photo challenge.
    This can be arranged.

Post edited by Sail on
  • I came to this thread because there were 50 new posts and I thought people were dressing up as Santa or having some other form of costume contest/photo challenge.
    This can be arranged.
    Best holiday photo of a forumite posted before Jan. 1, 2012 gets a free T-shirt!

• Alright, I'm Santa.

I brought you meat. What do I win?
  • Unless that cow was a member of this forum, your photo isn't eligible. :P

Also, don't you already have a shirt from me? If not, why?
  • All I want for Christmas is Snickers Wine.
    You better not pout, you better not cry, you better drink up I'm telling you why, Snickers wine is coming for you.
    You better not pout, you better not cry, you better drink up I'm telling you why, Snickers wine is coming for you.
    And your heart valves.

• Unless that cow was a member of this forum, your photo isn't eligible. :P

Also, don't you already have a shirt from me? If not, why?
    Actually, I don't believe I do.

• Well, you looked really cute in your skirt and Uggs. You basically pulled off the Internet version of stopping traffic.
    Niiice. Thanks.

Nope, just Anrild, being pretty.
    First of all, BRILLIANT IDEA.

Second of all, I... have so much love for you right now for saying I'm "pretty" instead of "cute" or "adorable". Because yeah, being adorable and cute is nice, and it's a compliment, and I appreciate it...
    But when it's what you get 95% of the time, you just sometimes hope for something a little different. So being called "pretty" means a lot. Thank you.

• Whenever I call a woman anything but cute, I usually get slapped and/or looked at oddly. o_O
  • Whenever I call a woman anything but cute, I usually get slapped and/or looked at oddly. o_O
    Hahaha, yeah. I feel like cute/adorable is the just the "safe" compliment that guys default to when they're afraid of coming off too strong. Which probably just contributes it to becoming an overly weak compliment in the end.

• Solution being man up and say what we think?
  • edited December 2011
    I generally feel like cute and pretty are boring/overused. Instead, I try to go a bit over the top with "stunning," "brilliant," "charming," or any compliment that I would attribute to an early-20th-century gentleman, so it can be written off as me being silly instead of possibly just awkward.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited December 2011
    Solution being man up and say what we think?
    Now, let's not start talking crazy here ^_~

Post edited by Sail on
  • In related news, Anrild, you look positively divine.
  • edited December 2011
    I generally feel like cute and pretty are boring/overused. Instead, I try to go a bit over the top with "stunning," "brilliant," "charming," or any compliment that I would attribute to an early-20th-century gentleman, so it can be written off as me being silly instead of possibly just awkward.
    Similar motivation, but tried to walk a finer line - Imply strong compliment, without outright speaking a compliment. As much as I've nothing but nice things to say about Anrild, we are not terribly familiar, and nor is it my place to give compliments that might feel awkward or uncomfortable to her, and I don't know her well enough to know where those points are. I also don't want to give the impression that I'm being creepy or actually hitting on her(Flirting is simply friendly, though). This way, she has a simple out, and while a compliment is strongly implied, it isn't outright spoken, and then can be gracefully ignored or dismissed with a simple reply as she feels is necessary.

I put way too much thought into social interactions. Weird. Allows me to keep a bit of distance, though, which is kinda nice, I like a bit of distance. Polite, gentlemanly, Arm's length.

Post edited by Churba on
  • I generally feel like cute and pretty are boring/overused. Instead, I try to go a bit over the top with "stunning," "brilliant," "charming," or any compliment that I would attribute to an early-20th-century gentleman, so it can be written off as me being silly instead of possibly just awkward.
    Similar motivation, but tried to walk a finer line - Imply strong compliment, without outright speaking a compliment. As much as I've nothing but nice things to say about Anrild, we are not terribly familiar, and nor is it my place to give compliments that might feel awkward or uncomfortable to her, and I don't know her well enough to know where those points are. I also don't want to give the impression that I'm being creepy or actually hitting on her(Flirting is simply friendly, though).

I put way too much thought into social interactions.

I am this, plus a little.
  • I put way too much thought into social interactions. Weird.
    I don't think it's that weird, I think it's just one of those things that people don't really talk about. Because we're all perfect human beings who can participate in all social interactions flawlessly and naturally without any effort, right!?