This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Metal" is the best thread title here.

Comments

• New Sabbath leaked, holy shit is it better than I expected.
    Is it just my copy or is this mix terrible?
  • edited June 2013
    There's a new TesseracT album out today. It's quite a bit different from their previous outing. The instrumentation is still top notch but the vocals are... uhh.. new?
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods leaked. So far (on track 4), pretty good.

• Just fucking listen to it. Then get the whole album.
  • THIS. THIS IS THE SHIT.
  • Indeed I've been listening to it pretty constantly throughout the week. They'll be playing near my apartment in a couple weeks. I'm thinking I will go see them.
  • So I've been listening to a lot of Iron Maiden again. Can somebody explain to me why "Murders in the Rue Morgue" did not become one of their greatest hits? The song is never counted among their more known songs and it hasn't appeared on any of their compilation albums either, and they have like six of those damn things.
  • Guys, I...I need help.

I feel lost.

I just finished Deceiver of the Gods...and it was boring. Exceeding in its mediocrity.

Am I broken? Am I just in the wrong mood?

help plz
  • edited July 2013
    I usually give metal I find boring another shot a week later. I mean, bad metal, trashy metal, or metal that takes itself too seriously for me to enjoy, I can filter that stuff out immediately. But if I'm not engaging with an album, half the time it's because I'm in the wrong headspace, not because it's not engaging, and it sucks me in on the second try. The other half of the time, I see why I didn't like it and drop it before the first song is done.

Wait a few days and try again.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Guys, I...I need help.

I feel lost.

I just finished Deceiver of the Gods...and it was boring. Exceeding in its mediocrity.

Am I broken? Am I just in the wrong mood?

help plz
    It's not great, and honestly neither was Surtur Rising. They peaked with With Oden On Our Side and Twilight of the Thunder God.
  • Revocation is rapidly becoming my new favourite metal band.

• Metallica's older works seem quaint by today's standards.
  • They are. Mad respect and all, but pretty much everything written prior to 1988 has been outclassed.
  • They are. Mad respect and all, but pretty much everything written prior to 1988 has been outclassed.
    To be fair, that's 25 years ago. I'd hope the state of the art has advanced in that much time.
  • edited August 2013
    They are. Mad respect and all, but pretty much everything written prior to 1988 has been outclassed.
    To be fair, that's 25 years ago. I'd hope the state of the art has advanced in that much time.
    Indeed! This is a thing to celebrate! Metallica (and the other 3 to a lesser extent) did their job - innovated in the day, and inspired a generation of artists to surpass them.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • A couple months late, but Soilwork's latest album sounds excellent.

• I for my part still love late 80s/early 90s thrash metal. Hell, I bought "Among the Living" by Anthrax only last week.
  • Anthrax is definitely quaint.
  • I don't know what to think of Dream Theater's new single.
  • They said a couple of years ago that the new album would be a continuation of the Sex Tapes sound, and that this is. But damn is it a good track, self consistent and spaced out enough to not be at 11 all of the time, which was my only complain with Scurrilous. I'm glad I backed this one up on their indiegogo campaign.
  • edited October 2013
    Just discovered this artist and I'm already in love. If you like Animals as Leaders or Cloudkicker, check it
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Cloudkicker
    Sold.
  • edited October 2013
    Best. Music. Video. Ever.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Was listening to that Angel Vivaldi album today. It's HOT! HOT I SAY!
  • THIS ALBUM
  • I am dangerously close to preordering the $85 bundle - the cheapest one with the bathrobe and flask.
  • Metal bands per capita:

No surprises here.
  • edited October 2013
    ANOTHER ONE

Lyric writing isn't the best but GOD DAMN Rody can sing.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on