This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Metal" is the best thread title here.

Comments

• Hevy Devy is best entertainer!
  • New BTBAM in two days. Brace for impact.
  • New BTBAM in two days. Brace for impact.
    My body is ready.

Hey, that probably means BTBAM tour real soon.

• For Pete
    Wait, is that what Devin Townsend looks like nowadays?
  • edited October 2012
    I found a leaked copy on the Internet. People were saying it was better than Colors, which is just blasphemy. It's good, but not that good. If you consider yourself a metal fan and have not listened to all of the Colors in its entirety you would be doing yourself a great disservice.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • For Pete
    Wait, is that what Devin Townsend looks like nowadays?
  • edited October 2012
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • So she's offended that they did a show without her? This quote bothers me:
    "Rihanna wouldn’t ask Britney Spears to sing for her if she was ill.”

Rihanna is a solo act. Nightwish is a band. Sorry, Anette.
  • edited October 2012
    So she's offended that they did a show without her? This quote bothers me:
    "Rihanna wouldn’t ask Britney Spears to sing for her if she was ill.”

Rihanna is a solo act. Nightwish is a band. Sorry, Anette.
    Can they please just start writing some sick instrumental stuff now? I'd love to hear them take a slightly more riff-oriented direction, should they take the main spotlight off the vocals.

Though in all fairness, Imaginareum was a glorious album.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • They should get Anneke Van Giersbergen, who can do both the poppy and extremely powerful vocals, such as her vocal lines in Angel from Devin Townsend's Epicloud. Her part in that song blew my mind.
  • They should get Anneke Van Giersbergen, who can do both the poppy and extremely powerful vocals, such as her vocal lines in Angel from Devin Townsend's Epicloud. Her part in that song blew my mind.
    +1

I think Devy must be in a better place now than he was in SYL - he actually looks YOUNGER than he used to, even with the shaved head. In the skinnier skullet days, he looked like some old, deranged, strung-out mountain-dwelling loner.

• ...he looked like some old, deranged, strung-out mountain-dwelling loner.
    He's said as much himself actually, he cited that as one of the many reasons he stopped strapping. I'm excited for his new record though (even more than I was for Epicloud) It has the female vocalist from Ki, as well as MORGAN FUCKING AGREN, who is probably the best drummer I've seen him working with. He set it akin to Haunted Johnny Cash music.

I do have to thank you, Pete. If it wasn't for that Vampira video you linked to years ago, I would have never found out about this man. He even took over Dream Theater as my favorite artist, and they were firmly planted there since my middle school days. ._.;
  • This song is godly.
  • It's absolutely overpowering in the live show. Grace is similarly epic.
  • http://www.riseofadigitalnation.com/
    Looks like track 10 is "Hero" which is my favorite Machinae Supremacy song ever, and one of my favorite songs ever period. Apparently they re-recorded it, but didn't modify the song at all. Didn't really need modifying. Oh yes.
  • Metal is my favorite to see at the top of the forum.
    Dat time signature:
  • I fucking love Cloudkicker.
    I love how Cloudkicker has progressed, Ben has really kicked himself up a notch. Fade is probably one of my favorite releases this year.
    Agreed.

• Guys, Geeknights episode. Interview Ben Sharp.
  • Guys, Geeknights episode. Interview Ben Sharp.
    Pete and I should do a guest episode on metal. :P
  • edited October 2012
    I am on a ridiculous Necrophagist kick right now.

I want need demand more.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • somehow this happened.
  • edited January 2013
    BAD IMAGE GOES HERE
    Machinae Supremacy knows what's up.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • So according to Mastodon's Facebook page, they're writing and recording a new song for Monsters University.

There is going to be a Mastodon song in a Pixar movie.

I am so fucking stoked.
  • edited January 2013
    Protest the Hero is funding their next album through IndieGogo . They met their goal in less than 24 hours. They have an awesome vid and the prizes are pretty sweet as well.

Post edited by Andrew on
  • Aww shit I'm so stoked I had to take a cold shower after I read that.