This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• Right. And how many teams would trade whoever they took first and second (and some third!) that year for Dangeruss? I bet at least half the league takes that trade. Now there's another guy that fits roughly the same mold...
  • I wish I could just lock this thread until September. It's puck season. Even when that's over, it's ball season. No handeggs while it's still warm out.
  • Just change the title to "It's puckstick season" and then after the Stanley Cup to "It's ballstick season".
  • Starfox said:

Right. And how many teams would trade whoever they took first and second (and some third!) that year for Dangeruss? I bet at least half the league takes that trade. Now there's another guy that fits roughly the same mold...

Valid point. I really just don't want to see Mariota on the Eagles.

Part of me wants to see Chip Kelly succeed, but mostly fail. NFC East will definitely be interesting to watch.
    Apreche said:

I wish I could just lock this thread until September. It's puck season. Even when that's over, it's ball season. No handeggs while it's still warm out.

So much hate. Eventually Washington state is going to get an NHL team. I've been hearing news of a new stadium/rink being built. Perhaps then, I'll fully go in on hockey fandom. But I just want more football in my life.

• Seattle deserves a hockey team way more than most of the South does.
  • An unsurprising result from the deflated balls thing. A fine, a suspension, and two lost draft picks.
  • I love how Brady gets more games than a serial wife beater. Goodell is a joke.
  • Also fucked up that the Jets and the Bills get a Bradyless Pats squad and the Dolphins do not. I'm frankly surprised he got 4 games. I thought they'd wimp out and give him a game or 2.
  • I don't really follow football all that much unless I'm watching a game with friends. But even though I live in New England, last year I decided to cast my lot in with the Bengals.

There's nothing like starting at the bottom; being the lone voice saying, "This year is the year of the Tiger!" when they announced Brady's suspension as everyone rolls their eyes.

And one year they WILL go the distance, and then who's gonna be the crazy one??
  • edited May 2015
    UncleUlty said:

I don't really follow football all that much unless I'm watching a game with friends. But even though I live in New England, last year I decided to cast my lot in with the Bengals.

There's nothing like starting at the bottom; being the lone voice saying, "This year is the year of the Tiger!" when they announced Brady's suspension as everyone rolls their eyes.

The Cubs have been saying that for over a hundred years now, though...
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • UncleUlty said:

I don't really follow football all that much unless I'm watching a game with friends. But even though I live in New England, last year I decided to cast my lot in with the Bengals.

And one day it will be true!
  • UncleUlty said:

UncleUlty said:

And one day it will be true!
    That's not true. MLB will not last forever. It's entirely possible that of all the finite number of World Series that remain, the Cubs do not win any of them.
  • Look at this Mets fan over here who doesn't believe in the underdog. ;-)
  • UncleUlty said:

Look at this Mets fan over here who doesn't believe in the underdog. ;-)

Low expectations are the key. If you have hope, that's when you get disappointment.

Super Bowl XLII, I said we had no chance. Miracle win.

Super Bowl XLVI, I said last time was a miracle, we have no chance. Won anyway.

A few nights ago, game 5, well, here is the last game we'll see this season. Guess not.

Yesterday, I guess this is the last hockey game this season. Guess not.

Wednesday is definitely the last Rangers game we will see this season.
  • Ma boy OBJ is on the Madden cover. Big Blue's season is over before it even started.
  • Sherman was on it last year. While he got an injury towards the end of the season, he only needed physical therapy.

Madden Curse only happens to people who are unworthy. :P
  • I seem to remember Seattle suffering a bitter, nail-biting defeat during the Superbowl. Fucking Madden.
  • edited May 2015
    LOL.(DIAF) I thought it was a curse upon the player and not the team.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Rochelle said:

LOL.(DIAF) I thought it was a curse upon the player and not the team.

A curse is a curse. The only benefit is that all the Eagles and Cowboys fans that buy Madden gotta look at OBJ's face all year.
  • Apreche said:

A curse is a curse. The only benefit is that all the Eagles and Cowboys fans that buy Madden gotta look at OBJ's face all year.

I feel like it should be ODB. O Dell Beckham. Plus then, Wu-Tang Clan.
  • Starfox said:

Apreche said:

Except his first name isn't O Dell, it's Odell. One word. Are you going to initialize my name as SCR because S Cott?
  • ..but..but...killa bees.

NFC East is looking interesting. I kind of want to see Chip Kelly fail, but at the same time it would be interesting to see how his plans worked out. I still laughed so hard when Tennessee didn't take up his trade for the 2nd pick to get Mariota.

I also wonder how well the Cowboys will do without Murray.

I'm seriously sweating on the Rams. They are like the achilles heel of the Seahawks. While the 49ers aren't looking so good, the Rams are looking better.
  • Apreche said:

Starfox said:

Apreche said:

Except his first name isn't O Dell, it's Odell. One word. Are you going to initialize my name as SCR because S Cott?
    Well maybe if you pronounced it S Cott.
  • S Cott has a certain ring to it.
  • It's starting! Woohoo!

Making hats for some peoples. Here's to another good year. If we can win week 2, I'm going to be feeling pretty good.

• Eli gonna renew soon. NY is saved.

Best QB? No, but I think most teams would gladly take him over the garbage they got taking the snaps.
  • Yeah, a lot of medium tier QBs are getting paid so well these last few years (Dalton, Kaepernick, Newton), but it makes sense. Look at the teams without solid QBs.

However, as long as OBJr says healthy, Eli should do well this year when throwing to him.

As for teams, other than Seattle, I'll be rooting for the Texans because Hard Knocks got me and I am hoping they do well. Plus that division needs some serious competition.
  • Does anyone do the NFL Weekly Pick Em? http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/

Perhaps make a Geek Nights group?
  • Rochelle said:

Does anyone do the NFL Weekly Pick Em? http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/

Perhaps make a Geek Nights group?

I'd be down for this.