This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Thing of my day was stumbling across Planetes, a really good anime. It's a realistic near future show about the daily lives of people who clear up orbit.
  • I watched a oolong tea video, and this same guy had another video called tornado bong something-or-other. Anyway, it is hilarious. This dude is hitting a bong, making oolong tea, and playing WOW. LOL

Some of the comments are funny too.
  • That video is funny because the man is funny, not because he's making fun of black people. It's arguable that he even is.
  • According to Wikipedia Blackface in Japan is a way of idolizing black culture, so I don't think it's fair to call it racism in this case.
  • I think we've all seen our fair share of racist things in our days including golliwogs and blackfaces. Look at Spike Lee's film about blackfaces, that film really does show how horrible blackface was.
  • According to WikipediaBlackface in Japan is a way of idolizing black culture, so I don't think it's fair to call it racism in this case.
    The underlying assumption that African American == cool is still racist, though I do admit it is a lot less offensive than traditional blackface.
  • According to WikipediaBlackface in Japan is a way of idolizing black culture, so I don't think it's fair to call it racism in this case.
    The underlying assumption that African American == cool is still racist, though I do admit it is a lot less offensive than traditional blackface.
    Yeah, I suppose you're right. It's certainly not hateful though, and at least that's some consolation...
  • Thing of my day was stumbling acrossPlanetes, a really good anime. It's a realistic near future show about the daily lives of people who clear up orbit.
    The Anime is decent but the Manga is sooo much better because it doesn't carry all the fluff. However, I had this discussion with Nineless recently and it seems like this only becomes apparent if one has also read the manga.
  • My TOTD is Penguin Musume Heart. Unfortunately it's Moe as scrap including Gainax bounce and Panty shots, but I almost keeled over and died of laughter after the first episode.
  • edited February 2009
    The Lonely Island- I'm on a Boat

In HD at the site.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • I love their album, pure comic gold.

• Aw man! That's my favorite episode in the first doctor's run, next to the unfinished The Tenth Planet
  • edited February 2009

Post edited by Erwin on
  • An episode of the absolutely hillarious Gamer Tonight flash series. Tonight's topic: The MMO Gamer
  • edited February 2009
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2009
    Bill Gates Vs. Steve Jobs mouse based lightsaber fight game = brilliance The Most Awesomest Game Ever
    Post edited by Geo on
  • OK, I'm a hockey nerd as pretty much all of you know by now. For anybody not that well versed in hockey, the game pretty much breaks down to two things: Penalties and scoring goals. If a player takes a penalty, he'll be taken off the ice for 2 minutes while his team can't substitute him, so his team goes short-handed and the other team now has them outnumbered making it easier for them to score and harder for the other team to defend. If another player of the same team takes a penalty while the first is already in the box, it becomes a two-men-advantage (but there can never be more than a two-man advantage).

One of the most enjoyable things for me is when one team scores while short-handed because it's really hard to do. For scale, about two thirds of the NHL season are over. Until yesterday, The team with the most short-handed goals are the Flyers with 13. No other team had scored more than 9 and one team only has scored 1.

What is really hard is scoring with two men down. It is so hard that in the entire history of the NHL only two people have scored more than one goal with two men down in their careers. Yesterday Mike Richards became the first player in the history of the NHL to score a total of three 5-on-3 short-handed goals in his career, and he is only 24 years old. That he did it against the New York Rangers, a division rival and Scott's favorite team, is just the cherry on the top :D

• 4 Gregs

The newest Homestar Runner short, a spin-off of Teen Girl Squad about four geeky guys named Greg.
  • 4 Gregs

The newest Homestar Runner short, a spin-off of Teen Girl Squad about four geeky guys named Greg.
    YAY!!! the return of dnd greg and sci-fi greg!! I foresee a successful spinoff from Teen Girl Squad.
  • Is finally out :D

Enough to say that they had me at dead by toilet seat
  • My thing of the day: http://forum.frontrowcrew.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=5620&page;=8#Item_45
    Someone tried to break into my house. While I was awake. And the window he chose to come in through was 15 feet away from where I was playing super mario galaxy. Needless to say, I beat him senseless. Spent 4 hours in the cop shop today. Goddamnit.

• My money is on the tank.
  • I saw this randomly today and it made me lol for a long time. It might be funnier in the context of the archives.

• Pride and Predator

I am not sure how to react to this....
  • Pride and Predator

I am not sure how to react to this....
    "The new film from Elton John's Rocket Pictures will have the seven-foot extraterrestrial give the characters from Pride and Prejudice something more immediate to worry about than making advantageous marriages"

I laughed.
  • I am a die hard Jane Austin fan and I appreciate the camp but a Predator hunting down Mr. Darcy? That seems almost sacrilegious.