This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Mesmerizing hip- and belt-swaying animation.
    It doe---sn't stop...
  • OK, another post but this is too awesome to pass up. Someone I know in a different forum made this:
    F#$@ yes, need more ice hockey love, and Scott how those NYR doing as of late :P

• I just can't get over how awesome this song is, especially the guitars at the start. It was one of the first songs they played in hull, and I damn near shit my pants.
  • I used that video about Plutonium as my TotD yesterday. This one about Lead has a really cool anecdote about the British Navy:
  • My brother is making an experimental film per week. This weeks is really fun! He didn't take his HD video camera with him on holiday, so had to make do with still images. It works perfectly as a two minute summation of the long weekend away with his wife and youngest child.
  • Green Demon: "I'M COMING FOR YOU COWARDS!!"
  • edited February 2009
    Kadokawa's Haurhi-chan series and Nyoron Churuya-san series on YouTube. Cute little videos. Unfortunately, no embedding.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • I know this was made a while ago, but it is quite awesome.
    This is so awesome. The orchestrated version is 10x.

• Once you get those wrong words in your brain, there is no way NOT to hear them.
  • edited February 2009
    Green Demon: "I'M COMING FOR YOU COWARDS!!"
    I almost didn't keep listening to the intro. My god, am I glad I did. That was the most mirth I've had in quite a while.

If you're unconvinced by the description, start at 4:39 in the intro.

EDIT: Gah, link went to the wrong video before. Sorry.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Your morality is 0% in line with that of the bible.

Damn you heathen! Your book learnin' has done warped your mind. You shall not be invited next time I sacrifice a goat.

Do You Have Biblical Morals?
    Take More Quizzes

• I forgot to post this from over the weekend, but we had friends over to play board games. We played Carcassonne.

I made sure I won that farm!
  • They are making another Fullmetal Alchemist series. Might this one be closer to the manga? Only time will tell.
  • They are making anotherFullmetal Alchemist series.Might this one be closer to the manga? Only time will tell.
    Supposedly it will be a more faithful adoption of the manga. Not having seen the first series, nor having read the manga means I cannot say if that will mean much.
  • edited February 2009
    They are making anotherFullmetal Alchemist series.Might this one be closer to the manga? Only time will tell.
    Was the first series really far off from the manga? Was it really a bad thing? So far, my boyfriend and I are a few episodes into season 1 and we are enjoying it. We haven't read the manga and probably aren't going to. Did you not like the animated series?

I'm just curious to get a different opinion, however please don't divulge spoilerific things. :/
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Was the first series really far off from the manga?
    Yes. In several major, spoilerrific ways.
    Was it really a bad thing?
    Kinda. A lot of people hated Shambala, the movie that ends the first series.
  • edited February 2009
    They are making anotherFullmetal Alchemist series.Might this one be closer to the manga? Only time will tell.
    Was the first series really far off from the manga? Was it really a bad thing? So far, my boyfriend and I are a few episodes into season 1 and we are enjoying it. We haven't read the manga and probably aren't going to. Did you not like the animated series?
    Without spoiling anything, there's a point up to which the anime is faithful after which something huge happens and it diverges completely.

In my opinion, it doesn't really make sense to remake the anime except for a money-grab. Both storylines are compelling, and it means that you can still read the manga and not be bored after already seeing the anime.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I actually loved what they did after the point when FMA didn't follow the manga. Could we say that this is the greatest filler or original addition in the last 5 years in anime? Maybe. Not really. Yes? Anyway, it was pretty good IMO but I'm still reading the manga.
  • They are making anotherFullmetal Alchemist series.Might this one be closer to the manga? Only time will tell.
    Without spoiling anything, there's a point up to which the anime is faithful after which something huge happens and it divulges completely.
    Diverges?
  • edited February 2009
    Diverges?
    I probably mistyped it and hit the spellcheck without looking at the word I was clicking. Either that, or I was just looking at Ro's post.

I'll be sure to annoy you the next time you make a mistake like that, Mr. Perfect :D
    Post edited by Sail on
  • [Oh Four Tuna]
    I see your Carmina Burana and raise you a Kalluri Vaanil (old, but still one of my favorite videos ever):

• Diverges?
    I probably mistyped it and hit the spellcheck without looking at the word I was clicking. Either that, or I was just looking at Ro's post.

I'll be sure to annoy you the next time you make a mistake like that, Mr. Perfect :D
    It is rare I get to annoy people without feeling bad about it, so I couldn't help but jump on that one.
  • Not a internet thing, but I have to tell this because it was my thing of the (day) last night.

I was reading old Donald Duck comic book and there was a Mickey Mouse story. First there was character named Adolf Hilter, at that point I was totally wtf, but there was more. Later in the comic there was a panel that showed the front of the Hilter's mansion and there was two two street lamps with sign, first said "Sieg" and other one "Hei". Sadly I weren't able to find any more nazi references in that one.
  • I was reading old Donald Duck comic book and there was a Mickey Mouse story. First there was character named Adolf Hilter, at that point I was totally wtf, but there was more. Later in the comic there was a panel that showed the front of the Hilter's mansion and there was two two street lamps with sign, first said "Sieg" and other one "Hei". Sadly I weren't able to find any more nazi references in that one.
    Obligatory (and probably NSFW):
  • edited February 2009
    From this article about a children's TV presenter with one arm:
    As a primary school teacher several years ago I had a new child arrive in my class. Part-way through the first morning she put a hand up and asked, "My arm hurts, can I take it off please?" She did so and lay the prosthesis on her desk. After a day or so no-one at the school took any notice.
    It makes more sense once you've read the article.
    Afterthought: Before I get MacRoss punched, my reaction was "+6 to faith in humanity".
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited February 2009
    *cough*

Fix'd.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Try not to hotlink, please, artboy.
  • *cough*

Fix'd.
    Not hotlinked version. But I agree, that is the reason why you should prefer to download fansubs from groups such as BSS or gg. They use less font faeces overall.