This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Also, here's a shot of my home
    Wow! Do you live in the past?
  • Wow! Do you live in the past?
    No, just Europe.
  • edited May 2009
    You are both correct, more or less. The house was built by my grandfather. Regardless, while the designs have changed, the methods of how european houses are being built hasn't really. Brick tech ;)
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • David Tennant (Hamlet) and Patrick Stewart (Claudius) will star in an upcoming production of Hamlet on BBC Two.
  • David Tennant (Hamlet) and Patrick Stewart (Claudius) will starin an upcoming productionofHamleton BBC Two.
    I actually rather like the Hamlet with Mel Gibson. I wonder how it will compare.
  • I actually rather like the Hamlet with Mel Gibson. I wonder how it will compare.
    Have you seen any other productions of Hamlet?
    If you have, I hope it was a terrible summer stock production or the abomination of Ethan Hawke's Hamlet. The Mel Gibson production was so lacking that I do not know where to begin.
  • So Rhythm Heaven is an awesome game, and everyone should play it. One of the mini-games is called "Fan Club" (or "Idol" in the original Japanese version). It goes like this.

And then I saw this while browsing YouTube.
  • woah. woah.

• My English teacher showed us Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet, which I really liked, though I can't say I agreed with everything. There was sort of a Jesusy thing going on at the end there.

From what I've found, it appears that the Tennant/Stewart production will fall somewhere between a full feature film and a stage production, so I'm not entirely sure how well that will turn out. I'm guessing there's more focus on the acting than the directing.
  • PJ O'Rourke on the failing American auto industry

I've always found PJ O'Rourke to be the best-written of the major conservative authors out there. I usually don't agree with what he says, but I always find it written well enough and intelligently enough to be worthy of considering. He's got some interesting and poignant observations about the passing of the American auto industry, even if I don't agree with a lot of what he says (or implies).
  • A must watch for any fan of Chrono Trigger. If you haven't heard of Hyadain, check out his other videos as well.
  • Got an iPhone for Graduation, w00t! Only 8gb, but then again, my actual iPod is 160. It's a pretty awesome device, provided you stay clear of all the shit apps out there.
  • Got an iPhone for Graduation, w00t! Only 8gb, but then again, my actual iPod is 160. It's a pretty awesome device, provided you stay clear of all the shit apps out there.
    Hear that, my phone company back home is providing me with an unlocked 3G iPhone for free, which will make a nice replacement for my 2g iPhone.
  • All I can say about this one is that I am amazed in how ignorant some people can be: Easily offended woman vs. Bugs Bunny
  • edited June 2009
    My school's drum line has only been in existence for a few years and they're constantly getting better. This performance from the other night is awesome.

Post edited by Sail on
  • Red This Ever.
    Saw this band on Saturday at Midnight. I liked them so much I bought their CD.
  • ArmA 2, June 26, Steam. Fuck yes.

Not that anyone here cares though... :(
  • edited June 2009
    ArmA 2, June 26, Steam. Fuck yes.

Not that anyone here cares though... :(
    I can't friggin' wait, actually.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Right across my house there is an open meadow which is more or less only used to access the agricultural field right next to it. I think it's owned by the same farmer. Ocassionally in the mornings, small deer are there to pasture. Today I was walking home from getting a new haircut, there was a deer, right there at half past noon. I took a picture, unfortunately it's only from my iPhone camera and I couldn't get any closer either. I tried to after I took some pictures but the deer vanished right into the field right next to it.
    Also, here's a shot of my home, pretty much when turning around from the above picture. I took it right after:
    We got so many deer here I have to dodge them coming home from work at night. One of our work trucks was going up to Brecksville here in Ohio and hit a deer that clipped the front right. Thinking nothing of it the driver started to drive again got up to speed and a buck went right through the windshield. He is ok but the truck need a new windscreen.

Awesome looking house too. Looks like a great cottage out in the country and kind of what I would want if it wasn't for my allergies.
  • This is probably known around here but it deserves to be mentioned again. If you really want to see how ridiculous the Bible is, read The Brick Testament. I especially recommend the Laws section.

• Dancing man!
  • Wow. That was so weird to watch.
  • The Dancing Man video is outstanding. I showed it to two ladies at work and all three of us started dancing, two others joined us (including one of the Attorneys). I never, ever thought there would be a dance party at my office.
  • The Dancing Man video is outstanding. I showed it to two ladies at work and all three of us started dancing, two others joined us (including one of the Attorneys). I never, ever thought there would be a dance party at my office.
    It starts slow, but you've just got to imagine you are watching from the hill. It begins and you think "That crazy dancing guy is such an idiot. I bet he never gets laid." By the end you're thinking "I want to be him!"
  • Totally. Being awesome and looking like a fool are not mutually exclusive.