This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited September 2009
    I got Supra Head...

...from your mom
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • @Nineless - It's not that serious, man. *gives him a calm down slurpee*
  • edited September 2009
    I lol'd; formatting gets Nine all hot under the collar.
    Oh.. really?
    Also, what is a supra head and why would someone's mother give it as a gift?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited September 2009
    I think that picture of the bird on the previous page is from Austria or Germany, at least judging from the architecture and the Zebra crossing below.
    That is all.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I lol'd; formatting gets Nine all hot under the collar.
    No, dumb shit that wasn't done before just gets me annoyed. I suspect Yupa has been replaced by a crappy attempt at writing a bot, and for some reason several other fucktards on this forum ape this bot, just for the hell of it.
    @Nineless - It's not that serious, man. *gives him a calm down slurpee*
    Have you paid attention? Idiots paragraphing blockquotes has been common for a damned long while, now the morons just added the in-lining of video and images.
  • This has been posted before but that video was taken down. The audio quality on it also sucked pretty hard and now it's from an official source so I think it's right to be reposted. Hell, that's not even true, it needs to be reposted on it's own right for just sheer awesomeness.

• edited September 2009
    Puppy can't roll over! He's part turtle!

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I'd name that puppy "Bender" :)
  • It's 9/9/09!

If a print of this painting exists, I would pay any amount it would go for.
  • I'll see your Cowboy Beebop and raise a JP Ahonen
  • edited September 2009
    Holy man is this cool technology.

Their website is here.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • edited September 2009
    That must be some form of witchcraft..

It will be totally awesome to see how that is incorporated into consumer technology in years to come.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited September 2009
    Link to article

Some pirates of the new Eidos title, Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC version) might be surprised when they realize a certain "problem" in the game prevents them from advancing through it properly. While some pirates might have thought the copy protection mechanisms were beaten when the game loaded properly, Eidos has (at least) one more trick up its sleeve that probably wasn't suspected.

On the Eidos Forums, a user Cheshirec_the_cat might have gotten a surprise with the response from an Administration over the problem he has had with the game.

"Hi!
    I've got a problem when it's time to use Batman's glide in the game. When I hold , like it's said to jump from one platform to another, Batman tries to open his wings again and again instead of gliding. So he fels down in a poisoning gas. If somebody could tel me, what should I do there." Cheshirec_the_cat asked on a new thread.

After one user told him to "try buying the game" and commented that it has not even been released publicly for PC yet, an administrator, Keir, summed up the problem for him.

"The problem you have encountered is a hook in the copy protection, to catch out people who try and download cracked versions of the game for free.

It's not a bug in the game's code, it's a bug in your moral code."

Of course, Cheshirec_the_cat did not reply.
    Post edited by Mosquitoboy on
  • I was wondering how long it was going to be before people tried just messing with players who pirate games.

They could have been more subtle with their dickey though. Slowly turning up the difficulty or making the game just subtly change to slowly frustrate you would be much more interesting.
  • I now have a Darkrai. Awesome.
  • Pfffft, the solution to both the glide problem and the "online save only" were solved within a day.
  • Sen. Al Franken draws a map of the US from memory.
  • Do they start by saying "Let's finish this quickly so we can go eat" or something to that effect?

• The Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra did a performance of music from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I was pretty skeptical when I heard God Knows, because I wasn't impressed with the way they rearranged the vocals. It just sounds like a dragging vocal track and really uncharacteristic accompaniment to me. But this song has been transformed into something surprisingly awesome, especially considering the silly song it started as.
  • My thing of the day comes from a conservation with my developer friend.

"Trying to explain tech concepts to non-technical people is like having a conversation with a belt buckle. Satisfying, until you realize you're talking to a belt buckle."
  • edited September 2009
    "Trying to explain tech concepts to non-technical people is like having a conversation with a belt buckle. Satisfying, until you realize you're talking to a belt buckle."
    That perfectly describes half the conversations I try to have with people around here. I'd tell them why I'm so quiet all the time, but I'd rather not offend them.

EDIT:
    This is the thing of my day.
    It is probably NSFW.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • The Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra did a performance of music from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya last spring.
    It's pretty sweet yeah.
    I was pretty sceptical when I heard God Knows, because I wasn't impressed with the way they rearranged the vocals. It just sounds like a dragging vocal track and really uncharacteristic accompaniment to me.
    This goes for all three or so songs that have accompanying vocals. Madobe Nite's a nice song normally, but the orchestrated version suffers from the vocals too. Aya Hirano is also not that great a singer if you ask me.
  • I'm totally not doing this on purpose.
    What the hell.
  • I got myself an iPhone. It's good, but the reception at home sucks compared to my old network.
  • My thing of the day is that, the anime of Monster is finally going be release in America.
    It looks that they are going to be releasing them in box sets of 4 dvds per set. And it is cheap too :D
  • Omnutia and I were doing the patented Walkin' around, lookin' around, And he spotted a music store, after we discovered that the chinese supermarket was closed, and he could not stock up on cheap RAMEN. We go in, have a chat to the owners, it turns out to be a DJ equipment and Vinyl store, and I learn Omnutia on how to vinyl properly. Before long, searching through the shelves, I find Daft punk's discovery album on Brand new, hardly touched 12's, so I slap them on a table, and call Omnutia over - Dude was in heaven for a good half hour, just spinning some Daft Punk. Made me feel happy to watch.