This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Paul Pope doing "Dune" in the "Wednesday Comics" format. Hisblog postis vague, so I don't know whether he's actually adapting Dune, or if this was just for fun, but it's awesome either way. (More awesome if he really adapts Dune, though.)
    If I interpreted it correctly, he just wanted to try adapting a scene from Dune in Wednesday Comics style. Bummer for us. I'd pay good money to see a hardcover TPB adaptation of Dune done by Paul Pope.
  • edited October 2009
    Today I used Last.fm for the first time in ages. I just set it to play any song tagged "Piano" and I've been found a bunch of new stuff I like.

The desktop client is the best way to enjoy it.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited October 2009

Building a wooden box. Woodworking Geekery :)

Computer controlled box joint jig

Check out his website too. Some very neat projects http://woodgears.ca/
    Post edited by Alan on
  • Building a wooden box. Woodworking Geekery :)
    That's very impressive, but dude needs to get a better audio recording setup.
  • That was great.
  • edited October 2009
    The most awesome video ever!

Seriously, if you liked the three wolves shirt, you are going to love this.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • That is epic.
  • racism in the elevator
    That was awesome.
  • racism in the elevator
    That was awesome.
    It was.
  • When anyone, regardless or race, age, etc. gets on an elevator, I move away from them to allow them personal space.
    I almost always hold tight to my purse when I am out and about (a combination of protecting my belongings from others and making sure I don't drop/forget anything).
    Sometimes people read race into situations where it just doesn't belong.
  • That elevator skit was great.
  • edited October 2009
    Indian farmer's daughter sees border-jumping Pakistani bandit beating down her dad, so she attacks him with an axe, disarms him, and summarily executes him with his own AK47.

It's heart-warming to see that even in cultures renown for tons of misogyny, there are TOTALLY badass women holding their own.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Third hockey thing in a row, but who cares. Anybody seen the movie "Miracle"?
  • A friend showed me this last night. It's old, but it's hilarious and I had never seen it.

• New Stargate series :)
  • Zombieland.
  • Zombieland! It is rare that a film exceeds my expectations, but this one really did. This film really delivered.

• Most awesome Toyota advertisement to date.
  • Zombieland! It is rare that a film exceeds my expectations, but this one really did. This film really delivered.
    Especially when he killed that clown! (I'm afraid of clowns.)
    Especially when he killed that clown! (I'm afraid of clowns.)
    '

Very true. Woody Harrelson really made that movie fantastic.
  • I've noticed that amongst a few of you, the Nostalgia Critic seems to be a little maligned and I can see why. Well I have a treat for you, these are two videos that the Nostlagia Critic has done that list his top 20 movies of all time. In this vid, he comes to you not as the Nostalgia Critic, but as Douglas Walker (his real name) and is as serious as can be. I must say, he has some fantastic taste in films.

Doug's Top 20 Favorite Movies Part Uno

Doug's Top 20 Favorite Movies Part Dos
  • [spoiler]
    White-text the spoilers! Some of us haven't seen it!
  • I've been feeling super depressed since mid-day but now I'm feeling ok. Chilling out in my room tuned into Post-Rock on Last.fm.
    I think I've pretty much got dealing with down periods sorted. Life keeps getting better, a bit at a time.
  • White-text the spoilers! Some of us haven't seen it!
    I didn't say who killed a clown or gave it any context, just that a clown was killed. I don't think that it requires the white text.
  • DC Comics artist Mike Norton's 24 Hour Comic. It's not the best comic in the world, but the fact that he was able to do this in 24 hours (including lettering and toning) blows my mind, and fills me with shame at my own meager output. I mean, that's an hour a page. Goddammit.
  • edited October 2009
    I desperately want Disney to release more information on this game!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on