This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Strange Japanese cafe where you get what the person before you ordered.
    It's very cool, however it's Scott's ToTD for the Castle Crashers episode. ^_~
  • edited October 2009
    I haven't listened to the episode yet. My mistake I guess.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • edited October 2009
    Not to mention it was also posted in this thread before then, but since the source is Scott's Twitter then it still goes back to that.

Ninja-themed restaurant in New York. It looks pretty cool.
    Post edited by Diddgery on
  • Rocket Knight Adventures is coming back! And it's not in a grimdark sequel to boot!
  • edited October 2009
    Cute little Finnish baby rap. I wish I knew what they were rapping about but it sounds hardcore. This is from last year so hopefully it wasn't posted already.
    Post edited by Mankoon on
  • Rocket Knight Returns

My inner child is happy right now.
  • I wish I knew what they were rapping about but it sounds hardcore.
    Exactly what it looks like: a trip on a night train to Rovaniemi.
  • There was talk of pissing on the tracks. That's pretty hardcore.
  • edited October 2009
    Yesterday I visited my mom at her new work place. Well, new as in she started there a few months ago, only I couldn't get there til now. Anyways, they got a parrot there. The parrot doesn't speak, but he meows. Need to get a video camera just to film this.

Other than that:
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited October 2009
    I got a signed copy of the Zombie Survival Guide today at a book signing/reading.

Very interesting story to go with it, but that is for another time.

Also, my Windows 7 party box arrived today. I have a copy of windows 7 ultimate that I can only install once, so I'll be saving that.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Video
    That is fucking AWESOME.
  • edited October 2009
    My friend, Chris, pointed this out to me.

Parkour Visions is opening a Parkour Gym in Seattle this month. The third in the nation so far. So for anyone who is local or know locals who enjoy Parkour, please spread the word.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited October 2009
    Awesome Quick Draw Mcgraw gallery here
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • The BBC re-did Milgram's infamous obedience experiment this summer

• Hurray for Vimeo! Seriously those people know how to accommodate filmmakers and are so professional that it's not funny.
  • Don't know if this goes in this thread or the fail one
  • edited October 2009
    My thing of the day: Eastman Theater's opening night gala is today, and they're doing Beethoven's 9th. A big group of friends are going, in true '20's style. Best thing: These tickets are $10 for students.

EDIT: I need to add another thing. Wegmans has Argentinian Dulce de Leche and GERMAN NUTELLA. I am in heaven.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • My thing of the day: Eastman Theater's opening night gala is today, and they're doing Beethoven's 9th. A big group of friends are going, in true '20's style. Best thing: These tickets are $10 for students.

EDIT: I need to add another thing. Wegmans has Argentinian Dulce de Leche and GERMAN NUTELLA. I am in heaven.
    You are a very dapper man, I think.
    And how is German Nutella different than regular Nutella I get at the Duane Reade?
  • I laughed until my face hurt.

• I saw the camping jokes coming from a mile away, but I still laughed.
  • My roommate got a DSi and an obviously hacked copy of Pokemon Platinum. There are super rare Pokemon and a metric shitton of Rare Candies and Master Balls... and he's letting me take all of it.
  • You are a very dapper man, I think.
    And how is German Nutella different than regular Nutella I get at the Duane Reade?
    Thanks! Oh mans, the gala was awesome. I nearly had a tear in my eye during the last movement.

The German stuff is called Winsenia, and it's a little creamier than Nutella. I think it tastes a little better, but that could be simply an effect of the glass container it comes in (rather than Nutella's plastic). As with being creamier, it's less thick, so it spreads a little easier.

Ok, now I need to eat some.
  • Even though I'm sick, I went out and got my book copy of the Princess Bride and read it. Everything felt a lot better after that. I'll leave you with the legendary line "Anybody want a peanut?"
  • The German stuff is calledWinsenia, and it's a little creamier than Nutella. I think it tastes a little better, but that could be simply an effect of the glass container it comes in (rather than Nutella's plastic). As with being creamier, it's less thick, so it spreads a little easier.
    I have never seen Nutella in a plastic container, that must be a US thing, and I have also never heard of this Winsenia stuff while I was in Germany. Nutella ftw!
    Ok, now I need to eat some.
    QFT!