This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Brains? Body? Both.
    I want her so bad right now.
    Most definitely, but maybe you should take a gander at the previous page...
    So good, it was posted twice.
  • Brains? Body? Both.
    Her look of absolute contempt is the hottest part. :)
  • Brains? Body? Both.
    Her look of absolute contempt is the hottest part. :)
    If she would stop using the word "rat," I'd want her too. Said word is aesthetically displeasing.
  • Her look of absolute contempt is the hottest part. :)
    Eh, I get that from most women.
  • I love the part where she quotes his exact words back to him, but applies them to Christianity. <3
  • I absolutely love her.
  • edited September 2009
    Picture of a pier in Sydney at 7:00AM during the recent dust storm.

I want to spend some time in Australia. For reals.

EDIT: Whoa, sorry. Huge image was huge.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • This thing is hypnotic.
    I made a Goomba with it. It's pretty cool being able to make pixel art that makes music.
  • Not old yet.

Only funny hilarious to me, my roommate, and maybe Joe...
  • edited September 2009
    This thing is hypnotic.
    Wow, awesome! I played with it for a lil' bit.

I imagine someone going to make some anime tunes with that.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited September 2009

Also, they say this man is my father, and he constantly lives in my shadow.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited September 2009
    Hetalia? Seriously?

So, what, are they going to have a mostly European cast who speaks Japanese? Most of the cast of the comic is European/Caucasian.
    Seeing a Japanese person cast as muscly, blond Germany would be funny.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Hetalia? Seriously?

So, what, are they going to have a mostly European cast who speaks Japanese? Most of the cast of the comic is European/Caucasian.
    Seeing a Japanese person cast as muscly, blond Germany would be funny.
    I thought you would have been a bit more excited than that. I think it's great that Hetalia is getting an anime adaptation.
  • edited September 2009
    Oh wait, it wasn't live action. I was confused by your other news. Live action Hetalia would be really weird.

I was excited for the anime adaptation, but it is kinda meh, or at least the half dozen episodes I have seen. Hetalia is a cute and funny comic, where world history and conflict is made zany and slightly gay. It's no masterpiece, though, and the anime's pacing is all wrong. If you want to read the translated comics, Me and some other people put them here. I calculated that I did about 15 percent of the stand alone strips and diary comics? Something like that.

(I like the fact that indie web comics like tonari no 801-chan, Hetalia, and that Haruhi gag comic have gotten so much cred.)
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I haven't even listened to it yet, but considering that this is the "12 Byzantine Rulers" guy it probably will be the thing of my day:

Norman Centuries (iTunes)
  • The new Norton 360 ads are brilliant. There are at least 6 that I've seen on youtube. I'll just post these few here so you get the gist, but the other ones involve Kimbo Slice and have similar alternate endings.

And my favorite:

• I think the video trying to tell me something. "Yvan et nioj?"
  • edited September 2009
    The highest ratio of awesomeness to practicality ever envisaged by man.

Also: @Viga: Isn't that the same song as this Azumanga AMV?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The highest ratio of awesomeness to practicality ever envisaged by man.
    That's not a truck dressed in electric chainsaws. Less practical, not more awesome, ergo, ratio's less.
  • edited September 2009
    That's not a truck dressed in electric chainsaws. Less practical, not more awesome, ergo, ratio's less.
    C'mon Nineless, you're trying too hard.
  • C'mon Nineless, you're trying too hard.
    No, I think your resentment of Nine is clouding your perceptions, rendering you unable to see when he isn't actually being a douche. Personally I would much rather have a chainsaw truck.
  • C'mon Nineless, you're trying too hard.
    But a chainsaw truck has one HUGE tank, and that paddle+chainsaw combination has two tanks that need to be refueled more often. It's less practical, no?
  • edited September 2009
    Not to take things too seriously but.. A truck is already pretty deadly so many chainsaws don't add that much. It's like a submarine with a drill laser (Godzilla Final Wars) versus a drill wielding giant robot. Awesomeness and practicality often at their best when the idea is simple to grasp.

Just to clarify: I'm going for maximum awesomeness and minimum practicality.
  • The new Norton 360 ads are brilliant. There are at least 6 that I've seen on youtube. I'll just post these few here so you get the gist, but the other ones involve Kimbo Slice and have similar alternate endings.
    Yes! They play on Hulu often. I love the line they end with: "Protect your chicken from Dokken."
  • Just finished the final episode of Spice and Wolf II. I thought this series was a little bit more melancholy than the last (which wasn't particularly a plus for me), although I loved the last 5 or 6 minutes of the final episode. For anyone else who also watching the series, did you also think it left room for another season? Hopefully if that does come along it will be a little more cheery.
  • Introducing Time Fcuk: quite possibly the best flash game I've ever played. I'd pay money for this game. No doubt.
  • edited September 2009
    Zombies + kawaii = <3</a>
    Post edited by ThirdWorldMan on