This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited October 2009
    All day long, Xeni Jardin of BoingBoing is retweeting geeky Yo Mama jokes. There's some pretty good ones. ("Yo momma's so big and ugly she lies dreaming in R'lyeh.")
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Gameplay video for the recently announced new Fist of the North Star game
  • Gameplay video for the recently announced new Fist of the North Star game
    PLEASE come to the US. PLEASE.
  • Wouldn't a good Fist of the North Star game just end up being God Hand?
  • edited October 2009
    Wouldn't a good Fist of the North Star game just end up being God Hand?
    I don't even care. But for the record, God Hand doesn't have "You wa Shock" as part of its soundtrack.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Too awesome not to bump for: Yukawa Institute in Kyoto is theorizing that all failures to find the Higgs Boson are the attempts of time travelers to save us from ourselves.

YES.
  • edited October 2009
    http://youcity.com/2009/website_front/index.html
    Isometric(not really) map of Nyc! Pretty neat but clunky. I'm going to look for the Muse Games building.
    Post edited by Mankoon on
  • Fan art for Game Center CX, where a guy sits around trying to complete old video games.

Unrelated.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    Homestar Runner Pumpkin Stencils. If you don't know what Homestar Runner is, I'll give you two options: Immediately educate yourself in what it is or leave the internet because that is an important part of said internet and not a niche thing.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Going to Benaroya Hall in Seattle tonight for An Evening with Kevin Smith.
  • Homestar Runner Pumpkin Stencils.If you don't know what Homestar Runner is, I'll give you two options: Immediately educate yourself in what it is or leave the internet because that is an important part of said internet and not a niche thing.
    Ugh, homestar runner was so stupid.
  • edited October 2009
    If you don't know what Homestar Runner is, I'll give you two options: Immediately educate yourself in what it is or leave the internet because that is an important part of said internet and not a niche thing.
    I know you're enthusiastic about a lot of things, Yupa, but seriously demanding people of this stuff is pretty absurd. I never got into Homestar Runner, but I know the jist of it, and I don't care to get into it. People will get into what they want to get interested in to.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I tried it a long while ago. I don't like the Homestar regular flashes. I do like SBE and Teen Girl Squad.
  • I tried it a long while ago. I don't like the Homestar regular flashes. I do like SBE and Teen Girl Squad.
    Ditto.
  • I do like SBE and Teen Girl Squad.
    Well, as Strong Bad says in the intro animation, "You don't know it yet, but I'm the reason you're here."
  • CrunchyRoll has all of the original runs of both Captain Harlock AND Galaxy Express 999. Finally, a way for me to get my Matsumoto fix while I'm deprived of fansubs.
  • CrunchyRoll has all of the original runs of both Captain Harlock AND Galaxy Express 999. Finally, a way for me to get my Matsumoto fix while I'm deprived of fansubs.
    As does funimation.com/video. We're watching them in my high school's Anime club, and we're just lucky the school hasn't locked funimation.com
  • Random nostalgia trip.

• I love this.
  • Smoking a pipe while reading the FRC forums just feels classy.
  • I never thought I could believe in God, but this guy has finally presented an argument I absolutely cannot refute. Maybe this video will help those other misguided souls on this forum (you know who you are) realize The Truth.
  • And you know what the mantra to begin praying is.
  • Bored, I watched "The Great Youkai War" semi-randomly on TV, with English subtitles. Despite it being weird as hell, I loved it. Upon doing some research, It's a cool children's movie series. Anyone else know about it?
  • No, didn't know anything about it. I've been watching a lot of Japanese/Korean dramas and movies recently and I'm adding it to the list. I'll check it out for sure.
  • This website. This can make any conversation hilarious if you do it unexpectedly.
  • edited October 2009
    From the delightful folks at Despair, Inc., the Points of View Glass.

EDIT: Linked to the page to avoid stretching.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on