This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• OMG YES. Totoro=winwinwinwinwin.
  • Just your average mass transit demographic.
    This is my thing of the day. That guy is win.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    I want this picture hung in my room like a piece of art in an art museum would be.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • The Halloweenified Wikipedia front page is hilarious.

• The reactions :)
  • Stackoverflow get a new cousin Chiphacker.
  • The Left 4 Dead 2 demo is the shit.
  • "Nutt's sacking is likely to raise concerns among scientists over the independence of advice to the government and may trigger further resignations."

The rest of the article is a lot less funny and lot more upsetting.
  • Went to Galco's Soda Pop Stop in Eagle Rock today.

• Went to Galco's Soda Pop Stop in Eagle Rock today.
    I'm extremely jealous. I might have to order up some stuff from their website.
  • My two favorites that I've tried to far are Manhattan Special Vanilla Cream and Thomas Kemper Black Cherry. So pick those up if you like either strong cream soda or black cherry.
  • edited October 2009
    My two favorites that I've tried to far are Manhattan Special Vanilla Cream and Thomas Kemper Black Cherry. So pick those up if you like either strong cream soda or black cherry.
    Duly noted; I happen to like both. I'm also interested in that rose petal soda. I got to have rose petal candies once in my childhood, and I've been searching for them ever since with no luck.

The death of easily-available quality soda is a sad thing. You used to be able to get every variety of Boylan's at Trader Joe's, but this seems to have stopped. Jones is the best I hope for anymore, and even that is usually an unlikely find.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Jones is the best I hope for anymore, and even that is usually an unlikely find.
    At the Target I work at, we have Jones soda, as well as that light brown Mexican soda on top of Sail's pile (probably tamarind-flavor). Target has some surprisingly good stuff in the food section.
  • edited October 2009
    (probably tamarind-flavor)
    Yup, that's what it is.

For the record, though, this is three people's worth of soda selections in the picture, just so you guys don't think I'm completely ridiculous.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited October 2009
    My two favorites that I've tried to far are Manhattan Special Vanilla Cream and Thomas Kemper Black Cherry. So pick those up if you like either strong cream soda or black cherry.
    Duly noted; I happen to like both. I'm also interested in that rose petal soda. I got to have rose petal candies once in my childhood, and I've been searching for them ever since with no luck.

The death of easily-available quality soda is a sad thing. You used to be able to get every variety of Boylan's at Trader Joe's, but this seems to have stopped. Jones is the best I hope for anymore, and even that is usually an unlikely find.
    I always enjoyed IBC's Cream Soda. It was a nice balance from what I remember. I also remember buying them at Wal-Mart and Family Dollar...32oz for 1 Dollar. Me and my brother would always joke how they were like 40 ouncers for kids. Jones I haven't actually tasted, may have to try them some time.

Very jealous still to you Sail.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • I should mention that we tried the infamous cucumber soda too. If I liked cucumber, I could perhaps see finding it refreshing, but there is something positively unsettling about tasting vegetables in liquid form.

Captain Obvious! lol...
    Now for the giant catbus!
    Now for the giant catbus!

• The cruelty here is just horrible and I think this guy should just get what he wants.
  • Page 2 of my UFO comic story is up at ApeCMX.com
  • edited November 2009
    [Return of Alice]
    Holy Jesus shitting fuck! Is THAT the new Tim Burton movie?

EDIT: Oh, huh.

EDIT AGAIN: AHA! I knew I remembered that Cheshire cat from somewhere!
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • What the hell does that pic signify anyway?
  • edited November 2009
    What the hell does that pic signify anyway?
    Probably one of the most popular videos to come out in the past year, just saying.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited November 2009
    OOPS SAIL BEAT ME TOO IT.
    So here's my thing of the day instead, a video of Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!
    Post edited by Diddgery on