This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• I do have to say:
    Laugh it up, fuzzball.
    That's the highlight of the conversation, at least for me.
  • My thing of the day is today'sforum game
    You beat me too it!

Seriously, guys, this place is awesome.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm currently wearing a Bed Buddy back wrap and Bed Buddy body wrap around my upper back/shoulders/lower neck freshly microwaved and it feels good. AHHHH.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I nearly blew myself up tonight, because I slightly miscalculated the amount of weight the booster charge on the homemade firework would lift, so instead of a 150 or so feet in the air, it went almost two feet into the air, skittered on the ground a bit, and exploded as only a half kilo of what is essentially slightly adulterated gunpowder can.

I <3 explosions.
  • I Googled "Is Pete Gay?" and hit the Feeling Lucky button. That result is my thing of the day.
  • I Googled "Is Pete Gay?" and hit the Feeling Lucky button. That result is my thing of the day.
    Hahahahah! So beautiful.

BTW, I'm totally loving Cookie Monster on the Google home bage.
  • edited November 2009
    Is it just me, or is there an unusually large number of people looking at the forums right now? Have we made a breakthrough, or am I just present at a time I normally wouldn't be?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • *sigh* I wish I had the moneys to play 40k.
  • Holy shit, what is that? I want it.
  • Ultramarine Dreadnought. Immortal space marine entombed in walking life-support/megatank so that even though his body is broken, he can serve the God-Emperor of Mankind forever.
  • edited November 2009
    Ultramarine Dreadnought. Immortal space marine entombed in walking life-support/megatank so that even though his body is broken, he can serve the God-Emperor of Mankind forever.
    I'm pretty sure he knows that, I believe he's inquiring as to where it came from. It's just a photoshoop I found on 4walled while looking for Warhammer backgrounds.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Ultramarine Dreadnought. Immortal space marine entombed in walking life-support/megatank so that even though his body is broken, he can serve the God-Emperor of Mankind forever.
    I'm pretty sure he knows that, I believe he's inquiring as to where it came from. It's just a photoshoop I found on 4walled while looking for Warhammer backgrounds.
    Yes, that's what I meant. I'm a 40K player. And really, you should spend that money on a more productive hobby. Like heroin.
    I'm laughing too hard at this result from a copy pasta.
  • Domo Arigatou, Mr. Roboto? More like Muchas gracias, Señor Roboto.
  • edited November 2009
    Warhammer Online unlimited free trial, If anyone wants to join me, I will be on the Server: Goretusk as Forces of EVIL
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • The most recent Dwarf Fortress dev log.

"Gulsheb escaped from the depths during the third year of recorded history and wandered the mountains for six years. Eventually she tired of this life and convinced the humans living in the hills below that she was in fact a manifestation of Tob, their goddess of deformity. She was a towering, bloated one-eyed thrush with a fat, bulging trunk in place of a beak, so it must not have been that difficult. The villages united under her rule, and she directed a sixty year expansion. Then the war with the elves began. She never took part in the conflict personally, preferring to direct it from the capital of Pastsmokes. After 24 years and several assaults on the town, the elves finally managed to raze the city. Gulsheb was beheaded by the elf Athifi Swampauthors. Fourteen years later, Athifi herself was shot and killed by a human in the same town. Over the next 500 years, Pastsmokes was destroyed 33 times in the unending war, but the leadership position created by Gulsheb to unite the villages continued to be occupied by various humans during the entire period. The most recent of these rulers was Mastrod Hairymagic, who took control in 599. She continued to worship Tob and the rest of the pantheon, unaware of the deception that had occured centuries before.

The goblins don't have a pantheon to sneak in with, but they respect the power of a strong, murderous critter, so a demon that can defeat (not necessarily kill) whoever's in charge can assume control. One demon managed to assume leadership of the goblins before they had organized positions themselves but was killed and eaten by a hydra three years later. The goblin Stozu Tickwail, a survivor of the same attack, took it upon himself to assume the position of "Master" created by the demon. Unfortunately, another demon that had been roaming in a nearby forest saw the opportunity and challenged Master Stozu a year later, and the goblin was killed. This demon, Cuwiwe, ruled for nine years and was killed by a rampaging cyclops. The new goblin Master was killed by a cyclops the next year, as was his successor, and the one after that, ending the civilization. It was apparently a bad place to live."

This game is so cool.
  • Why are people getting so upset about others quoting:
    Remember, remember the fifth of November,
    The gunpowder treason and plot,
    I know of no reason
    Why the gunpowder treason
    Should ever be forgot.

It is a very old rhyme and is often quoted as part of the Guy Fawkes celebrations in the UK. It isn't strictly a V for Vendetta reference. It would be akin to getting upset that people sing "Happy Birthday" on someone's birthday.
  • edited November 2009
    Eggnog spiked with 151 and fresh-grated nutmeg, mushroom marinara sauce from scratch bubbling on the stove, and John Stewart imitating Glen Beck with exact precision. Ahhhhhhhhhh.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • The boyfriend went out to his friends house, so I have the apartment all to myself. I've been on my couch snuggled up with the kitties watching Dexter on this rainy night. Ahhhhhhhh.
  • It is a very old rhyme and is often quoted as part of the Guy Fawkes celebrations in the UK. It isn't strictly a V for Vendetta reference. It would be akin to getting upset that people sing "Happy Birthday" on someone's birthday.
    Oh, it gets worse - there are people over here who say "ooh, someone's been watching V for Vendetta" sort of things here, too, and the event the rhyme is about happened less than five hours drive away. Stupid English people.
  • Little video documentary about the alternate reality game I worked on. The video was put together by the newspaper, so its sort of emphasizes them. It's also not the most well put together video, but it does the job.
  • Oh, it gets worse - there are people over here who say "ooh, someone's been watching V for Vendetta" sort of things here, too, and the event the rhyme is about happened less than five hours drive away. Stupid English people.
    That happens here in London and I am only a short walk away!
  • That happens here in London and I am only a short walk away!
    Yeah, but it's London, I'm not surprised. ^_~
  • James Randi's appearance on Bill Nye.

• edited November 2009
    I remember that was the very first time I ever saw James Randi; it's where I recognized him from when I learned about the JREF. :D Even as a kid, this was one of my favourite Bill Nye episodes, if not my most favourite since a lot of other kids hadn't seen it. Granted, it might have been because I was going through an "Oo, weird stuff and magic tricks!" phase at that time, but it taught me what pseudoscience really meant, at least. I was surprised for the longest time growing up that no one else seemed to use the word pseudoscience or know what it referred to.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Wow, I was just coming here to post my thing of the day which is this picture below.
    SYNCHRONICITY abounds.
  • Osamu Tezuka goodness :P