This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• My favorite goth rock song is without a doubt Spellbound by Siouxie and the Banshees. It's a masterpiece.
  • edited November 2009
    Voltaire is pretty cool.

Pretty sure the episode with that song is the best episode of Billy and Mandy ever.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • My favorite goth rock song is without a doubt Spellbound by Siouxie and the Banshees. It's a masterpiece
    No. Fireworks.
  • edited November 2009
    Pretty sure the episode with that song is the best episode of Billy and Mandy ever.
    Billy and Mandy is one of those kids shows that initially looks completely stupid and pointless, but once you catch all the references, you realize that it's brilliant in its own way, sort of like the last remaining successor of Ren and Stimpy. I mean, what other kids' cartoon nowadays could possibly have episodes revolving around the unbirth of characters, Cthulhu, Dune (that one had a whole episode *and* numerous references in other places), Discordianism and the outright destruction of the entire universe!?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • That show and courage the cowardly dog are the only reasons why I can't possibly hate Cartoon Network...
  • Cartoon Network is dead to me. They had gold and they traded it for crap.
  • edited November 2009
    That show and courage the cowardly dog are the only reasons why I can't possibly hate Cartoon Network...
    I also submit the Venture Brothers and Metalocalypse for other reasons.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I also submit the Venture Brothers and Metalocalypse for other reasons.
    Adult Swim should be considered a different network on the same channel.
    I also consider it a separate entity.
    I also consider it a separate entity.
    Well, seeing as it split from CN entirely years ago, you'd be right.
  • From Slashdot comments:
    Imagine a giant penis flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant penis. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant penis rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant penis is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant penis slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant penis finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests uncomfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Slashdot is like.
    Wow.
  • I don't know why exactly, but I find myself laughing hysterically at this video.
  • I don't know why exactly, but I find myself laughing hysterically at this video.
    I could not resist commenting.
    Nither could I - this will be getting hilarious, methinks.
    I saw the opportunity to begin the construction of a pyramid, and was unable to stop myself.
    I saw the opportunity to begin the construction of a pyramid, and was unable to stop myself.
    I used pyramid power to fortell the construction of an awesome pyramid, and thus had to build it to help fulfill the prophesy.
  • edited November 2009
    ..hus had to build it to help fulfill the prophesy.
    Look.. ye mighty.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    I used pyramid power to fortell the construction of an awesome pyramid, and thus had to build it to help fulfill the prophesy.
    Pyramid power. Fuck yeah!
  • Papergirl strikes again!

• Spoiler: Yes, you did just see that.
  • edited November 2009
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Papergirl strikes again!
    Somewhat related: Portland is fucking awesome, and I will live there one day.
  • Since ancient times, there has been a friendly rivalry of the "we occupy you for a few centuries" and "you're all faggots" kind between Finland and Sweden. Keeping with the best traditions of sophomoric insults I give you this clip from Sweden's Idols competition
  • Since ancient times, there has been a friendly rivalry of the "we occupy you for a few centuries" and "you're all faggots" kind between Finland and Sweden.
    Well, it's obvious that Finland is superior in every way.
  • The beginning of this judicial opinion is my Thing of the Day. It's publicly available on OpenJurist. Or you can just Google it.

US v Batson, 782 F.2d 1307 (5th Cir., 1986).
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    In honor of the first episode of Sesame Street being broadcast on TV today, here is the very first episode of the show with Gordon (before he was bald) talking to Oscar and the latter performing "I Love Trash" for the first time. Be shocked at the Oscar you see here, because it's impossible to not be.

EDIT: forgot to post the video heh heh

Post edited by Geo on
  • edited November 2009

Post edited by Alan on